Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suzy Greene 1965-2003
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:13 pm 
F-Winger

On December 13, 2003 Suzy Greene died in an avalanche while snow shoeing near Snowqualmie Pass east of Seattle.

If you wish to contribute to the memorial fund in her name the address is:

Suzy Greene Memorial Fund
Chesepeake Bank
 PO Box 1419
Kilmarnock, VA  22482

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:30 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Suzy Greene - Class of 1983

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:45 pm 
Perlurker

Suzy Greene was one of my best friends at MAHS. We met during my junior year when her and her sister Kathy transferred over from the International School. We became instant friends. She was funny and smart and great to be around. We both left Germany after our junior year, but still remained friends. After graduating from different schools back in the states, I flew to VA for a few weeks during the summer and stayed with her and her family.

What a shock to find this website and learn that she’s passed away. I feel incredibly sad to have discovered this. Suzy and I lost touch with one another during our twenties, but I always hoped we’d meet up again sometime. I was doubly shocked to find out that she had just moved to Seattle only a year before her death, as I‘ve lived in the Seattle area for many years and it would have been wonderful to see her again.

Suzy was one of the most generous, warm hearted people I think I’ve ever met. She was also very hip. The girl had such terrific style. I remember we were constantly trading and borrowing clothes with one another during high school and I always used to bemoan the fact that all my clothes looked better on her than on me. Of course, she never denied this! Anyone who knew Suzy knew that she had a healthy self esteem. Or at least she liked to joke about it. She had a great sense of humor and was very funny. We had a lot of good laughs together. She was also kind and I remember that it was rare to hear her say anything bad about anyone. She preferred to assume the best about people and it was a quality I’d always admired.

We had some fun times in Munich. Hanging around outside smoking those weird Indian cigarettes (Beedees, I think they were called), performing for the Coffee House talent show, going to Club Tomas. I remember having a lot of fun with her just wandering around downtown Munich. She seemed to have an instinct for finding the best bookstores, record shops, funky boutiques, etc. Once we found a Dali art exhibit and spent hours looking through it. I can still hear the way she used to say “Wow….”

Suzy was a great person and a great friend and I’ve thought of her often over the years. If any of her family reads this, let me just say how sorry I am. She was truly one of a kind.