Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1982
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:04 pm 
Poobah

To all 1982 grads...Welcome! We had just about 100 grads...how many can we find?

Does anybody know where Mark Judd landed? David Lee? Mark Hooper?

Post subject: Hooper
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:32 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Last I heard Mark H was in the military and in Texas that was maybe 5 years ago.
Karsten Goff was a city planner in Virginia but I haven't seen him in 13 years

Well, and I'm here! I'm not doing anything important right now. Just going to school.

Hey-- I wonder if we could get the yearbook list and start checking off the class of 82?

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject: 14 and counting!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:12 pm 
Poobah

Susi! Welcome aboard. By my unscientific count, we have 14 class of '82 grads signed up...with 13 of them having walked down the aisle with us in that wunnerful auditorium. I know of at least one deceased, and Dave H. alluded to more, but that may not have been from our class, per se.

Based on your intro post I can see you've been...busy...with life! :D

I left a message with your old HS buddy to join us...but so far, we've only got 75% representation from The Four. Talk to you soon!

Tony

Post subject: memorium?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:34 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Ton---
maybe we could post a list in memorium for those of us who have lived an amazingly short life. We are all still so, so young. You talk to Butch about that, OK? OK.

Post subject: Sounds Doable
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:23 pm 
Poobah

Susi,

I think we could probably figure that out. Let me check with the brains behind the board and we'll get something going.

Post subject: OK...What Next??
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:10 pm 
Poobah

Susi, how's the "In Memoriam" area grab you? OK? OK.

What else would y'all like to see up and around the board? This is your place too. Walter's fairly accomodating within the technical limits of the hosting service.

Where's everyone else? We've got about 20% of the class represented. Everyone knows at least one other grad, right? Spread the word...John Gatt, where are you? Melinda Phillips? Matt Jochem? Dawn Phinney (I seem to remember her)?, Derek Hyatt? Wolfgang Reichmeyer? Bonnie Schultz? Tara Bone? Barbie Bader? Anatol Zuber? Randy Williams? Somebody knows where these guys and gals are...right?

Before you know it, the 25th anniversary of our monumental HS graduation will be here. In fact, May 27th was the date back in '82. That's gonna be over Memorial Day Weekend in '07. We've got to start working on that Isar party, part two, sooner than you think!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:40 pm 
Dayton Deserter

Yehaaaw! A reunion post! Although if we actually had the reunion at the Isar it might be difficult to get lots of folks there...

I think I saw Tara Bone on the MAHS yahoo group, I'll see if I have her email address. Has a message about this forum been posted there yet?

Patty

Post subject: 25 years ago...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:54 pm 
Poobah

Patty,

Yeah...what with the dollar's value vs. the Euro, I know the Isar is probably not a realistic locale. But...anyplace that has a river, allows bonfires and kegs would probably do, right?! What's the Ohio like in May? Although the banks are pretty unfriendly between KY and OH, ha! :lol:

Definitely a few things to think ahead about...and we have time on our side at the moment, but '07 will be here fast. And we'd have to get better attendance than we did at that Fasching dance Sr. year to make it worth while!!

Tell all those Yahoos :lol: to come on over...everyone's welcome here!!

Post subject: in memoreum
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:45 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Ton--

That was a great idea you had for posting a memeorial section, glad you thought of that.

It is sad to see that there are quite a few posts there. But I'm glad we get a chance to remember them because they won't be able to leave us a post on the board. I hope they at least had a great journey until the end. I know that my short pit stop at MAHS was the greatest. I had the time of my life and probably couldn't have laughed any harder. I'm so happy we're able to jump right in and chat with each other like it was yesterday. It brings back some of the best of times--we should never have let them go, it's good that we're bringing them back.

So-- what's step one for the reunion-- I'm in!!!

Post subject: Baby Steps
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:16 pm 
Poobah

Susi,

You pushed the memorium idea and it was a good one. It's a bit sobering, I know, but you're right, it gives those folks a bit of a voice, you know?

As for reunion stuff, I'm no expert, by any stretch of the imagination. So anyone who's got some ideas...let's hear them...nothing is off the wall. As for steps, maybe the next few shape up like this:

1. Find Classmates (this board helps, others, email, phone calls)
2. Find out if there's any energy for a reunion (would people come? how far would they go? how much would they be willing to spend?, etc. )
3. We could always 'outsource' the planning to orgs that live this stuff
4. Come up with a plan/package/logistics.
5. Get the word out and get commitments from folks.

Given the nature of our situation, it might make sense to combine with graduating years in and around our class...to get critical mass...I don't know...maybe not.

I'll give this thread a few more weeks, then we'll start getting serious. We'll set up a group chat time for all interested and see what's what. How's that sound for starters? Any thoughts? Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:51 pm 
Dayton Deserter

Sounds like a true class officer taking charge! ROFL!

Seriously, Tony, sounds like a plan. My vote for inclusion (if you want to include other classes) would be something like '80-'86...small enough group so we'd likely know lots of people but large enough to potentially draw a crowd.

I wouldn't go anywhere near a riverbank of any kind right now, especially around here! But, that said, do you all think a central US location would be best or should we shoot for a popular one, say Florida or DC? If you decide midwest, I can definitely pitch in and help (aw who am I kidding, I would be pitching in anyhow!).

Forgot about that Fasching Dance...think I have photos of that maybe. I had a flashback to making posters for a pancake breakfast, maybe junior year? And what about those grams? Sheesh, we must have made money doing that since we did them for about every holiday we could think of!

Patty

Post subject: Patty's Drafted
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:03 pm 
Poobah

OK, you're in! Now we're a gang of two...plus Susi who's lurking around the outskirts.

I have two thoughts with regard to locale....either a place where there's already an unusually high concentration of grads...or close to a major destination airport. I've seen get togethers organized in FL, TX, DC, etc. all fairly accessible by the airlines. Weather considerations...things to do when not hanging with the class or for family not interested in all the S-Bahn talk...all things to consider.

More to come...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:40 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

pattydawson wrote:
And what about those grams? Sheesh, we must have made money doing that since we did them for about every holiday we could think of!

...and I remember YOU, Patty, being particulary fond of those TWO PART GRAMS where you had to glue one part onto another! Essentially more than doubling your work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:49 am 
Dayton Deserter

Heeeey now, that was only ONE time! And I seem to recall that we sold more of that one than any other one! Although I do remember taking tons of grief for that, particularly from Chris Vukich for some reason.

ahhh, meeeemmmmmorrriiieeesssss....

Patty

Post subject: grams
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:51 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

glued grams? I found some of mine-- Mine were taped!

Ton-- I'm not lurking-- I'm in--I say let's do it. Should I start saving, what--- $10 a week for this--give me an idea. That's $1040.00 or so. I'm the single parent, remember, I have no money.

I'm putting my vote in for DC or New Orleans---;) -- (I just need a good excuse to go to New Orleans). I guess we need a poll on where we want to have the reunion. Don't go for a resort town-- if we are doing this in the summer the rates will kill us. There are some pretty cool places in West Virginia -- ski resorts that need people to come and visit in the summer. I'm sure there are a lot of other cool places that are easier to get to as well.