Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Class of "81"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:55 pm 
Perlurker

Am I the only one from 81 on this site so far. I guess I need to make some phone calls.

Gwen

Post subject: Class of '81
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:39 pm 
Poobah

Gwen,

By my count, I see at least four of y'all on the board...but you've been the most active, by far! The class of '84 (Mary Gatt) has challenged '82 with regard to number of members and board activity! We'd welcome '81 to the challenge!

I've found that if you go out and let folks know about the board, they'll make their own decision as to whether to jump in or not. Sometimes, gentle prodding is all that's needed...that first post can be intimidating, but once you get going, it's not so bad! Mary's had real good luck leading her old classmates here.

Good luck with your hunting and gathering process! I know you'll do well!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:45 pm 
Perlurker

Hey Gwen!

What's up? I was telling Mark Dominick about this site yesterday and we were talking about various times we've seen people come through DC over the years, and we touched upon that time you came here when Ron was in town and Bo was in town and some others. It doesn't seem that long ago, but then we were like "was it 3, 4, 5, 10 years ago?!" I'm sure you and Susie could remember the year, but we came to the realization that we've lost all track of time!

To help your 81 roll call I'll give Bo a holler and tell him about the site. I've got a picture of him from a visit to Atlanta this past summer I'll send in to be posted. I could also call Jimmy Carey but I don't know if he's on-line or not.

Hope all's well with you in FLA. I've been going back to Florida at least once a year to visit my old college friends and I've got to say I do miss living there. Don't know why I was in a rush to leave so soon after college!

Dan

Post subject: Hello from the past
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:07 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Gwen,

It's Dee Kelley (old cheerleading colleague). How are you? Sounds like you've had a wonderful life these past 20+ years. I have 3 kids myself (9, 7 and 4), 2 labs, a cat and my hubby of 15 years. Kevin Smith (MAHS 79) and I hooked up and got married in 1990 and we now live in Washington State.

Write when you get a chance and let me know how you've been. I still stay intouch with John Scott, Mel Campbell, Cindi Davidson, Beth Fish, and Patti Carey, but we've lost touch over the last year or so. I used to be intouch with Chris Eways in Florida, but I lost track of her too.

Anyhow, hope you're doing well!

Dee

Post subject: Hi Dan!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:53 am 
Perlurker

How are all you guys doing up there in Va. Do me a favor and tell Susie to sign on
I haven't kept in touch with her in a long time. Sure do miss all you guys up there.

I think about you all often.

I was up there for the "Overseas Brats reunion" in June or July of 1996. I can't believe that it has been almost 9 years already. Somehow I remember us all saying
lets not let so much time pass before we do it again and sure enough, it has gotten away from us again. I need to find the pictures I have from then and post them.

Just a little note Bo graduated in 80. But I think it would be great for Bo and the "80's" group to ring in too. More is better, alot of different memories as the years went by. And Jimmy was 81.

Say Hello to everyone for me. Hope to hear from them here too.

Gotta Crash it's late! Not like it used to be when we'd all stay up all night long.

Later, Gwen

Post subject: Hi Deanna!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:16 am 
Perlurker

Hope you got my short or maybe long ,however you see it, version of "this has been my life" Looks like you have your hands full with 3 children too.

What kind of labs do you have? We have a long hair black lab mix. She is a great dog.
My youngest was saying today that we need to get another dog so that "Jenny" ( the dog) can have a friend. How do you like having 2 labs?

I was in touch with Kim Neilson for a while but it has been about 3 years since I've heard from her. And Grandl hasn't sent me any post cards from aroung the world in quite some time either. Sherri Wright and I seem to catch up with each other ever 2 to 3 years. Susie Spaulding ( Dominick) and I do about the same thing.

But I've been really bad with keeping in touch. As I'm sure you know, life tends to take over and I find myself thinking about everyone during those seldom found quite times and wondering how they are and what they are doing. Then I say I should call, or write and then life shows up again. It kinda seems like a dream sequence that you'd see in a movie or something.

Okay, I'm started to sound really stupid now, so I'm going to bed. I think I was going
to quit an hour ago and here it is 2:16

Goodnight all, Gwen
I'm back to were I started

Post subject: Everyone's welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:47 am 
Poobah

Gwen,

All those folks you mentioned above are welcome to the board! We're trying to cover off on grads from '77 to '85...it was a group that didn't really have any type of dialogue happening online.

When I blasted the first 'come on over to the board' email out to lots of names in December, I heard from Ron Grandl. Bo Dawson and Michael Hunt were spending Christmas with him in Garmisch. Haven't really heard from him since, but if you want his email, let me know and I'll forward on.

Tony

Post subject: class of '81
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:21 am 
Hey,
I've visited the classmates.com website and just recently heard of this one. I'm Kathy Brown (Libby now) and live in Maine. I was at MAHS '78-'80 and graduated stateside. My sister, Patti graduated '79. I keep in touch with a few people, Nancy Singleton, Erica Swenson, Karen Hausner. Patti still keeps in touch with Dan Walters and a few others. I'd love to know if anyone knows anything about Karen Morgan (left in '79). I'd love to hear about any reunions. Quickly: Been married 20 years (almost 21!): 2 kids , Ronnie , 19 (freshman at UMO)and Elizabeth 17 (junior in HS); I own a hair salon and have been a sylist for 22 years.
Have GREAT memories at MAHS and would love to catch up!
e-mail @ kjlibby@maine.rr.com
Kathy Bronw '81

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:00 pm 
Mustang!

April Youngman class of 81 signing in ! :D
The internet has come a long way since I first looked up people back in '96 / '97 !

Last edited by April81 on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Hey Kathy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:19 pm 
F-Winger

I remember you:)
Bert

Post subject: Another newbie to this site!
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:56 am 
Perlurker

Hey Class of 1981!

Wow -- just found this site. Looks like there is a different group of you out there than the other sites. Gwen -- do you remember me?? I think we bummed around in Gym class for a few years -- dumping water on people in the locker room while dressing out! Seems like yesterday --

I went to a reunion about 4 years ago at Blob's in DC -- met up with a whole crew of 81'ers: Amy Hopkins, Mary Drake, Teri Tosti, Jeri Brown. It was a mixed class reunion -- Chris Zoubra was the only other one that wasn't from our class that I knew. It was a great reunion!

Over the years, I've also been in touch with others from our class: Mike Moore in Dallas, who's been in touch with Dimitri Avaloff; Chris Eways, Debbie Shorke, Judy Lawurance, Stephany Tryzinski and Dawn Miller (she's already on the site). And I don't know how far back you remember, but I've also been in touch with: Mark Griswold, Geoff Zinnegar, Judy Zima, and maybe a few others (cobwebs are getting pretty thick).

So, a quick run-down on my life now: Married for 18+ years, 2 girls (ages: 15, 9), working full time as a Computer Programmer as a contractor to the US Navy in Norfolk, VA. Life here is great!

I hear rumblings about a possible reunion at Blob's again -- was a fantastic time last time....

Kirsten

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:22 am 
Mustang!

Hi Kristen,

I'm glad you found this site. It has a ton of great information and terrific updated pictures of Munich.

It's good to know that you are doing well. I just re-established a connection with Judy Laurance a few months ago. Her mom is very sick and she's going back and forth from her home to her mom in Ore.

If you want to get in touch with me anytime I'm at: Dawnners@sbcglobal.net

I still live in the same town that I moved to back in 1978 when we left Munich. I retired from banking in Dec. 2002, after my son was born.
My son is 2 1/2 years old and I stay pretty busy, as you might imagine. We just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary and returned from a "just" ok, trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Again it's great to know you are doing good...keep posting. By the way. how is Teri Tosti, are you still in touch with her? She was the sweetest person and we always pulled for her in basketball...the team even dedicated a game to her once.

Take care,
Dawn

Post subject: all the way from texas
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:16 pm 
F-Winger

Well, 26 years later....no my math isn't that bad (who'd dare to fall asleep in Mr Young's class?), it's just that I left Munich for K-Town in 79 and then graduated stateside. Munich was, by far the best.
As Kirsten mentioned, I'm in the Dallas area, been here since '84. The locals still don't consider me a Texan, some ridiculous rule about needing to have been born here.
Every few weeks I catch up with Teri Tosti and less frequently with Amy (Hopkins) Silver. I haven't heard from Dimitri Avaloff in almost two years. Sorry, Kirsten, he's dropped off the map again. Chris Zoubra (sorry, forgot married name) lives in San Antonio. For a bit I knew where to find Andy Wolter. He moved from El Paso to New York State, not sure where, in 2003. He confessed to not being the best when it came to staying in touch. And after his move he's since been true to his word. I must admit, the same can be said of me.

Kirsten, when are you coming back to Dallas? I'm not limping around anymore and the girls have grown so much. Glad to hear Mike is back safe and sound. Let me know...and thanks for this link. Terrific site.

Gwen, hi. Seems so long ago, but yet it doesn't. A teenager in the house? I'd have to see that. I married late and had kids even later. Two girls, 9 and 5.

Speaking of which, they're watching Harry Potter and it's getting to a scary part, gotta run.

peace, love and bell bottoms,
Mike

Post subject: Know where but not how
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:50 pm 
Mustang!

Is this the Mike Moore that went with Susan Stauffer for awhile? If it is, Hiya!!!! Susan and I were best friends for along time.

Dimitri lives in Palo Alto, California...I haven't been in touch with him but I hear he's done well and is happy.

Andy is in the Military and just last year (I think) went back overseas. He's a dentist.

I'd like to get in touch with Teri Tosti, if you know her current e-mail have her post here, it would be wonderful to hear from her.

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for posting and stay in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:30 pm 
Mustang!

Back around '99 or 2000 I remember e-mailing Andy , he was in New York at West Point if my memory serves me correctly.I thought he was an eye doctor.