Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Class of 87 -- Please Post!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 pm 
F-Winger

I waited for someone to take the lead. Looks like it will have to be me. I'm Jeff Craven. Attended from 1984-1986. I'm class of 87, but we PCS'd in my senior year (major bummer, I don't recommend it).

I'm living in Phoenix AZ, have two girls and a wife, and my own little law practice.

O.K., now its your turn. Please post, tell me who you are, where you are and what you are up to. Post a memory of your time at MAHS, too!

Put in your "do you remembers" for people you'd like to find, too. Who knows? Maybe someone knows somebody who knows the whereabouts of the person you want to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:44 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hey jeff,
welcome to the board.
i graduated in 85, so was much older than you, but kai akagi was/is a friend of mine, and yone, his sister too. you might also remember lauri oliver and annie gunther from the class below you? i see them a lot. your class does seem very quiet with reference to this board, but i hope you can stir up some responses.
where did you go after you left munich? There was another discussion a few months ago about how awful it is to leave senior year. most kids never have to experience that trauma. i don't suppose yours are likely to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:21 pm 
F-Winger

Sorry...start a thread and then disappear for four months, not brilliant, huh?

I remember Kai by name only. I seem to recall Lauri Oliver and Annie Gunther, but really didn' hang with them. Though, looking back at the yearbook, I think that Lauri was on the Cross-Country team at least one of the two years I was on the team.

We left Munich and went to D.C. My stepdad got assigned to the Pentagon. We were living in West Springfield, VA for the year I was there (actually, I think the rest of the family stayed another year).

After high school I moved to San Diego to live with my Dad and attend college. I went to UCSD. One other MAHS alum, Bill James, ended up there while I went to school. We saw each other once in a while, but it's a big campus and we were in different programs (and different sub-schools), so we didn't hang out or anything.

Went to law school, got married to my college sweetheart, moved to Hawaii for 3.5 years, moved the SF Bay area for a year and a half (where my first daughter was born), and eventually wound up in Phoenix AZ, a place I have no particular love of, but that has worked out for us, financially and all.

Recently, I've been in contact with Suzie Reinman, Chris Varhola, and Bill James.

Back in the late 90s I was able to get in contact with some members of my class and my friends from other classes. A lot of my friends were in the Class of 86. Last people I had contact with were Robert Stacy (86), Adrian Bryant (87), and Brian Smith (85). Maybe a couple of others. I used to communicate with Anne Mumbauer when I was in college. She went to Stetson U in Florida; last I knew she got married (new lastname Fogate). These are some of the people I'd like to reach.

Actually, I know where Bob Stacy is, I just don't get to talk to him often. He's living in Burbank and doing quite well, with 3 kids and a wife. Which is amazing, if you knew him in high school, you'd never think of him as the Dad type, but he actually loves it and that's fantastic.

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm the obit post for Susan Naylor. I'd also like to find out what her brother is up to these days (Rob and I were on the Cross-country team together).

FWIW, you aren't THAT much older than me. The first year I was there (84), I went to Prom with Rhonda Wilbanks (85). Brian went with Jennifer McHugh (87). I'd like to track her down, too. Last time I saw her was probably 1990.

I'd also like to catch up with Sara Akimoto (though not sure she'd remember me), Dawn Guerrero, Teresa Nichols, Natascha Walker, Tara Keating, Corey Couch, Arthur Pedersen, Wendy Ratliff, Gina Coffman, and Beth Ziegler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:04 pm 
WienerWalder

check out facebook, many of the people you listed are there. Just caught up with Robert Stacey and Sara Akimoto, there are some pictures of Rob Naylor floating around on it too.

Susie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:01 am 
Perlurker

Class of 87 here. I was there from 78-80. Name is Thomas Payne. I am looking for classmates too. My best friend at the time was Bill Johnson.