Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:58 pm 
WienerWalder

I'd like to see members of Congress get on this site and see how real decisions are made. That Cincy decision took less than 24 hours. Kudos!

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:59 pm 
WienerWalder

chrisz80 wrote:
Lookout, Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky! Munich Mustangs are going to stampede, whinny and rise to party in your area come 2005! :) :wink:

Todd, Phil, Rick.... and I think Ben Tosti too, what time of year would you recommend to go there?

I'm guessing anytime after Derby. I imagine hotel/airfare prices into cincy would be extremely right before the derby (1st week of May).... cincy being so close to Louisville and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:02 pm 
WienerWalder

chrisz80 wrote:
Hi Phil, Party God!
I sure enjoyed your company this past weekend!

Did you check out all the photos, including Dennis's (Dendo'80)? There's lots of good ones of you and your gang from '86

Chris

As I enjoyed yours as well! I talked to karen last night for a few minutes before an emergency kid situation arose. you zoubs are all fun!!! You guys left a bottle of wine in our room..... it didn't go to waste though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:32 pm 
F-Winger

How early are we talking? Cincy has a fireworks display on the river on Labor Day weekend. The hotels will probably be booked up then. Just throwing this out there, as Phil said, derby is first Saturday in May and they have the largest firework display and airshow 2 weeks before derby. We could do Cincy that day and maybe charter a tour bus to go down and check out Thunder and then return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:59 pm 
Mustang!

Cincinnati is still within driving distance for me.....so that works for me also! Just, please.......make the date AFTER April 15th!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:25 pm 
Mustang!

Well Everyone What if we have it around June Or even July 4th weekend.. Planning stage .. Someone get a pen and paper and take notes.. And do we want this an all yr reunion or theme 85 reunion with special guess??????????

Billy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:41 pm 
Mustang!

Billy,

Have you ever tried traveling over the 4th of July? I've done it several times....plane, car, train & bus!! It's not pretty! Just a thought!

Barbara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 pm 
Mustang!

yes I have Like I said "Plannng stage" ..I just thought it would be better
if we had it after school is out for the summer.. Would love to bring my kids for everyone to meet....Or should I say for them to meet everyone there.

Billy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:30 am 
Wind Up Merchant

dhender777 wrote:
I'd like to see members of Congress get on this site and see how real decisions are made. That Cincy decision took less than 24 hours. Kudos!

D

Dwayne

I AGREE! We did like three rounds of voting for this last one and it took months! Well done on nailing a place down so quickly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:24 am 
WienerWalder

most of all the past reunions have occurred between April and May OR September and October... i'm guessing that's the best time for all. I'm guessing summer is reserved for outdoor projects, family vacations, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:28 am 
WienerWalder

toddrowland wrote:
How early are we talking? Cincy has a fireworks display on the river on Labor Day weekend. The hotels will probably be booked up then. Just throwing this out there, as Phil said, derby is first Saturday in May and they have the largest firework display and airshow 2 weeks before derby. We could do Cincy that day and maybe charter a tour bus to go down and check out Thunder and then return.

Todd... do you realize that that would be a logistical nightmare! 850,000 people at waterfront park and you want to ask our fellow alum to get into this mix? it's an awesome time, but not sure if it's a LARGE GROUP thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:38 am 
WienerWalder

if cincy will be the place, also consider this:

the 2008 Ryder Cup will be 9/16 thru 9/21 in Louisville (YEAH!) so you can bet cincy, lexington, and all surrounding areas will be booked then.

the 2010 World Equistrian Championships will be 9/25 thru 10/26 in Lexington... so you can also bet that cincy, Louisville and lexington will be booked then too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:47 am 
Dayton Deserter

phillycheese22 wrote:
if cincy will be the place, also consider this:

the 2008 Ryder Cup will be 9/16 thru 9/21 in Louisville (YEAH!) so you can bet cincy, lexington, and all surrounding areas will be booked then.

the 2010 World Equistrian Championships will be 9/25 thru 10/26 in Lexington... so you can also bet that cincy, Louisville and lexington will be booked then too.

Phil is right - in particular, the World Equestrian Games (kind of like horseback Olympics) will be a gigantic deal. I do think early summer might be good - right after Memorial Day maybe. Not too hot yet and summer hasn't really gotten going. Derby probably won't be too big of an issue in Cincinnati - but you might want to check. I know it isn't too bad in Lexington and we're actually closer to Louisville than Cincinnati is. Derby is always the first Saturday in May, so it would probably be easy to avoid that weekend. Late April seemed to work out for most people, although I'd actually prefer early June so I'd be out of school.

Patty