Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: where is everyone?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:10 pm 
WienerWalder

I miss checking in and seeing what is new and exciting! I know, I have no life :)

Susie

Post subject: Summer Lull!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:44 pm 
Poobah

Hi Susie,

We board monitors (who have less of a life than you, it's true) know this to be the summer lull. We've entered the doldrums of online activity. Happens every year once June rolls around, goes 'til early Fall, usually. Then, in late October, thru the dead of winter we have our most active months. As the days get shorter...people flock to their computers and see what's cookin' in the virtual MAHS world....at least in our little corner.

Don't give up on the board though! People still check in to see what's going on, even if they don't comment...right lurkers?

Enjoy your summer!

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 am 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hey susie, i too am finding the lull a little sad. which i guess means that i really don't have a life and clearly am not out looking for one.
do you remember our trip to italy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm 
WienerWalder

Yes, I remember, the heat, the sunburn and all of the fun! I can't imagine letting my kids do the same thing though. Who else was with us on that trip? I remember Derek and Lynn Edwards, but other than that, I can't remember.

Susie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:41 pm 

i can only remember the four of us clearly as well. i think there were a lot of young kids on the trip, but there must have been others closer to us in age.
we did touch on that sunburn at the reunion, didn't we. god, you were a tomato! poor thing.
if you think about it, we were indulged as kids, but then again, we didn't do anything inappropriate. we weren't trying to score hash or cruise guys. we stayed up late and talked and laughed on the beach and i think we even climbed out of the window of the room one night, but we were harmless when its all said and done.
and mrs. oelson gave us a lot of room to have fun. she was very cool about it all.
so i bet your kids would be just as smart about it as we were. but of course they'd take sun block along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:48 pm 
WienerWalder

I had sunscreen, but I was out with you and Mr Hawaii who didn't need as much as I did and I stayed out with you ALLLLL day. What was I thinking, or not. Oh well, live and learn, I am still alive and have a story to tell everyone! We didn't get into trouble, just walked around alot and I remember trying to make phone calls from the phone on the beach! Those were the days!

Susie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:20 pm 

and clearly you never burned like that again, cuz you don't have wrinkles and sun damage. you learned your lesson early.
how in the world did i get away without a sunburn? did i wear a hat?
those were the days. life in europe as a teen. a pleasantly free teen. we should have all stayed in europe for the five or six years after graduation and gone to the american college in paris or something. why did any of us leave? seems just plain stupid now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:49 am 
Blue Mud

Now that you guys mention it, I haven't exactly been posting as ambitiously as before. I blame work. Anyway, how are you all doing? Susie, I guess I should be a bit more active on the reunion thread, huh? I simply don't know if I'll be around much in the next couple of years to be of any assistance. Jojo, howdy! Are you coming down to D.C. anytime soon? I'm looking to buy a home in the city in the next year or so. I know I said I didn't like to drive there, but once in, I really love the vitality and all that D.C. has to offer.

Talk to you guys soon.

Fighting the Global War on Terror until 5 p.m. everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:26 am 

hey ralfalfa. good to hear from you again. not coming to dc in the next 5 weeks. am in florida pet sitting. but maybe in august some time. i'll keep you posted.
yes, the district is full of vitality and buzz. kate likes living where she does and laurie too. of course, close to work is important. the commute can be horrible.
if you're looking for suggestions, talk to kate.
according to tony, no one posts much in the summers. don't blame work, blame the lovely weather, the long days, and pretend that you have a life, a real life which takes over in the sunny season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:26 pm 
WienerWalder

Jojo,

Where in Florida are you?

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:33 pm 

hi chris
i'm in delray beach. are you in florida too? if so, have you gotten any rain. they keep promising it, but they don't deliver. makes for a lot of watering in the garden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am 
WienerWalder

I'm in Melbourne (actually Grant, which is a wide spot in the road just south of Melbourne).

It rained like crazy this past wekend and this week it's looked enough like rain that I've only been able to drive the convertible to work one time this week.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:03 am 

its raining here now too. properly. and since i'm no avid gardener, i'm delighted to be free of the chore of watering. at least for today.
sorry about having to put the top in your car up though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 pm 
Blue Mud

"Boy, it sure is raining cats and dogs...'

Over to you, Chris.

Fighting the Global War on Terror until 5 p.m. everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:59 pm 
WienerWalder

How about "Go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave. Or check into a psycho ward whichever comes first huh?"

Or "Wait a minute, wait a minute, I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some unreasonable things."

Or "I'm gonna tell you about an accident and I don't want to hear act of god ok?"

I know the reference, but I'm blanking on the line.

May the wings of liberty never lose a feather...

Chris