Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:58 pm 
F-Winger

hey kids! what's shakin?! i just today actually got into ALL the different subjects/posts/things! lol :!:
this site is taking me on such a long walk down memory lane. good and bad. :? what a trip! i always enjoy seeing the names of people i haven't seen in so long! hey to all! :wink:
i guess i could put out all my business too, since you all did! lol :wink:
let's see.....where to begin.....
went to u of m in munich for 2 yrs. til the momster pulled out the funding :evil: .....joined the marines (that'll teach her!). got married in the corps, had a son, got outta the corps (not necessarily in that order). that marriage was seriously doomed from jump street. :cry: went back in the military - army this time so i could go home! - and got stationed in ansbach, germany. FINALLY got my divorce while there! got the privilege of serving the country at war (whoohooooo can't say i want to do that again!) and then had enough of that and got out. got married to a soldier, had 2 girls and got to stay in germany until '97. yay! wish we could go back, but i think uncle sam thinks we overstayed our welcome! :roll:
we were sent to indianapolis from there. really liked it. thought we would retire there.... :? went to work recruiting for the nasty girls...er, the national guard (my bad! :o ) and then various things. finally settled into the cosmetology industry from behind the desk and then from behind the chair. well, still working on that! went to school there until we got pcs'd to fort campbell, ky. then we got sent to hell......er, i mean, fort benning, ga last year. we are still trying to get out of here. the state of georgia is not my friend. lol gina knows what i'm talking about. she can't wait to leave either! lol :D :twisted: going back to cosmo school here (er, i use the term school loosely when applying it to anything in this area! :twisted: :D )
my kiddies are now 16, 10 and 8. they are crazy people. go figure! :shock: :o :D we also have 4 cats. they are also crazy people! :D
can't wait for the reunion in miami!! everyone should go!!!!!!!
that's it for now, kids! i need a nap after all that! :D

Post subject: hello '84
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:36 pm 
Perlurker

Lisa McMahon now Smith checking in. Talk about a blast from the past! Seeing the names of people in the class was awesome.

I graduated MAHS in 84, went to UMUC in Munich of and on till 88. worked a Chiemsee for a while. Came back to the DC area worked and studied part time (more work than study)and graduated at UM in College Park in 93. Thank God! I thought I would never get out of school. I have worked in the Mortgage Banking world (yuck) since I came back to CONUS.

Got married to a wonderful man almost 4 years ago. :D I now live in DC in a nice old neighborhood.

My brother Dan class of 82 lives just across the bridge in Alexandria, VA. He is also married and has a son 9 years old. Dan has kept in contact with a lot of MAHS people. Mostly class of 82 .

Last edited by LisaMcSmith84 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Checking in from Arizona!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:44 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Lisa Mazza here ... formerly known as Lisa Powers. Definitely not lost, but living out here in Arizona for the last 20+ years. Boy, that's a long time!! Would love to hear from anyone in the class of 1984! Anybody else live out on this side of the States?? Feel free to drop me an email at lmazza1@cox.net.

BTW my son just turned 19 years old yesterday... boy do I feel old!

(me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:21 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Hey everyone -- decided my last post here was kind of lame so here's an update:

right after graduation, moved back to the states (Massachusetts);
enrolled in a local university (unfortunately had way more fun partying with the Special Forces guys then I did studying);
dropped out after the first year;
moved to Pennsylvia with one of the Special Forces guys I met (but not until he so promptly got discharged for coming up hot one too many times - guess that pickle juice didn't work)
got engaged; moved to Arizona;
got pregnant; got married (oopps! did I do that in the wrong order :oops: )
marriage didn't quite agree with me; got divorced after two years (lasted longer than my stint in college :? )
raised a pretty good kid -- now 19, still living at home but just got a great job with UPS
working as a legal assistant in a national law firm;
just turned 40 and still have a great time!!!

-Lisa
Class of '84

Post subject: I'm registered -- are you??
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Just registered the other day to attend the D.C. reunion!! Looking at the list of "who's coming" though, I only see 4 people from the class of '84 registered!! Not a very good showing :(

Now if I can make it to D.C. all the way from Arizona, just about anyone should be able to make it. So, come on everyone.... let's get registered!! Wouldn't it be great if the Class of 1984 made a commanding presence at the event!!!

Hope to see everyone there!!

-Lisa
Class of '84

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm 
WienerWalder

I'm with you Lisa, I'd love to see the class of 84 make a commanding presence at the reunion. Let's try to work on that for next year.

Maybe.....while we're at the reunion, lets start a class roster with contact information for everyone that attends and see if we can't get a "80s Baby" reunion together in the next year or two. Plan a 3 day reunion, I think that it would be lots of fun and even plan to have a Back to the 80s Party one those nights. Remember the DYA lock-ins?

I'm trying to see if someone can post the links to the other MAHS sites out there so that I can check on the other sites and find more people from our class and the other 80s classes. I'll have to let you know how it goes. Stay in touch and I'm looking forward to hanging out when I come to Arizona in July.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:53 pm 
WienerWalder

Lisa,

I saw your in your post that you have a 19 year old son...I must have been lagging behind because my daughter will be turning 14 on February 16th. We've been discussing party plans. Last year, I rented a limo for her and her friends (my mother & I rode too) so that we could go to this place called Dave & Busters. You may have heard of it but it's a restaurant with a huge game room for us kids of all ages. Then I took her and 5 other girls to have a overnight party (slumber party) at a hotel. I had to get an ajoining room and just left the door open so that those giggling girls wouldn't drive me crazy but I could keep an eye on them. Everyone had a great time.

She asked me for a paintball party this year but I think that may be a bit rough so I was thinking about a laser-tag party instead. We'll see what happens but I told her that I'm not doing the limo or the whole weekend thing this time. We'll see...

Post subject: Re: Class of '84
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:04 pm 
Perlurker

This John Clarke here. Class of 1984. clarke34243@msn.com I was there in Munich from Jan of 1980 to July of 1983. I was forced to spend my senior year graduating from Seoul, Korea. My email is clarke34243@msn.com. I sure missed not graduating in Munich with everybody I knew. I just attended my Seoul, Korea all year reunion today. Only 6 in my class of 120 showed up. A rather hollow showing with a total of 156 of all the years combined. Ironic how MAHS closed in 1992 yet way more get together them the Seoul, Korea High School. Seoul high school is still running on top of that.