Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:32 am 
WienerWalder

Maile! Your show sounds great! I'm going to check it out. Thanks! I'm glad to see that Amy signed in. I thought at first, no-one from the class of 83 would ever sign up! Anyway, I'm in touch with Steve and Sandi. Steve is living in Missouri near his brother John. His parents are doing well. They live about a half hour away from them. I think Steve told me his dad was turning or is 80 years old. Hard to believe. As for Sandi, she lives about a hour and half away from me. She is doing great. Works in fashion. I don't get to see her that much. Between her traveling all over the world and my work/sports with the kids, there never seems to be enough time to see each other. I'll let her know you asked about her.
Speaking of my boys, they are pretty tall. My oldest is almost 5'2' . The youngest is growing like a weed as well. He has my long legs. I put a picture on this website. It's from last summer. Gotta go! Work calls! Kristin

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:35 am 
WienerWalder

Hi Amy! I'm glad you signed up! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well.
When you have time, post a picture of your family on this site! Kristin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:48 pm 
Perlurker

Thanks, Kristin!
Your boys are adorable, and you look GREAT!!!

How long have you been teaching? Do your boys go to your school?
I taught 3rd grade and I loved that age. I also decided that if I went any higher, the kids would be taller than I was!

Do you live close to the DC area? My dad lived in Arlington, VA from
'83 until he died in '92. I miss visiting that area! It was also great during the summers home from college to see old friends like Maile, Kathy C, and the Gatts.

Take care,
Amy

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:27 pm 
WienerWalder

Amy! I'm so glad to hear from you! Steve has mentioned that he has seen you at a reunion in Las Vegas. The picture of you and Patty, Angie and Kevin was great! You haven't changed a bit. As for me, I've been teaching for 16 years. I've taught first, second and third. I have to admit, I love first grade the best. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Are you planning any visits to the east coast? I live about an hour and a half from DC. Let me know if you are coming, I would love to see you! Kristin

Post subject: Hey Amy, Maile, and Kathy
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:49 am 
WienerWalder

Glad to see you guys joined up. I saw you pictures from the Vegas reunion a few years and ago and I believe Jay was at one prior to that. You all look great. It's been so long since we used to hang out in Fairfax.

I really hope to meet up again at an upcoming reunion.

Drop me a line

John Gatt

Post subject: Hey John & Kristin
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:08 pm 
Perlurker

No plans in the near future to visit the DC area---I was back there in 2001 for a wedding, and took the kids to visit my dad's grave at Arlington.
But if I AM ever out that way, I'll let you know!
John, glad to hear you're doing well. I might have missed it in previous
posts, but do you have any kids? How is your family doing, especially Mary?

Happy Memorial Day...

Amy Lee (Quigley)

Post subject: Hey Amy
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:46 am 
WienerWalder

My wife, Kristi, and I live in NC on the coast. Mary and her husband Raymond live in Waldorf MD. We have no kids, but I have quite a few nieces and nephews. Mary has three wonderful kids.

I really hope to meet up with all the munich folks at a reunion in the near future.

Post subject: Amy and Maile!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:40 pm 
WienerWalder

Hi Amy and Maile!
I've enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks to (Uncle) John for saying my kids are wonderful (I guess he knows I'm going to read this eventually :D )

Maile--I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My mom died 4 years ago on Thanksgiving and it's still hard. (Amy, my mom's grave is at Arlington too. Still can't seem to bring myself to go there) I guess we think our parents will always be with us. I hope you mom is in better health now. Please tell her I said hello. My dad is still in VA living in a retirement community on a golf course. We joke that he's back in high school because he's writing and performing in plays, he's pres of the wine club (he's becoming a wine snob) and he plays in several golf leagues not to mention he's never home because he is always with his friends.

It's so great you are doing what you love to do...even though you seem to be waiting a lot this week! :) I saw your Pepsi commercial a few years ago when you jumped out of the plane. I think I saw you in another commercial but I can't remember what it was. How is that brother of yours? You need to get him to join. And Mike too. Tell them both I said hello. Sean McDade is on the site and Tiffany checked in once too. I've challenged Tony that the class of '84 would have more members than the class of 82. I need a little help here. :?

I'm in MD with my husband of almost 16 years and 3 kids (Jeffrey-8, Alison-6, and Rachel-4). I just headed back to work part-time as a statistician after being home for 5 years. We're still adjusting!

Amy-I see your kids are about the same age as mine. It's great that you can be home with them. I enjoyed that time and still have regrets about going back to work when my youngest was still little.

Kevin Williams was singing in VA a few months ago so I had my yearbook and albums out from Germany. We had a great time remembering all the trouble we got into to. Check out the thread on the Concert Choir trip to Paris! I'm still amazed I didn't get left in Paris.

It's great to hear from both of you! I'm hoping for a big reunion in a few years so we can all see each other. I will definitely be there! I saw the Conrad family at the beach in NC a few years ago. I have to say we are all aging pretty well. :D

Take care,
Mary Gatt (Davis)

Post subject: Choir trips
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:27 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Mary and John,
The choir trips to Rome and Paris are definitely some of my greatest memories! With chaperones like G. Morrison and Mr. Butler, how could they NOT be fun?! I can't believe I didn't hang on to that stylish dress we used to wear for concerts...
I'm so sorry to hear that your mom passed away. I'm glad to know that your dad is involved w/so many activities that he enjoys! How far do you live from him?
Vegas was alot of fun---I would definitely be up for another trip in the near future. I'd love to see you both!

Take care,
Amy

Post subject: 83'
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 am 
WienerWalder

Anyone know where Helen Whitte is? I know I spelled her last name wrong! Sorry!

Kevin- when are you coming to D.C?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:30 am 
WienerWalder

Where is the class of 83? I'm hoping more people from our class will be able to attend the reunion in D.C. It will be nice to see everyone again.
Kevin, are you planning on going? I've talked to Martina, Sandi and Steve about going.
I'm hoping Kelli will come as well.
Let's get going class of 83!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:01 pm 
Mustang!

Do any of you '83ers remember or are still in contact with Julie Thornton? She was my first girlfriend...I'm curious to see how she's doing. Thanks-Russ Wilson '81

Post subject: I'm back
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:17 am 
F-Winger

Sorry I have not checked this site in a while. I have been so busy with my group and keeping up with all of the myspace thing and our website. I answer all of our fan mail and emails so it takes up most of my day and then I have to still go out and sing:) I have been traveling alot as well.
Sorry I missed you Kristin in DC. Saw Mary and Kevin Marvin as usual.
Let me tell you whos been to Vegas lately. Bobby Swainhart is here every few months and we always hang out and almost get into trouble. ha ha Andrea(Maile) was here. her sister was here. Rob Foore was here 2 days ago. I do not know if any of you remember Annette Tracey or Iris Roy but they both live here and we hang out quite often. I go the the HB here in vegas once a week and they put me at the Stammtisch.(think I mispelled). I guess you could call me a regular. ha ha I try to drag anyone who is visiting out to the HB.
I would love to go to DC for a reunion. When and where?
I travel so much that another trip is just what the doctor ordered.
By the way, I'm going to the Oktoberfest again this year in Munich. This will be three years in a row. Might do it next year as well if anyone wants to join me and my wife:) I have to keep convincing here that she has not seen all of Munich yet:)
I hope to see some of you in Vegas sometime. Kristin, Mary, Amy, John, Maile and whoever else looks at the class of 83

Kevin Williams

Post subject: Reunion Link
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:03 am 
Poobah

Hey Kevin,

Glad you stopped back in. There's a thread on the board dedicated to the next big D.C. Reunion or check this site out:

www.munichamericanhighschool.com

for the latest details.

Catch you later.

Tony

Post subject: Hello Everyone...Amy, Kristen, Andrea
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:55 pm 
Perlurker

Kris, Amy, it was great seeing you this weekend. I really had fun catching up. Maile, wish you had been able to join us. I plan to take up on Amy's suggestion and head out West for a visit soon. I hope we can all catch up again. I'll pass my telephone number on to Amy so we can have a chat...here's my post Munich life in a nutshell:

Went to school in Missouri, NYC and England and went to work in fashion design immed. after. Worked for Lacoste, Izod, Ralph Lauren, The Limited, Bebe, Lilly Pulitzer and am now working for a children's wear firm "Hartstrings".

Am currently living with my bf in PA. No children....three dogs; Mable, Buster and Piggy.

Hoping to retire soon! I'll let you know how that goes.

Cindy lives about 3hr away, just north of NYC. She's married with two girls...the apples of my eyes. I wished we lived closer.

My mom lives in Florida, but spends a good part of the year with me. My father passed away approximately 10yrs ago when I was living in Ohio. We still miss him.

I keep in touch with Kristen as you've already heard, and with Suzanne Nichols. I was the maid of honor at her wedding and designed and constructed her wedding dress. I think it was the last thing I ever sewed....

She's happily married to a charming Italian man, has two boys and recently was blessed with a baby girl, Grace. All are doing well and living the good life.

Please say hello when you have a chance.