Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Juicy info
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:52 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Ok, time for everyone to dish the juicy stuff. Who hooked up with who, where, when, did they get caught, was it with a teacher, janitor? Fess up guys on seniors taking out junior high girls...anyone else notice the small pool of potential dates amongst our own? I know some of the girls dated the GIs...

It is also time to fess up on pranks played on teachers or students! Let the info flow on the mysteries of MAHS. Who painted the elephant? I never did, I was a saint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:25 pm 
Blue Mud

I recall Rob Foore painting an awesome tribute to "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" on the elephant named, appropriately enough, "Fast Times at Munich High", in which he substituted a pair of Lowe hiking boots for the checkered Vans. It's a crime that it was eventually painted over, and an even worse crime that I never took a photo of it.

Fighting the Global War on Terror until 5 p.m. everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:07 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

ralphdsmith wrote:
I recall Rob Foore painting an awesome tribute to "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" on the elephant named, appropriately enough, "Fast Times at Munich High", in which he substituted a pair of Lowe hiking boots for the checkered Vans. It's a crime that it was eventually painted over, and an even worse crime that I never took a photo of it.

Yeah, you and your camera!

Post subject: Zibby's podium
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:40 am 
Mustang!

Who remembers the boys from the class of 86 who took Zibells podium and burned it? Then delivered it back to him after the prank.... I believe the Howard twins and Donald Sydlik were involved.
Let's see what else?? Pushing the chairs up on Switzer while he was teaching, we did that a lot too.. X Lax in Hanson's coffee... My brother chasing Switzer down the hall chanting "give me a B". and the list goes on... Hopefully this will get everyone thinking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 pm 
WienerWalder

I remember the burning of the podium, but didn't that happen twice? Something in the back of my mind, wasn't there a wooden one and then that was replaced by a metal (?) one? The metal one was returned in pieces and then the pieces were distributed out, I still have one of the them tucked away in a box in the loft.

Or am I, in my old age, remembering something completely different?

Post subject: podium
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:17 pm 
Mustang!

Yes I believe there were numerous burnings etc. Most bon fires involved the burning of his podium. And I do think the metal one was broken as well. Hey Juli good to hear from you! Let me think what other pranks did we do.. Oh in typing class unplugging the person's type writer in front of you while they were typing... oh setting alarm clocks to go off in the lockers every 5 minutes or so and locking someone in the lockers too that was a fun one too.

Post subject: baseball field
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:58 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Ok, I remember a certain playa I hung out with who hooked up with another senior out on the baseball field near the elementary school which was near the PX I think. They went out there during lunch. That was quite a lunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:11 pm 
WienerWalder

For anyone who was at MAHS during the 1982-1985 timeframe might remember that it was part of the Freshman "Welcome" (ha-ha) to catch the freshman and lock them in lockers in the school or they were picked up and put into the huge green trash dumpsters. That seems so cruel now that I'm a parent but it was funny as hell when we were kids...especially since we were just spectators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:46 am 
F-Winger

I remember people tightening Ms. Hanson's thermos everyday. We would sit there watching intently, hoping to see how much trouble she would have opening it. Either we weren't as strong as we thought we were or that woman had some kind of super grip because she never seemed to strain at all to open it.

I also remember someone put a bunch of AIDS pamphlets on Zibell's desk and took his second metal podium and hid it in the boys bathroom.