Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:11 pm 
WienerWalder

Jojo:

We weren't too cool. Look at these pics. These are 4 of the 10 pics I can find from MAHS. Enjoy.

Dwayne

http://picasaweb.google.com/dhenderson. ... 4CC4b_j8dY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:04 am 
Blue Mud

I think you guys look pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:54 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Really? Cool? Including Tony in his overalls? Overalls just scream cool don't they? Ok, i know, i'm making fun of a change in times...as you can see from all the other people in those pictures wearing overalls, it was just the thing to do...go through them...see how many guys are wearing them...go ahead....I'll wait....

(says the guy who's carrying his girlfriend's purse in the same picture)

Dwayne

Cool to see those pics again...those were the first MAHS pics I ever received via email waaaaaay back in the late 90s when you first made contact.

I marvel at your forethought for bringing a camera!! I took photography that year and didn't think to bring one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:54 pm 
Blue Mud

MrBill82 wrote:
Really? Cool? Including Tony in his overalls? Overalls just scream cool don't they? Ok, i know, i'm making fun of a change in times...as you can see from all the other people in those pictures wearing overalls, it was just the thing to do...go through them...see how many guys are wearing them...go ahead....I'll wait....

(says the guy who's carrying his girlfriend's purse in the same picture)

Mr. Bill,
The leather hats are really cool, I like overalls and the long hair.But actually I can not see anyone wearing overalls.Where are the overalls?Carrying your womans purse is cool because it is brave and sweet, and anyway maybe it is I who is not cool since I think it is cool. It is the old hippy part of me wanting to come out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:21 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

you don't have to tell ME about the hippie trying to get out...I feel like I've he's been trying to get out for decades in my case.

And I like the leather hats too...I really like hats and always wish I could wear one...however, putting a hat on the pumpkin head I've got makes me look like...well...like a pumpkinhead with a hat on. It's not pretty. Believe me, if I had thought for a second...a SECOND...that I could pull off a leather hat, there'd be one more in those pics.

Tony is wearing overalls. Trust me. Look closely.

And I doubt I was carrying my girlfriend's bag to be sweet but rather simply to have some place to carry my manhood. I'm sure I got to carry it around sometimes so I'd feel better. Just a guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:22 am 
Blue Mud

Quote:
And I doubt I was carrying my girlfriend's bag to be sweet but rather simply to have some place to carry my manhood. I'm sure I got to carry it around sometimes so I'd feel better. Just a guess.

Mr. Bill,
I am not sure I understand what you mean about carrying your manhood around. It is probably a guy thing and let`s face it some things are not meant for me to understand :lol:

About those photos though...

Nr. 1- Is that you and Tony on the bridge and do I see overalls there? Who is that in red sports jacket?
Nr.3-Guys at harbour, will you name them for me?
Nr.4-girl on right in the ice cream picture. Who is that?

Post subject: Overalls
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am 
Poobah

Overalls had their place that year...didn't Brad Pitt wear overalls in Thelma and Louise? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did, I was just way ahead of my time. I was just prepping Mr. Bill for what his next few years of living in Pulaski, VA might be like...and the Mighty Gopher baseball cap...the one thing from Grand Prairie, TX that was never far from me. Alas, the overalls are long gone...but the Gopher cap is still in my closet. I should have brought that to DC for one of the history tables!

Mr. Bill's long hair was a failed attempt to keep that gourd-head undercover for the sake of us all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:08 pm 
Blue Mud

Did Brad wear overalls? Like I said I like the overalls look.
I wore overalls 8 years ago while pregnant. I reminded myself of another famous person. Hardy from " Laurel and Hardy" I just didn´t have the moustache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:11 pm 
WienerWalder

Mr. Bill::

My father bought me a camera for graduation. No lessons came with it so I am lucky the pictures came out. Pentax Me Super...I still have it. Yes, you were on of my first contacts when I started looking for folks. As a matter of fact Tony, Ray Houle, Alison Kovalchik and John Jensen are on that list too.

Carolyn:

I have added names to the pictures. Hope I got the spellings right.

Larry Matthynssens had two sisters, Chris and Sylvia, that lived in Perlacher but opted to go to the German school system. Chris would have been an '82 grad and Sylvia an '84 grad, I believe. You may remember them. Larry is in Florida and the sisters are in the Dallas area, the last I heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:18 am 
Thinking About Getting a Life

the pictures are excellent, dwayne. it is a good thing you took a camera. and took pics! i love venice, but it took me a while to get back there as an adult. and, now that i think about it, that was a long time ago too. hmm...

Post subject: hippies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:55 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

dhender777 wrote:
Jojo:

We weren't too cool. Look at these pics. These are 4 of the 10 pics I can find from MAHS. Enjoy.

Dwayne

http://picasaweb.google.com/dhenderson. ... 4CC4b_j8dY

How did you guys get away with the long hair on a military installation? I always wondered about that. Did any of the military guys give you crap about your hippie hair? My dad would have cracked me for having what he would call "girl's hair." ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:10 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

I can't speak for the other guys, but I remember being called a "long-hair" by one or two of the military guys -- though not maliciously I don't think, and the MPs did stop me once or twice...but all in all, no one ever gave me any crap about it that wasn't good-natured crap...or that I didn't take as good-natured crap...who knows what they were really thinking.

However, it was late 70s/early 80s...it was a bit more common then probably...I guessing anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

probably half the guys on post were wishing they could have their own long hair back. as you said, it was the end seventies, early eighties.

Post subject: Hair
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:18 pm 
WienerWalder

Moose:

My dad was a 1st Sergeant and I always had the high and tight haircuts. However, I asked him my senior to allow me to grow it out....and he did as long as it was washed and combed every day. He also made me get it cut the day after the graduation party. Back to a more respectful length. Those were the days.

Mr. Bill - whose hair was longerin 1982? Yours or Skip Hauge's. You two were pretty close.

D'82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:48 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Probably about the same. Different kind of hair. His was straight and long, mine was thick and long...mine resembled more of a tumbleweed. I always liked Skip's hair, it looked like it was a lot easier to deal with than my mop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next