Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Good idea!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:21 pm 
Poobah

Hey, good idea Chalkley...now if we could get that bum of a board admin to add a section like that...hey look! There it is...what a coincidence!! Nice move. Reunion chat...tally ho over there...in that place Walt set up...right there...see you there...c'mon, it's not so bad!

Post subject: reunion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:34 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

hey Tony-
Dawn was asking where there was a nice German restaurant.-- And I just realized that the Edelweiss is centrally located to several of the locations people are writing from. Seriously-- it could be fun. It's in Staunton Virginia or close to it anyway.

I am saving my money for this trip/event - I can't wait!!! I really want to see everyone again.

I would also really like to get everyone's telephone and home address info. It would be nice to get a map up and pinpoint where everyone is so we can get an idea of where the majority of us are coming from.

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:38 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Somebody just suggested that we get a list of Oktoberfests, find out who is having the biggest and best in the most easily accessed area and then plan our reunion around that.

Then we aren't the ones responsible for clean-up!
Kids.....

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject: Oktoberfests and the like...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:42 am 
Poobah

Hi Susi,

We'll figure out a way to get the roster stuff going...I know a few of the other boards have something similar. I've also seen an interactive map on another, but I was the only one who'd used it. We'll check with Herr Techie, Mr. Bill.

As for Oktoberfest guides...do you know of any? This is one site I've found, that I've been keeping an eye on:

http://www.aviso.net/dir/usa/german/events/index.htm

It's not bad, but doesn't go out too far. Glad to see you got a break and are back with us!!

Tony

Post subject: Class update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:33 pm 
Poobah

Hey we're up to about 225 board members...and about 43 of those are from the class of '82. Patti Carey's in the house as the latest to register...not a bad showing, but we're still missing more names and faces than we've accounted for so far.

C'mon y'all, we've got some work to do. '07 is closer than you think!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:24 am 
Perlurker

Looks like its been a while since anybody posted for the class of 82. Interesting! Although I left in the 10th grade, I remember just about everybody in this forum. Good deal Tony, keep up the good work.

Jim Zima
Navarre Beach Florida

Post subject: Welcome Jim!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:32 am 
Poobah

Jim,

I remember you well and we're glad you've found our little corner of cyber space. But...this is Mr. Bill's baby, I'm just a roving ambassador, handing out flyers on the street corners and trying to shuttle folks here!

Enjoy the site, post often and check out the reunion details in the 2007 Reunion thread.

Hope all is well and that you'll tell a few others about this place too.

Take care.

Tony

Post subject: 25 Years!!
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 am 
Poobah

Hey Class of '82ers...for those of you who made it to Munich's graduation in '82...in the lovely auditorium...it was 25 years ago this Sunday we walked across the stage and got those diplomas. May 27, 1982. BG Wheeler was our keynote speaker.

So as Sunday rolls around this Memorial Day, hoist a beer and offer a toast to 25 years!! Time flies when you're having fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:06 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hey tony, i'll toast to you guys walking across that stage 25 years ago. i remember playing "pomp and circumstance" in the band that night. "da da da- da- da- daaaa daaaa da da da- da- da- daaaa..." we were da-da'ing that tune for two months before the night you strutted. always liked that part of the year. a good song. cool moment. and you all had a nice evening with good weather. can't ask for more than that.

Post subject: Alison (Kovalchik) Stewart checking in!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
Perlurker

Hi all!
I can't believe with as much time as I spend on the computer that I am just now finding you all! I'm equally disappointed that I missed the DC reunion, especially since I am in Northern VA! Well, maybe the next one.
I just spent the last few hours reading up on everyone and am glad to hear everyone's doing well.
I left Munich in 1984 and spent the next four years in Maryland. I got married in 1988 to my husband who was in the airforce and spent the next few years traveling around. Don't feel too sorry for me... I spent 9 years in Hawaii and three in Monterey CA! Yep, it was rough! lol! I have two great teenagers in high school and in general life is pretty darn sweet! Love to hear from you all!
Alison (Kovalchik) Stewart
Class of 1982

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:34 pm 
Poobah

Alison! Welcome to the board, glad you finally found your way to our little corner of MAHS, cyberspace style. I think I mentioned to your brother a couple of years ago on their 70's board to try and cajole you to come check out our site...glad you're here at any rate. Bummer you missed D.C., it was a hoot, but there's a group already working on Reunion II - 80's Style.

So stay close, check out the pics and posts...and if you have pics and posts of your own, let Mr. Bill know and he'll get them up before the turn of the next century, I'm sure.

The class of '82 is well represented here, but if you're still in touch with folks who've yet to find their way here...send 'em an invite and tell 'em we'll keep the fire burning. Enjoy the board!!

Tony

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:16 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the welcome! I don't think my brother (class of '75) ever
mentioned anything about this site to me...I'll talk to him about that!
I actually left Munich in '77 and then returned for our Senior year. So, I have this bunch that I remember from the early days, and then from our later years.
Alison (Kovalchik) Stewart
Class of 1982

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:37 pm 
WienerWalder

Alison

Good to hear that you are alive. Yeah, you missed a great party in DC. The reunion vols did an excellent job.

I was getting ready to take my reunion pics off my picture site, but I'll leave them on if you want to see a few pics of the reunion. Let me know after you've checkd them out. They lean toward the '82 crew.

Dwayne '82

http://picasaweb.google.com/dhenderson.mahs.1982

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Dwayne

I'm going to grab your pics and post them on the board here permanently if that's ok with you...in fact, i'd like to do that with everyone that has posted a photo album here if that's ok. If you don't want me snatching and posting your pics, please let me know.

I will give accreditation as to whose pics they are.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am 
WienerWalder

Mr. Bill:

You are more than welcome to use the pics. Hope everyone enjoys them.

D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next