Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hey Sandi etc
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm 
F-Winger

Hi! So sorry I missed the reunion. it killed me! i really wanted to be there --but i had just gotten back from new zealand on tuesday and couldn't take another trip.
sandi - you sound great - in fact, all of you sound great - i need to call amy to get the full skinny on everyone, she promised me, but at the time she was just sitting down to dinner (beer) with kristen, mary, john, kate c., YOU, etc.

damn - i missed everyone! so happy to hear miki and everyone else was there. and i vow not to miss the next one.

glad to hear you are well and following your dreams as well. as amy probably told you - i see her and kate conrad, and that's about it.

living in la now for 11 years and i really like it.
my dad died in 2004 - still sad about it and think about him every day, but i'm happy to say that he finally saw the red sox win the world series. at least that cheers me up.
my mom is doing well - she got a new kidney!!! in july of last year and so far so good. she's a trooper. still smart and funny and full of life. it's been a hard couple of years with dialysis and then the transplant but she's hanging in there and you'd never know it.

jay is doing well - he has 2 adorable girls - katie and callie. they are 12 and 10. they live in the boston area and i wish i saw them more. jay has been coming out to la every other week for 2 days in the past 2 months so i've seen him more than i usually do.

i'm busy - doing cartoons and other stuff. i'll be in the upcoming simpsons movie and also in the movie evan almighty. i also will be in some episodes (4 to 6??- they don't tell me anything!) in reno 911 in the next season. i play a hideous character and told my mother not to watch it. my character is truly awful - it was a lot of fun to play, one of my funnest jobs yet.

i do hope you make it out here and would love to see you! amy has my number - or you can email me and i'll email it back. i don't put it on websites cause i have lots of fans of one of my cartoons, naruto, and they are teenagers and .... enough said....

glad to be in touch. i want to hear more stories about everyone!!!

smooches to all the munich pals.

Post subject: also
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 pm 
F-Winger

sandi - tell your sister hello!

WHERE IS THE REST OF OUR CLASS???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:22 am 
Thinking About Getting a Life

maile,
wish you could have been at this reunion. jay too. definitely needed some flanagans! but i get that you guys are busy. next time (hopefully that will happen) for sure.
there are a lot of pics floating around out there. let me know if no one has gotten any to you and i'll fwd you some via email.
by the way, your class was well represented. not a bad turn out for '83 at all. not as good as '85, but then what can one expect? :)
jojo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:24 am 
F-Winger

hi,

anyone from 83 remember me? then nadia (pitcher), these days i go by rhiannon.

great board, this - only happened upon it a few days ago and am already overwhelmed with memories.... :D

Post subject: Nadia
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm 
Poobah

Rhiannon,

I remember you. In fact, I think you may have lived in the same building as me in Perlacher for a while (we moved to Bogehausen in Nov of '78 ) building 312 next to the little hill? We were in C-6. Do I have that right? The Acalas and Mike Medai lived in our stairwell, too.

At any rate...the memory is fading fast, but welcome to the board just the same. Nice to have you check in. Enjoy the posts and pics and I'm sure you'll find some of your old cronies on the board!

Take care,

Last edited by ToneSavvy82 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:21 am 
F-Winger

tony,

yes! it's all coming back to me now, as the song goes. we lived in c-3, we used to play ping pong with mike, the alcala girls and your little brother up in the playroom, right? and i had a mad crush on you, as i recall, when i was 13 or so... :lol:

wow.... it's been ages.... 8)

rhiannon

Post subject: That's the place
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:37 am 
Poobah

Rhiannon,

Yep, that was the place. We honed those ping pong skills quite well, right?...and it's one of the reasons I still have a ping pong table in my basement today, my kids can beat me now...if that shows where my skills have gone after 29 years!

We only lived in Perlacher for about five months, then I rode the bus to school. One of the benefits of that building...the Little O'Fest was just over that hill. :)

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 am 
F-Winger

tony, we were regular ping pong wizards. ;)

ah yes, the little o'fest. had a lot of fun and even more beer there. plus of course the extra bonus of having drunks spewing in our hallway, ugh!

rhiannon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am 
Perlurker

Hi There,

It's Stephanie Burrows (Nugent now). I happened across this site and was thrilled to see all the names I recognized. I left Munich after junior year.

I live with my husband Chris and our two daughters in Tennessee. Brittany is a senior (17) and Megan is a freshman (15). I teach 4th grade.

Memories are still there....fuzzy, but there. I dug out the yearbooks last night after I found the site. Wow! Has it really been that long? Hope to talk with all of you.

Stephanie Burrows (Nugent)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:59 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Stephanie...was hoping that was you when I saw the Steph83 in the email to approve the new account. It's great you found the site!