Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1985 Graduation Video
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:34 pm 
Mustang!

Alright then. I have been carting around this VHS tape since 1985. I will sell it to the highest bidder (just kidding).

I have been planning on converting this graduation tape to MPEG format for the longest time. Alas, I ran out of German beer and tackled the project.

Result: I now am the proud papa of a low quality 4 GB MPEG Video of our graduation in 1985.

The reason I state low quality is because:

a. VHS cameras where just starting to take hold in 1985;
b. Copy of a copy of a copy VHS tape;
c. Sad lighting, video and sound at time of graduation; and
d. Years of VHS tape deterioration.

However, I have to give credit where credit is due. Shawn Williamson’s father took it upon himself to setup an OP (observation post) on the balcony of the graduation hall and proceeded to film the class of 1985!!!!

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of the tape (begging was not below me) , since, my mom and dad managed to show up to the grad with four pictures left on their 35mm film (no spare). Glad that one picture did turn out…grrrrr@! They ask me why I drink.

You ask, why is he rambling? Heck, I got no clue besides the fact that I am trying to figure out how to share this DVD.

I have the 4 GB DVD cut into 53 files of approx 76 MB. I was intending on sharing this via FTP. However, I require help.

In order not to upset my ISP and Pocketbook I require some handy dandy advice on what the best method of sharing this masterpiece may be.

Sadly, I must get back to finishing my Hacker-Pschorr Edelhell. I do tell you that Canada has it’s perks at times…however, winter is not one of them!

Take care and my email addy was posted before. Look up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:41 pm 
Perlurker

Don't know what your financial situation is, but for about $100/year, you can get 10GB of space and 250GB/Month of bandwidth to host whatever you like.

http://www.ipowerweb.com is what I use, but there are quite a few of them out there, I'm sure.

Post subject: GRAD VIDEO
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:53 am 
Mustang!

Kruger,

If you mail me a copy (SNAIL MAIL) I will convert it to a Divx or a WMA and stream it from one of my corporate servers, we run an OC3 line so there is plenty of bandwith to spare.

Post subject: Re: GRAD VIDEO
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:35 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Icepick99 wrote:
Kruger,

If you mail me a copy (SNAIL MAIL) I will convert it to a Divx or a WMA and stream it from one of my corporate servers, we run an OC3 line so there is plenty of bandwith to spare.

Don Guenther,

How are you my old friend? Glad you made it to the board and aren't actually incarcerated. Thought you might have taken up some of our extracurricular activities we were passionate about in elementary school! Remember? :roll:

Moose

Last edited by Moose85 on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: extracurricular activities
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:27 am 
Mustang!

Yeah, like marbles, and getting beat up by your upstairs neighbor, Frankie -whats his name? I playing alot of sports, but dont do too much anymore, my kids keep me busy, and so does work.

Whats up with you?? I take it you are still in the DC area? A bunch of people live up there, including my sister (Annie)

I saw your myspace page, pretty cool.. I wonder where some of the other people that didnt graduate MAHS, but went there, are...ie John Soter, Tony Forbes....etc