Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: You know what really sucks?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:52 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

What really sucks is the guy or gal that finally checks that E-mail they had neglected for the longest time and realizes that the reunion was the past weekend! It isn't like they can say they'll hit the next one. It isn't like we have a hometown to go to and run into folks. Who knows? Maybe there will be a forty year reunion?! We can have our grandkids drive us to the reunion and we can sip apple juice from the non-spillable cups babies use. Hahahahahahaaaa! :lol: Maybe two apple juices if you are feeling feisty! Hello, Juanita! :twisted:

Yeah, yeah, I am going to attend. I just need to figure out how to ante up. I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine. I have a firewall but it doesn't keep the bastards out. What I think I'll do is get a low limit credit card to use for online purchases like this one and not worry about receiving a bill that shows my card maxed out by some Estonian transvestite who bought an X-box and a sex change! :roll:

Post subject: By the way...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:00 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

I am starting to look up old buddies and calling them about the reunion. I just contacted my old buddy Tom Houdashelt's younger brother to find out if his two older brothers will be attending. Their E-mail is inoperative so a phone call is just as good. Randy and Tom were in the class of '85. Tom and I hung out the most. Perhaps it is time to call your fellow alumni and see if they are attending too? Maybe some just don't know. Don't let them have the "Oh crap" moment when they realize they missed something they might have enjoyed attending. :idea:

Post subject: Re: You know what really sucks?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:14 am 
Dayton Deserter

Moose85 wrote:
What really sucks is the guy or gal that finally checks that E-mail they had neglected for the longest time and realizes that the reunion was the past weekend! It isn't like they can say they'll hit the next one. It isn't like we have a hometown to go to and run into folks.
Yeah, yeah, I am going to attend. I just need to figure out how to ante up. I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine. ! :roll:

Moose, excellent points. I would encourage anybody who wants to see someone in particular in DC to pick up the phone and call them and ask them to be there! It's much harder to ignore a phone call than an email, ROFL.

As for the CC issue, I bet if you call Mr. Bill, he can help you figure something out security-wise. Get your name in red!

Patty

p.s. putting together a slideshow - got a current photo you'd like to share???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:51 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Moose85 wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I am going to attend. I just need to figure out how to ante up. I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine.

Moose -- on the registration page of the website (www.MunichAmericanHighSchool.com is a pdf form that you can print out and send a check if you're worried about keyloggers. Also, most credit cards now have an option of one-time-use credit card numbers...essentially virtual card numbers that are good for one specific transaction. you get them on their websites.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:37 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

MrBill82 wrote:
Moose85 wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I am going to attend. I just need to figure out how to ante up. I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine.

Moose -- on the registration page of the website (www.MunichAmericanHighSchool.com is a pdf form that you can print out and send a check if you're worried about keyloggers. Also, most credit cards now have an option of one-time-use credit card numbers...essentially virtual card numbers that are good for one specific transaction. you get them on their websites.

Thanks, I'll have to look into those cards!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:09 pm 
Blue Mud

Moose85 wrote:
I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine. I have a firewall but it doesn't keep the bastards out. What I think I'll do is get a low limit credit card to use for online purchases like this one and not worry about receiving a bill that shows my card maxed out by some Estonian transvestite who bought an X-box and a sex change! :roll:

Only slightly paranoid, are we?

Fighting the Global War on Terror until 5 p.m. everyday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:58 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

ralphdsmith wrote:
Moose85 wrote:
I dread giving out my credit card info for fear of keyloggers on my machine. I have a firewall but it doesn't keep the bastards out. What I think I'll do is get a low limit credit card to use for online purchases like this one and not worry about receiving a bill that shows my card maxed out by some Estonian transvestite who bought an X-box and a sex change! :roll:

Only slightly paranoid, are we?

Hell yes Ralph! One of those keyloggers infected my machine at work and my very qualified IT guy couldn't get rid of it. Had to re-image the machine!