Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Updates
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:50 am 
F-Winger

Dawn? Tall, long dark hair, went out with Dimitri? I could sit here all day making futile attempts to put faces to names. Yes, it's me. That was a peculiar little foursome.

I have Teri's email address at work. I sent this site's link to her right after Kirsten notified me. I'm surprised she hasn't chimed in. She's great to talk to, hasn't changed much.

Last contact I had with Dimitri had him in Palo Alto and he was working at the Hansen Physics Lab at Stanford University. You can find him listed in the university's faculty directory.

I felt uncomfortable about posting too any details about anyone. But to close the loop on Andy. Yes, he graduated from West Point. Yes, he's a doctor of opthomolgy. Married, three, maybe four kids. Moved from NY to TX. Was set to move back to NY and leave the service. I'm not sure about his rotation overseas, by the time he left TX he should have had approximately 14 months to go. Then again, many of you know how the military mind works.....

Tony, thanks for the welcome. You wouldn't recognize Allen. US75 is filling in from Plano to McKinney, suffering from urban sprawl. I Lived in McKinney from '92 to '01. Moved to Plano to avoid the congestion, can you believe that?

It's great to be here. I need to confess that for periods of time I drop off the map, so posting replies might take a while. I'm behind one type of computer or another all week and sitting behind one at home just doesn't climb to the top of the list. Too busy with the kids and everything else.

adios,
Mike

Post subject: You are right
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:49 am 
Mustang!

Your are so right, my mistake, Andy is an eye dr. It was late when I posted and had had a couple of beers :wink: , I should have waited until today to post. Thanks for the correction. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:53 am 
Mustang!

Dawn :lol:

I remember the exchange of e-mails so vividly with Andy, that 's why I posted about it.
My husband and I nearly took an assignment at the West Point Commissary , and I guess that 's why it stuck out in my memory.

Dmitri being a Professor (?) , also blew me away.

I corresponded with him at one point as well over the past 5 years .

I remember these guys from Mr Akimoto's art , and Mr . Sander's English classes with me - like it was yesterday !

Post subject: Very funny...
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:57 am 
Mustang!

Dawn? Tall, long dark hair, went out with Dimitri? I could sit here all day making futile attempts to put faces to names. Yes, it's me. That was a peculiar little foursome.

Yes, that would be me. Your foursome discription made me laugh. It didn't seem so, um, "peculiar" at the time. lol

Have a wonderful weekend.

Post subject: it's all relative
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:25 pm 
F-Winger

At the time, nothing seemed peculiar to me either...
did you rcv off-line email?

the weekend has been great, thanks,

ps Happy Mother's Day

Post subject: Yea, I remember you!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:04 am 
Perlurker

Hello Kirstin, yes I remember you!

Great to hear from you. I had forgotten about the locker room water fights at first but then I started thinkin' about it and my rusty
brain began to remember. Wow some crazy times eh? I think I have some pictures of you from field day or something over near the church. I'll see if I can find them and post them.

Gwen

Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:32 am 
Perlurker

Here it is 2 am again. Was working late trying to make a T-shirt design for the dance company here.

Anyway, Well hello stranger Mr. Mike E Moore. Thought you had actually fallen off the face of the earth after you left K-town. I am very pleased to see that you haven't.

"Seems so long ago, but yet it doesn't"
I completely agree. Kinda funny that a heard a Rush song on the radio the other day that reminded me of you. Can you guess which one?

Yep, have teenagers. And luckily I haven't pulled out all my hair....yet.

Dawn I do remember Dimitri. I stayed in Munich until 82 so there are quite a few memories there.

April I'll have to say I'm not surprised that Dimitri is a Professor. He always loved
giving Mrs. Hanson a hard time when he knew more than she did in class. I'm just glad he got over that mercenary stage though. :D

Hearing all these names are great, what a flood of memories come to mind. It makes
me wish that we had all kept in touch better. The little town that we live in here is near where my husband graduated HS and he runs into people he went to school with all the time. I'm glad we have this fsite to go to for that now. Thanks Tony

Well gotta crash for now, until next time,

Spater, Gwen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:06 pm 
Hi, Gwen

Didn't completely disappear, although I suspect there are a few folks that prefer I did from time to time. Been and intersting time since then. But, I think it's safe to say tht we've all had our share of suprises and opportunities come our way. By and large, I've been extremely lucky.

Rush? Who dat? Uh lemme see, if I had to pick a song based on Munich, it would need to be "Passage to Bangcock". I could think of some others that might be more apropos. I still listen to them. Hmmm, Rush didn't write anything about getting busted on the SBahn did they? That still smarts...
If there's one song that reminds me of Munich it would be Zeppelin's "Misty Mountain Hop".

For everyones else...dimitri doesn't instruct at Stanford. He works in one of their university labs, I believe it's the Hansen Physics Lab. You can find it on the univ's web site. Still, no small feat. If you get the chance, it's interesting to talk to him. not about work, but about everything else.

gotta run, night all

Post subject: Looking for...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 am 
Mustang!

Hi all, I'd like your help finding some old friends. Looking for Lisa Hattrup, Ralph Lanier, Nancy Maloney, Joan Metzler, Martha Pohl, Heidi Stager, Debbie & Julie Thornton, Sabina Walter, Lorra Moyer, Michelle Mustico, Ronan Brown. Thanks-Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:02 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Russ

I saw Heidi Stager about six years ago and we exchanged xmas cards for a while but my last few have been returned. She seemed much as she ever was and looked great. She's a flight attendant for Lufthansa last I spoke to her. I still look for her on occasion so if I find her I'll let you know.

Post subject: Heidi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:33 pm 
Mustang!

Thanks Bill...Heidi was a good friend of mine over there. I'd love the chance to catch up with her.-Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:26 pm 
Mustang!

Russ, I don't remember you at all because I think you returned to Duncanville just as I left for Munich, but I also hung out a lot with Heidi and friends. Oddly, I'm now in Mansfield. Small world...

Post subject: Ships passing in the night
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:21 pm 
Mustang!

We must have just missed each other. We returned to DVille the summer of 79. What Junior High and Elementary did you attend? I was at Central and Reed. I really loved MAHS. If I had my choice, i would have liked to have finished high school there...DVille was so big and impersonal and full of cliques. Ironically, Mansfield HS reminds me a lot of DHS in the 70's and 80's. My two sons really like it but there are so many kids they don't no a fraction of their classmates. Where do you live in Mansfield? I'm on Amanda Dr. My house overlooks the No. 10 green of the Oak course at Walnut Creek. I'm a stones throw from Willie Brown Elem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:40 pm 
Mustang!

I used to live just behind the Walnut Creek Baptist Church, but we moved when the changed the HS to TimberView. Now I live behind the Target and the pickle factory near the trailer park. Ok, sounds worse than it is.

DHS was already growing out of control when I left in 79. Now, I wouldn't set foot in that school during session - too dangerous. Duncanville has really gone downhill, too. Still, there are some renovations here and there, but again, I won't into Southwest Center Mall (which will always be Red Bird to me).

Mansfield does remind me of Duncanville in the 80's, and that's good. Problem is, it won't last more than a few more years that way. Nothing ever does.

Post subject: Mansfield
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:23 am 
Mustang!

My parnets live behind Walnut Ridge (on Adams Ct). We lived on Merion Dr just off Fairhaven prior to building our new house. We selected a lot based mainly on the HS (Timberview is a little scary!). Ironically, the son of the owner of the pickle factory lives on my street...he's a little odd. Too much "dill" vapors I suppose!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next