Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Getting it underway
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:23 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

There's been talk of this in some form or another for about three years here on the board. The MAHS fund thread, at the reunion, and then, most recently, on Robin Munari's in memorium thread since she went as far as to incorporate a MAHS Alumni Association a few years ago. (see: http://munichamericanhs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=936 and note not only my previous remarks, but Jon Hicks' excellent contribution as well)

There's even a website already:
www.MAHSAlumni.com

The thoughts that have been brought up is essentially a centralized organization that keeps better track of people and aids in reunion planning with, not only information on where folk are, but even financially if possible through the giving of "grants" to help promote the event. Perhaps even a fund to help online networking, organizational sites, reunion webpages, and the like.

That said, to say the organization is in the early stages would be to engage in reckless understatement. The above paragraphs are essentially all there is. Critical to moving any further is the raising of funds...right now the only thing we're going to do, rather than ask for donations or memberships or anything is urge anyone who would like to
help to apply for the MAHS Alumni affinity card. You can see it for yourself on the card thread in this forum.

Applying for and activating the card will result in a donation to the MAHSAA which can then be used for organizational purposes. It's a pretty painless and easy way to support the formation of this organization as well as it's communication tools, which, right now, is simply the website and this board.

To further the formation of the organization, I'm guessing that class representatives, or at least era representatives, would be needed. I think the main mission of the organization should be the bringing together of all the disparate MAHS sites out there. Not to combine them into one, but to make sure that they are all aware of each other...have a clearing house that lists the different groups so that people can find each other more easily.

The thing is, I'm not very good at this kind of organization and the requisite record keeping involved. If there is anyone out there for whom this type of activity is their forte, please let me know. There are a lot of things that need to be hammered out...mission, charter, legal status, etc. Is there anyone out there who might be interested in something like this?

Post here and let folks know.

ALSO, head over to the MAHS Affinity Card thread and get your cool MAHS credit card! Let's see if we can't make life a little easier for future reunion organizers! And if you have any other ideas for fundraisers, let us know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:02 am 
WienerWalder

Hi Everyone,

Call me crazy ... I've volunteered to take the lead on this and get the MAHSAlumni website and group up and running. While I have some ideas on what it could look like, I'll take any suggestions that you have -- after all, this isn't my association, it belongs to all of us.

As a start, I'd like to contact other forums to get contact names for the other groups that are out there. If anyone has a link or email, please send it to me at Susan82@MAHSAlumni.com or even post it here. I'll check this forum to see if any have been mentioned in the past.

If you'd like to help out with the web site and the group, please let me know. I'll especially need help with the accounting of any money that we eventually raise and with any legal issues about incorporation (if we go that far).

Thanks!

Susan '82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:27 pm 
F-Winger

There's a website in need of content. I'm not sure how that website would be different from this one. Perhaps the two should be merged?

If nothing else, the MAHSAlum site should have a "forum" section that links to this site. And a "links" section that links to sponsors and other MAHS related sites.

My humberl $.02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:32 am 
Perlurker

It seems the MAHS stuff doesn't really grow much, any of it, from what I've seen in lurking MAHS stuff for years.

Why not just have it set to redirect over to here for the time being so there's not a generic shell sitting out there with nothing on it. Someone finding that might get discouraged and stop looking when there IS a LITTLE info out here. Anything is better than a template that sits there for months on end with no changes.

EricB

www.EricBowden.com
www.SUTHNR.com
www.EdgyPhoto.com

Post subject: Re: Getting it underway
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 pm 
Perlurker

Bravo
Paul 66