Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Class of '84
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:00 pm 
WienerWalder

Ok, all you Class of '84 alum (I sure missed graduating with you all--the move after my junior year was horrible), lets see how many classmates you can get to join this site so we can plan a reunion. It looks like the Class of '82 is dominating this site. I know we can find lots of old friends. I'd love to hear from you. As your JUNIOR class treasurer (how about that Junior prom in Dachau castle--I love telling that story), I'll lead this effort to be the biggest class on this site---until we have a senior class officer take over.

Mary Gatt (Davis)

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:47 pm 
F-Winger

Posting a reply so Mary feels she is doing a good job. Sorry, Mary, I don't have contact with anyone that is not already on our list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:07 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

You know Katrin...for a first post...that was a bit light. We've all been sitting here waiting for you. Would you like to try again? :D

Post subject: What I've been up to.........
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:41 pm 
WienerWalder

I thought we could use this forum to catch everybody up on our lives since high school....already 21 years ago! YIKES!

I missed graduating with the Class of '84 and hated my senior year in Fairfax with a graduating class of 325. I was lucky to have two familiar faces in my school....Meg ('85) and Beth Conrad ('87?). I went to VA Tech for mathematics and statistics and worked for the U.S. Census Bureau since 1986 (a gov't worker for almost 20 years!). I was lucky to have met my husband, Raymond, of 15 years at work. I have 3 children--Jeffrey, 8; Alison, 6; and Rachel, 4. I took a few years off from work and spent time at home with the kids and have just returned to the Census Bureau on a part-time basis in Nov. 2004.

For those of you who know my brother...he's John82 on this site. Check out the NOW pics to see some of him and his wife, Kristi.

I have very fond memories of my time in Germany. Others are a little fuzzy due to an alcohol induced state. :wink: Some of my favorites: Junior prom at the Dachau Schloss (people still can't believe we had a prom in Dachau!), Little Oktoberfest, playing Manhunt in the woods behind my house, bagging groceries at the commissary (girls got great tips on the express lane from the service men), Napoli's pizza, riding the S-bahn downtown and always getting pictures in the photo booths in the train station with Tiffany, Shannon, Michelle, and others; playing volleyball, AAFES picnics at Lake Chimsee; trips to Copenhagen and Camp Darby in Italy. I have TONS of pictures from my time in Germany---I'm sure I could incriminate a few of you. :wink:

I hope everybody is well and I'd love to read what you've been up to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:40 pm 
F-Winger

Well, after graduating in Munich, I went to college in New Mexico. After taking many classes in underwater basketweaving (It took me a while to graduate) I finally got a degree in physical therapy in 1991.

My husband and I moved to Boise right after my graduation. We've been here ever since. We now have two kids: Annika is in 3rd grade and excels in science and singing, Berint is in preschool and is quite the computer geek (like his dad). I am back in school, studying for a doctorate in physical therapy. I may finish that this year if my motivation doesn't fail me. As a family, we mostly like to go camping, watch movies, and go to kid friendly museums.

Unfortunatly, I don't get to ski as much as I did in Germany. I think I have gone about 20 times since leaving Germany. I am surrounded by non skiers, so I am always on the lookout for a skiing partner. If anyone comes to Boise, look me up and we can go up to the mountains. There are some good places to ski here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. And hey...despite graduating HS two years before you, I graduated from college in 91 too! I enjoyed college quite a bit.

Anyway, this isn't even my class thread, so I'll leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:06 pm 
Blue Mud

In the broad strokes, I graduated The University of Maryland in Political Science, earned my Master's in International Relations from Boston University, worked in international banking for a couple of years, joined the military, got married (8 yrs. on Feb. 22), fought a war, and am now in Monterey, CA training the next generation of soldiers. Is that twenty years?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:14 pm 
F-Winger

Hey Ralph, how are you doing? Wow, you have been busy.

Post subject: Lebensgeschichte
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Yo, my peeps, whut it be?

Sure is nice to 'see all you familiar faces' again.

My life thus far (the Reader's Digest condensed version):

Came back to CONUS (dragged onto the plane kicking and screaming!) in Jan '85; went to school in MA, BS in Int'l Management '89. Moved to DC area, worked for a university and morphed into an IT guy. MS in Management for free!

Moved to Richmond for a while while my fiance finished her MS; another BS degree in Comp Sci. Got married May '97; moved to Western Burbs of Philly early '98; work for a German software company. Two awesome sons, Robbie (4 1/2, named after my dad, not me!) and Benjamin, 14 months. Robbie is a ski bum too... this is from our trip to VT last month: http://home.comcast.net/~foore01/MOV00334.MPG

It has been nice to get together with some folks over the years... in fact, this is from a little gathering at Vicki Schneider's place in Georgetown last fall...

Left to Right, Yours Truly, Vicki, Bob Lesjak, Martin Butler, George Sieretzski

Rob Foore, MAHS '84

Lobstah4@gmail.com

AIM: Lobstah4
Y!IM: rnfoore@yahoo.com
MSNIM: Lobstah4@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:09 am 
F-Winger

Oh. My. God. I just typed this five-paragraph freaking thing and then LOST IT because I wasn't logged in. So . . . I'm grabbing another beer, putting in another load of laundry, turning up Letterman, and starting over. Big sigh.

Okay - I'll try to sound original even though I just typed this - or something similar - minutes ago.

Hey guys! Mary, now that you're on here, I'm certain there will be a deluge of 1984 grads logging on, signing up and otherwise checking it out.
Yea!

Well, I was only at MAHS for my freshman and sophomore year - whichever those ended up being if I graduated in 1984. NOT the math major (Mary . . . ). After forging many friendships I was certain I'd have forever, I was forced to move to northern Virginia where I completed my high school days (in terror, actually, based on the stories told to me by both Fred Federici and Bob Swainhart who had gone to middle school nearby). Needless to say, I survived and moved on to the next nine years of my life which basically were comprised of attending several colleges and finally graduating from one. Yea! Then I had a big party (still am, come to think of it!).

Sometime during that vast period, I met my (soon to be ex) husband of 13 years in Virginia and we proceeded to move to Atlanta where we've been ever since (with the exception of two fairly cool years in London). I have a daughter, Madeleine, who is eight and in third grade and of course she's phenomenal (except when it comes to anything requiring coordination).

I am an account manager in the transportation staffing industry (REALLY not much to tell there) and overall have a pretty great life. Recently I managed to re-establish e-contact with Sean McDade who is currently in CA, but moving to NY. Fred Federici ended up marrying one of my best friends in Virginia and they now live in Albuquerque with their three daughters. I was in touch with Mimi Strong for a while but we've since lost touch - Mimi - where are you? I mean - exactly WHERE in Utah? : )
I saw Ron Grandl once during my early college years and I vaguely remember him doing the band thing.

Anyone who lives in the Atlanta area - or who will be passing through - please let me know! Well, not just anyone, but you know.

Watching and waiting for more replies!! Cheers!

It's Erin (Williams) Ballentine trying to get in touch with the class of freaking 1984!! Where are you? Mary Gatt? Mimi Strong? Debbie Pierce? Jackie, Tiffany? Meg and Cathy Conrad? Mike Miller? Mimi, Mark or Rob Strong?

Post subject: David Penrod and Sylvia(Wendelken)Penrod
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:46 pm 
WienerWalder

We finally found each other after 12 years of no contact. This May, we will be Married for 6 years. :D We live just north of Tampa Fl. David Coaches Lacrosse for the local middle and High Schools.Sylvia is office Manager for a bakery in Tampa. We are looking forward to seeing fellow grads of MAHS. We own an original boot from the BOOTROOM. David has kept it safe since Sylvia Sent it to him on his 18th Birthday. The funny thing is that it is the same one he last drank from that wonderful last night in MUNICH. We will add more later.

Post subject: Dave and Sylvia
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:43 am 
WienerWalder

Sylvia and Dave,
That's amazing to find each other after 12 years. What a great story. I don't remember if you dated in high school. I'm amazed at how many Munich marriages there are. I was married in '89 and had some Munich alum at my wedding and then 2 years later Meg Conrad ('85) and Steve Hoffman ('82) got married after finding each other again as a result of my wedding. My husband was born and raised in MD. My childhood of moving every 3 to 4 years is foreign to him. It takes a BRAT to understand a BRAT and the bonds you form along the way. It's great that you are a PARABRATS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:42 pm 
F-Winger

It is nice to see some familiar names on here. I was in Munich from May 82 until July 85. Once back in the states my family went to Fort Leavenworth in the Kansas City area. I attended Kansas State University and graduated in May 89 with a degree in Human Development Family Studies and Social Work.

I saw Linda Senne, Chris Pedersen, Shawn Graves, Kevin Pedersen in May 92 at Kim Pedersen's wedding in Atco, NJ. I haven't seen them since but have talked with Linda via email. Linda is in the Baltimore area. Shannon Webb and I stay in touch over email also.

Hey Sylvia!! Sylvia and I have kept in touch and have seen each other several times. She was in my wedding in 95. My husband and I have one son, Cameron, who is 7.

The Army life has stayed in my blood. I have worked for Dept. of the Army for 16 years and am woking at Fort Leavenworth.

College was fun....but it didn't quite compare with going to High School and U of M in Munich.

Kris Kelly Kilgore 84

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:15 pm 
Perlurker

Howdy all.
Gina Rowland here.
Not a whole lot kickin' Let's see, hmmmmm.
Left Munich in 87 and moved to Indiana.
Hated Indiana moved to Georgia. Not too fond of the peach state either.
Was a systems engineer for the Home Depot in their Computer Based Training department. Boring. Left and was Art Director for a small agency in Atlanta. Was laid off after the .com crisis in 2000. :)
Currently, I am an animator/designer. self employed
I work alot with Home Depot and Coca Cola. Television stuff too.
Was married -now divorced -no kids. (that's because I'm a child hater!!)
That's a joke. That's what I tell my nieces & nephews when they ask why I have no kids. I have a dog. I like animals.
Trying to get the heck out of Georgia and move to Miami to become a painter/bum and lay around on the beach all day. That's the plan anyway!
That about sums it up - I keep in touch with George S.- Vicki S. - Don Kunsman - Michelle Merkle - Juanita - and others. Oh and of course Marika!!!

Post subject: Hello Gorgeous!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:40 pm 
Perlurker

Hey everyone! It's meeee ... Michelle (Merkle Jameson). For those who don't remember me <pout>, I was one of the those that had the difficult life of living in Garmisch. Poor, poor me. <playing violin with pinky finger> HA! I left Garmisch in 1990, when I married into the military ... moved to Texas, got divorced after only 4.5 fantabulous years <c'est la vie> and have been since 1995. Have one son, Jacob, who is about to turn 13 and stands taller than me. Yeah, like that's a stretch. LOL Am I REALLY THAT old now?!? Naaaaah! <smirk>

Anyway, live in Houston and have since '95. Manage the medical practice for an Oral Maxillofacial / Facial Cosmetic Surgeon. Pretty cool, and no, I haven't had any work ... YET! <winks> Love my job and really do enjoy living in the big city ... it's just could we PLEASE get some cool weather here?!? LOL Miss Europe and Garmisch/Munich more than I thought I would, but at least my folks still live in Germany and I can go visit and stay for FREE! Yeah me. But that ride will soon end as they're retiring and moving stateside next year. Poor me again. LMAO

I keep in touch with Karin Tidwell (Russo now), Susan Falk (now Payne), Juanita Chulita, Gina & Marika, Sylvia and David, Rob Foore, etc., etc. If I forgot your name and talk to you regularly, you must make me buy you a beer the next time I see you at a reunion. Uh oh, going to check my savings account balance now!!!!! <giggle> :D

Prost!