Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:22 pm 
Blue Mud

Mr. Bill,
Your kids are really cute. When your daughter is 13, you will need to keep a special eye on her.She is probably daddy`s girl though.

Your son is a charmer. He`ll break some hearts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:06 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Moose,
Off the collar and over the ears, that is fiting for someone called Moose. How did you get your nickname. How about a picture of your groomed style? Did you play football?

Mr. Bill,
Nice picture. Your daughter is very pretty. I think you must be a fun dad.

I remember the exact time the moniker "Moose" was used for me. It was my sophomore year in a football game. I was sent in the game and Andy Eways started chanting "Moose" when I went in. Guess he thought it was fitting. I heard the whole bench chanting it and some in the stands.

The following Monday, I heard more people calling me that name. I asked them to stop because I really didn't care for it. But all was lost when teachers were using it. I couldn't tell a teacher not to do it because they held the respected position of a teacher and they were also senior to me. So it stuck. Armand Houle was the guy who had the moniker before me. I have told a select few of the moniker since high school. It doesn't ring intelligent especially in the halls of Congress! ;-) It is probably a preferable name to what the opposition has called me. :lol:

Post subject: Mr. Arlinsky...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:30 pm 
Mustang!

Mr. Arlinsky.....:wink:

Sorry couldn't help myself....Halls of Congress...Halls of MAHS...We all embrace your "nickname" but never forget...that Mike is the name...your right..how did that just stick..? Maybe the reputation..on the field...and in the halls..you seem to have embraced it and not fought it..sorry, teenage memories..and it unfortunately just stuck..It really isn't a bad thing at all..We all adore you anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:30 am 
Blue Mud

How interesting that I guessed right. Wasn`t there a Moose in the Archie comics? A big guy good at sports?
Like all nicknames you grow to except them or even be proud of them.
I was called Kookoo which somehow turned into Kookie in nursing school. Today when suddenly I hear someone yell Kookie, I react happy because I know it is an old friend.

So it is a name reserved for the chosen few.
You have your own MAHS name. Cool.

Post subject: MOOSE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:31 pm 
WienerWalder

OH MY!!
Mike, I remember your first day at Football Practice, Here comes this HUGE guy with pads that were too small for his own protection,thinking to myself ooo crap here is some kid that just wants to play no matter what!
Your "nickname" fits you. Be Proud and wear it LOUD. If you look up what a male MOOSE stands for, you will be able to understand that it is not a bad moniker.It just means one who looks out for others and stands in the way of harm for those who are not as BIG or STRONG as others.
Kinda of what you and your congressman do for us.

THANKS MOOSE!!!!

Post subject: Re: MOOSE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:23 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Parabrats wrote:
OH MY!!
Mike, I remember your first day at Football Practice, Here comes this HUGE guy with pads that were too small for his own protection,thinking to myself ooo crap here is some kid that just wants to play no matter what!
Your "nickname" fits you. Be Proud and wear it LOUD. If you look up what a male MOOSE stands for, you will be able to understand that it is not a bad moniker.It just means one who looks out for others and stands in the way of harm for those who are not as BIG or STRONG as others.
Kinda of what you and your congressman do for us.

THANKS MOOSE!!!!

Thanks dude! I remember you as one tough football player and fast as heck. By the time I got to the tackle, you had already sliced and diced them.