Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: what a lame class
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:28 pm 
F-Winger

Can you believe how far behind we are (compared to '82). We had the biggest class MAHS had seen to date. Where are all the rest of our classmates? You guys, get them on here if you are in touch with someone. I resisted joining, but I got over it. They will too.

Post subject: Re: what a lame class
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:04 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Katrin Hurley Moffett wrote:
I resisted joining, but I got over it. They will too.

Katrin...why did you resist joining? I ask because I'm sure there are plenty of other folks out there who aren't joining as well and if we knew why maybe we could change something that would make it easier for them to take the plunge.
....mr.bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:25 pm 
F-Winger

I'm not really sure. It seemed cumbersome. I didn't want to tell my life story, etc. No real reason. Just stubborness. Katrin

Post subject: I know what you mean
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:08 pm 
Poobah

Katrin and Mr. Bill,

I think I know where you're coming from. I'd never, ever really posted to an online forum before getting involved with this one last December. That first post is the hardest...posting a pic was harder (unless you're J. Gatt or JoAnn :) )...then you say to hell with it and it becomes a fun diversion and you have fun with it! As a big board recruiter now, I can honestly say it's been a blast! But if you'd asked me six months ago...I would have probably been less likely then to jump in. I've located about ten grads from in and around my class who've yet to join up...it's not for everyone, you gotta respect that. But for those who have ventured in, it's been great seeing those names float by from MAHS.

And Katrin...don't look now...but I think the class of '86 is passing the class of '84 in the fast lane!! Mary's been working hard on the '84 grads and Barbara the '86ers...bring 'em on!!

Post subject: Class Roster
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:01 pm 
WienerWalder

How do you know how many there are from the best class ever to graduate? (1984, of course!) We don't have a roster posted yet.

I think I saw that Mary wanted to do it, but didn't have a list of names. I can get the list of names together from my yearbook and/or graduation program (I think I can find it) if that's what's holding things up.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:08 pm 
F-Winger

Hey Chris, How are you? We lost touch a while back. Catch us up...

Post subject: roster
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 am 
WienerWalder

OK, Chris and Katrin,

You have given me the push I need to get the roster done. Tony sent me one. I will post it today.

Mary

Post subject: Roster
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:39 pm 
Mary,

Good job. Unfortunately, I can't add anyone to the found category.

Katrin,

Nothing much new that I didn't already write in my "E True Hollywood Story" that I posted in the "who are you and where are you" section. Apparently that was the wrong place to post since no one responded.

How long has it been? What's new with you that hasn't already been posted?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:02 pm 
F-Winger

Hey Chris, well, I retired from belly dancing about 6 years ago. :roll: I danced for about 8 years. When I was pregnant with my youngest, it failed to interest me, so I quit. I have an inkling that I may want to get back in, so I have kept all my costumes just in case. What I would really like to get in to is ballroom dancing. I don't know if I can stand the exceedingly high heels that they wear. :wink:

Otherwise, my life pretty much revolves around my kids. I work about 16-20 hours a week and play mommy/housewife the rest of the time. I pretty much suck at the latter. I think I need a maid. :oops:

I have been married nearly 17 years. Got married in England in front of a mostly Faroese crowd. That was pretty cool. The women wore traditional American stuff, but the men wore "morning suits" complete with top hats. You apparently can't rent "normal" suits in England.

After High School, I lived in New Mexico until I graduated, and then moved to Boise, Idaho, where we still live. Bret (my husband) has been promoted recently, so we may have to move this summer to the company headquarters in Haily, Idaho.

My parents and both my sisters live in Colorado. JoAnn and her husband (both with masters degrees in Environmental Engineering) live in Golden and are Highschool teachers. They have 2 teenage sons. My little sister, Elisabeth, is finishing her undergraduate degree in Film Studies (she wants to be a director) in Boulder. She lives with her fiancee in the Denver area. My parents live on a ranch in southern Colorado. My mom runs a yarn shop and gives knitting lessons.

That's about as exciting as my life gets. I am sure other classmates have more glamorous tales to tell. Let's hear them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:27 pm 
F-Winger

Hey all you MAHS fans...I need to find Lynn Ward...I would also like to know how many of you remember the Clippers!!!

Post subject: Hi folks...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:41 pm 
Perlurker

Hi all...this is michael scott...i think of many of you often and would like to hear from you...i'm living in oklahoma city now and i minister in a catholic church as liturgist and music director...i have a great choir but that's another post...all is well with me and the family...hope to hear from 1 or 2 or more of you soon...cheers
[/img]

Post subject: Clippers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:02 pm 
WienerWalder

Yes, I remember the clippers. In fact, I still have my clip. How scary is that?

Who came up with that whole thing? Kathy Shanley comes to mind...

Chris[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:51 pm 
Blue Mud

Clippers...did that have to do with all that Glockenspiel jive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:14 am 
F-Winger

yeah, that's right. I agree with Chris, I think Kathy invented us. Hey Ralph, how are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:27 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

The disdain for loud, annoying American tourists was universal, but yes, I believe that the actual 'Clips' were a Kathy thing. God only knows how.

Rob Foore, MAHS '84

Lobstah4@gmail.com

AIM: Lobstah4
Y!IM: rnfoore@yahoo.com
MSNIM: Lobstah4@hotmail.com