Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: class of 83
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:46 am 
WienerWalder

Steve S. and myself are wondering if there is anyone interested in having a class reunion. Let us know what you think! Kristin

Post subject: 82
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:24 pm 
F-Winger

Hi Kristin, Check the "82" class site. There is talk of an '07 reunion in the beginning stages. Thanks, Sherri

Post subject: Where is everyone from the class of 83'
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:09 pm 
WienerWalder

Where is everyone from the class of 83'?????????? Come on people I know that there has to be more than two people who have graduated from this class. Drop us a line to let us know what you have been up to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:48 am 
F-Winger

I'm here.......... I know where a few other 83 people are but they do not normally go to these chat rooms. I could get in touch. Hell, we missed our 20th. We should shoot for our 25th or tie one in with the class of 82 which would be fine with me. Kevin 83

Post subject: Reunion
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:46 pm 
Hi,

My sister, Ilona - class of 83, (who's too busy to log on right now) would be interested (and so would I for that matter) in a MAHS reunion. We're in New Hampshire along with Jerry, Mike and Steven Dillon.

Elaine

Post subject: class of 83
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:46 am 
HI! it's me Andrea flanagan - now (well, for about 20 years) Maile Flanagan (my middle name).

how are things?

i'm in LA. hope to see some of you guys some time ... I did see some people in Vegas a couple years ago.

what's everyone doing?

maile (aka andrea)

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:53 am 
WienerWalder

Hi Andrea! It sure has been a long time since I've seen you! How are you doing? Last I heard about you was that you are doing commercials/tv things. Is that true? How's your brother/ parents?
Kristin Wilson Morris

Post subject: Maile Flanagan!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:37 am 
Poobah

Now there's a blast from days gone by! Glad to see you found your way here and hope all is well. Did you end up going to college in Boston? I seem to remember that was where you thought you were heading.

Take care.

Tony

Post subject: Flanagan update -
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:43 pm 
Hi you guys. i have thought often of you all in the past couple of years.
Jay and I did attend a reunion in Vegas a couple years ago - mostly younger folks, but it was fun.

Hi Kristin - always wondered what you were up to! Who did you marry? What's happening?
And you, too, Tony - i thought you went to college in NH? Where do you live in Boston?

I went to Boston College. Jay went to Holy Cross. Then i moved to Minneapolis and did theater for 8 years; then to LA in jan. of 1996.

Sad news - my father passed away on Halloween of last year. He had a stroke/fall in March and it was a very trying year for my family and especially my mother. I'm still getting over it, of course. My mom is doing ok. She lives on Cape Cod; Jay and wife and 2 kids live in Boston, as does my sister Maria (grad Nurnberg), other sis Carla (Nurnberg) lives in D.C. It was a tough year, my mom got sick shortly after my dad and i went to the Cape about 4 times to help care for them. My mom is now on dialysis and doing well.

I'm here in LA. have lived her for 9 1/2 years!!! (wow!) i have a house w/my partner and dog in the Valley. yes, i'm a valley girl. I'm an actress and producer. I do a cartoon that's good for little kids called Jakers!the ADventures of Piggley Winks on PBS - i play PIggley, a 10 year old Irish boy pig! my true calling! ha!!

and i do movies, commercials, more cartoons, plays, etc. Was in Phone Booth and movie called The Station Agent and some others. Produce stuff - mostly documentary stuff - just did Sports Wives for A&E and something called "All the President's Movies".

And i audition a lot. and drive. a lot. and try to write funny plays!
that's it, in a nutshell.

jay is, as i said, in boston. he has 2 great kids (10 and 9). Wife is a ball of fun - they got together in college, she's part of the family, of course.

I speak w/Amy Quigley often. and i'm in touch w/Kathy conrad. (they move came to my dad's funeral). Kathy, i think, is moving to the Netherlands or something after years in NYC. Got to see her sister Beth and her parents when Kathy was in California - drove through. Beth is an ADULT. and we tortured her when she was little.

I email Angie (Kim) Vaughn now and again. She's good - living in MD, with kids.

My family is very close to Mike Cayer's extended family. Mike has 3 kids - they look JUST LIKE MIKE. john lives in Boston; Roberta has a baby and is pregnant w/twins.

Where is everyone else?????? Let's get this going!!!!!!!!

OK, I'M DONE W/MY LONG AS HELL MESSAGE!!! (figured if i made it long i wouldn't have to do multiple posts!!!))

thanks, Tony, for doing this - it's great.
maile (aka andrea, i feell stupid putting that, but what the hell ... i took my middle name as my stage name about 20 years ago and now everyone calls me that!)

Post subject: Nice!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:31 pm 
Poobah

Hey, AKA...can I call you that? :)

I'm living half way between Boston and Providence, town called Mansfield for the last 11 years. Went to college in New Hampshire, about 70 miles from Boston but my mom and Brother (would have been MAHS class of '87) live on the North Shore.

You've been busy! I've watch Phone Booth every time I flip by it on cable...where should I be looking??

You and Kristin are now in charge of getting all those '83ers and surrounding year grads you mentioned onto the board. And don't forget to officially sign up...lots of perks for members! Ha!!

Check in often, OK?

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:24 am 
WienerWalder

Maile! I was good hearing from you. You have definitely been busy since high school! I'm glad to hear you are dong so well. You had mentioned that you are in touch with Angie! I just found out a couple of weeks ago tha Angie lives about 25 minutes away from me. We live in the same county. What a small world.
All is well with me. I'm married with two boys ages 10 1/2 and 8. I met my husband playing a sports. What a surprise!?! I've been a teacher for the last 16 years. I am teaching first grade. Can you give me more information about the show you are doing with children? One of these days, I'm hoping to start my own counseling practice in the next couple of years. I'm waiting for the boys to get a little older to get started. I kepted in touch with Steve Sanders over the years. He has mentioned that he has seen you a couple of times. Hopefully one day we can all get together and have a reunion. If you are ever in Maryland, stop by. I would love to see you again.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Please tell your brother and mother I said hello.

Post subject: show name etc
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:41 pm 
F-Winger

howdy! are your boys TALL?
the show is called Jakers!The Adventures of Piggley Winks! on PBS... I play Piggley ... Mel Brooks is also in it ...we won some Emmys in the last couple of years and some other awards - it's darn cute. you can look it up on pbskids.org

and i just booked another cartoon - this time just dubbing an anime cartoon called Naruto; i play the lead, Naruto. It's more adult and will be on Cartoon Network's Toonami. it's one of those japanese action comics, so it's got some violence, etc. for tweens and teens (their words, not mine!)

i emailed angie and kathy and amy and jay and told them to sign up here.

heard from jeff nichols a couple of times - he's married with a little kid.
and once from sandi, but then i never heard from her again (and didn't get her number). do you hear from her?

it was so great to see Steve and his brother John in Vegas! do you know how their dad is doing? I really liked them and him...
how are your folks? where are they? do you live near your older siblings?

Post subject: Re: Flanagan update -
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:25 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

maileinla wrote:
and i do movies, commercials, more cartoons, plays, etc. Was in Phone Booth and movie called The Station Agent and some others.

hey Maile (I'm TYPING Maile...I'm still THINKING Andrea...(and picturing the Termites) but I'm one to talk about names!). Station Agent was one of the best films I've seen in the last couple of years. We even showed it a couple months ago at my film organization:

http://www.cinemarts.org/archive.htm

Scroll down to Feb. 22 -- we got great feedback from that one. Good work.

Post subject: Station Agent etc
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:18 pm 
F-Winger

howdy mr. Bill!
that's great you liked Station Agent. my friend Tom McCarthy wrote and directed it - we were in a comedy group in college;then moved w/group to Minneapolis and performed for several years. I read the first script, listened to readings, and then flew to NJ to do it. and went to Sundance where it premiered and it won a bunch of prizes. it's very exciting. too bad my 2 scenes got cut down to a couple of lines, but that's how it goes. tom (director/producer) is currently writing for pixar and acting in movies while he develops his next script. i'll see him in a couple of weeks and tell him of his fans in Frederick!
i wish i could say i was in another cool indie coming out, but i'm not! i've been auditioning for them quite a bit, though... we'll see; i'm keeping my fingers crossed.
as you can tell, i'm not too busy this week bk. i'm posting to this website a bunch! ah, sitting and waiting my FAVORITE part of being an actress... ug.

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:19 pm 
Perlurker

Hi All!
It's Amy Quigley, class of '83. Got an email from Maile F. telling me I HAD to come on board! It's great to hear what you all have been up to since leaving MAHS. There are SO many great memories.....and SO many blurry ones!
I live in Mesa, AZ w/my husband and two kids. I taught 3rd grade for several years before deciding to stay home after my 2nd son was born.
I have a 7 year old (Connor) and a 4 year old (Nicholas).
I'm looking forward to hearing from some old chums!

Take care,
Amy