It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WOW! and double WOW!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:36 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Mr. Bill, Tony, Jennie, Patty, Mark, Susan F., Suzi S., Jojo
Thank you so very MUCH!
:D :D :D

The D.C. Reunion 2007 was fabulous! You poured your talents into it and created a couple of nights for us!

To all who were there: In case you didn't know, these folks spents hours and hours upon hours that add up to consecutive months and months taking care of all the details that made the reunion what it was!

What else you may not know is this: in addition to their countless hours, they also spent lots of their own money (cha-ching!) on the various meaningful details that made everything so special. These folks were so wanting MHS alumni to have a great time and to enjoy themselves, and are so very humble about it.... I move that we who were in attendance pass the hat around and take a collection for them to recoup their expenses. Anyone interested, please e-mail me at the address given on this board under the member directory or my profile. I'm sure these fine folks appreciate the thanks we've been giving them, but let's show them the MONEY! None of them would ever ask for or hint about this aspect, and this is an unsolicted request originating from me in hindsight. I wish that I'd thought of doing this at the reunion, but I didn't.

Muencheners, it was great to see you at the reunion. "If only it could have gone til Monday.... sigh...." Don't know about you, but I'm feeling out of sorts today, missing the adrenaline and the rush of excitement that came from being back at MHS in D.C.!

Hugs and kisses, Chris Zoubra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:44 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

chris, i'm soooo glad someone else has the post-reunion blues. the committee members feel it too, but i didnt expect you guys to have those blues as well. (ralph smith has it too...) the truth is, (from my perspective), it was an absolute ball. the whole thing. to plan, to implement, and to participate in. i wish i could thank all attendees personally for showing up and having fun. i'm just so glad i got to be part of it. but thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words.

i wish it were coming up this weekend, instead of something i'm just going to think about in retrospect. but, wow, what a honor it was to be part of that incredible event!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:19 pm 
Mustang!

Oh my........Heather and I have been commenting for the last 2 days on how down we are feeling! You can tell by the big grins in all the pictures that everyone was having so much fun! I don't think anyone wanted it to end and when it did........it was like leaving "home" all over again! That's it, we are all home sick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:43 pm 

barbara, your words made me cry! you are so right, we are all homesick. and i think we've all grown up pretty nicely. so, its all kinda "even better" now. right? i guess we're just really lucky to have lived when and where we did, and now we finally got to appreciate it. i'm really glad you and heather were there. looking good, gals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 pm 
F-Winger

I had such a good time I can't stop talking about it. The people at work have asked me to call in sick so they don't have to hear it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:37 am 

that's excellent, jim! if you want to reminisce with someone who cares, share it all on this board. i, for one, would love to hear people's individual impressions. for example, i loved when debbie dickerson told me about carrying her to the nurses' office. i had no recollection of that. and it was awesome to see derek and his henchmen reunited for the first time in a very long time. and mary gatt called tiffany on the phone and several of us talked to her; we passed the phone around.
and that's just the tip of the iceberg...