Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:30 am 
Blue Mud

jojo wrote:
jon:
all these years i've been walking around saying "complex-compound sentences" instead of "compound-complex senteneces". no wonder people looked at me funny.

Nooo! I don´t believe that, they looked at you funny because you walk around saying" compound-complex sentences ":lol:

Hehe ,I am so funny! At least I am enjoying myself, it is Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:19 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

you're funny to me to. and since jon didn't answer at least i got back from you the piece i'd set myself up for.
ok, i'm going to run with shedding atoms theory. i hope i start picking up a few more. might be fun to tap into some other live a little more consciously.
happy friday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:35 am 
Blue Mud

Jojo, I think it might be like Russian, you can say it either way, it depends on which you want to emphasize. And that's probably why I got the weird looks from people. Or was it because I was talking to myself?

OK, since I'm being made fun of because of my 32-cent words (my wife's term), and my general predilection toward correcting things (see Jojo, I told you haven't changed that much), I have to point out something. You can absorb particles and be on the same wavelength at the same time since photons, electrons, etc., exist as both particles and waves at the same time.

Why do I feel like I'm back in high school? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:00 am 
Blue Mud

jhicks85 wrote:
Jojo, I think it might be like Russian, you can say it either way, it depends on which you want to emphasize. And that's probably why I got the weird looks from people. Or was it because I was talking to myself?

OK, since I'm being made fun of because of my 32-cent words (my wife's term), and my general predilection toward correcting things (see Jojo, I told you haven't changed that much), I have to point out something. You can absorb particles and be on the same wavelength at the same time since photons, electrons, etc., exist as both particles and waves at the same time.

Great we can absorb and float at the same time!
Jon, never would we laugh at you, but with you! You taught me a great new phrase(indirectly), so when you do go around talking to yourself anyway, try saying " Serendipity doo dah!" It is kind of like "Cay cera cera,what ever will be will be blah blah..."
Keep on correcting,the world needs people to do that. I like it.

Why is it this conversation reminds you of High School? Unless you tried to smoke pot then I don´t know. But I remember some pretty heavy conversations among those who did, not me ofcourse :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:51 am 

jhicks85 wrote:

Really? They exist as particles and waves at the same time? i'm having a difficult time picturing that. of course i struggle with dark matter and now light matter and the entire conceptualization of an ever expanding universe into....??? we don't know what or how. so i suppose me not being able to picture something existing as both a particle and a wave at once is not a stretch for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:17 am 
Blue Mud

jojo wrote:
jhicks85 wrote:

Really? They exist as particles and waves at the same time? i'm having a difficult time picturing that. of course i struggle with dark matter and now light matter and the entire conceptualization of an ever expanding universe into....??? we don't know what or how. so i suppose me not being able to picture something existing as both a particle and a wave at once is not a stretch for me.

Well, now, I'm no physicist (bwahahahahaha!!!) but I thought that subatomics particles existed as particles but could behave as waves. Help!

Fighting the Global War on Terror until 5 p.m. everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:51 am 
Blue Mud

So, is anyone actually, absorbing atoms and floating on waves lengths, and dare they tell about it? Anyone other then Shirley Maclaine that is.
Jojo have you read her book?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:39 pm 

i have not read her book, but i like the way she comes across in interviews etc. i like women who don't apologize for who they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:49 pm 
Blue Mud

Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Jon, never would we laugh at you, but with you!

Ok, I'll accept that, sometimes it is difficult to tell with the written word vs. in person.

Why is it this conversation reminds you of High School? Unless you tried to smoke pot then I don´t know. But I remember some pretty heavy conversations among those who did, not me ofcourse

No, like Ralph, I never tried the stuff; got a little second hand at a couple of concerts, though.

The reason it feels like HS again is because I had a reputation as a smarta$$. That was probably my nickname when I wasn't around, along with know-it-all, geek, etc. It goes along with my tendency to want to be right and to correct those who I think are wrong. Jojo could verify this if she wants to. So, you combine that with the misunderstanding of your earlier post perhaps you can see why I would think that. Maybe not.

ralphdsmith84 wrote:
Well, now, I'm no physicist (bwahahahahaha!!!) but I thought that subatomics particles existed as particles but could behave as waves.

Now, to show that I have grown some, Ralph you are correct, I misremembered. I'm no physicist, either, but I used to like it until college, where the only reason I passed is because the tests were multiple-guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 am 
Blue Mud

Jon,
It is hard to sometimes hear the sarcasm, and humor here in cyberspace. Especially since we have never met, there can be misunderstandings. But like I said, think of all the fun that came out of you correcting me, not to mention that I now can proudly use Murphy´s law correctly. I mean it, don´t stop. Some of us like a bit of opposition!
I also have shown some of my inner selv here, and let everyone know that I have a thing for geekiness. You may have missed that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:18 am 

i bet he didn't miss that, carolyn.

jon: am i capable of backing you up on your geekiness? i was quite the little dork myself, so i'm not sure i was pointing fingers at the time. i do remember that you hung out with eric larson on the track bus. (or am i confused?) and i remember that i was surprised that you went in for jazz. our freshman year, our jazz band was exceptional, not the least of which was the strength in the reeds. (ken peach's rendition of my funny valentine is still the best one i've ever heard to date, including, dare i say it, miles davis.) you in jazz band, taking the sax that seriously, gave me a whole new perspective on the jon i'd know for 3 years. think how much we change from 6th to 9th grades. but do i remember you needing to be right? can't say that i do. but then, like i said before, our circles barely met.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:05 am 
Blue Mud

jojo wrote:
i have not read her book, but i like the way she comes across in interviews etc. i like women who don't apologize for who they are.

Me too.
She is a bit looney, but I love that she is a self- assured looney.
I recommend reading it one day, it is interesting to hear someone tell about reincarnation like it is so obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 pm 
Blue Mud

...I have a thing for geekiness. You may have missed that

jojo wrote:
i bet he didn't miss that, carolyn.

Carolyn, I'm presuming you're being facetious, so you are both correct.
:D

Jojo, we were in band and track, so I'd say our circles more than just barely met. Yes, I hung out with Eric "the Poet" Larson, and Matt Jochem on the track bus trips. And you were so close on the Jazz Band (here I go again), I started Jazz Band in eighth grade, but who wouldn't given the chance to play with George, Mr. Butler, Amy, Ralph, Karen Rodgers, etc. You may not be able (or want) to verify my point, but your sister from another mother could, based on what she wrote in my last yearbook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:58 am 
Blue Mud

You did it again Jon!
I had to look up facetious. Learned another word.
How can I explain this? Yes I say things to amuse,don´t take me serious, but seriously, I find geekiness cute, sweet, nice......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:43 am 

re carolyn and facetious: i knew she was being sincere. or at least, i assumed it.

my sister from another mother wrote................. what? she was not in jazz band in 8th grade from what i remember. not until 9th did george persuade her to join jazz band. or am i getting that wrong too? she may have played as a sub now and then in 8th, but i thought not.
but i totally believe that you did. my eyes were always on the trumpets and the drums, to confess, perhaps that's why i didn't notice who else played til 9th grade.
so, what did she write?