Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MAHS Class of '86(and others) 20 year reunion in Munich 2006
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:08 am 
F-Winger

Hi fellow Munich American High School Alumni-

Barbara Pedersen (class of ’86) is working on creating a database of addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the entire Class of ‘86 (including those that moved prior to graduation) for a possible 2006 reunion in Munich. We've noticed that people seem to be scattered across several MAHS sites and then there are others that aren't linked at all or don't have e-mail. If you have kept in contact with anyone from the class of ’86 (or any others that may be interested), please contact Barbara Pedersen with their information (as long as they don't mind you passing it on to her) along with your own info. You can contact her on this site, please register so that you can be kept informed about any information regarding the reunion. Barbara has also posted the names from the 1986 Commencement Program on this site under the Forum: Class Roster – All Classes; Topics: Class of 86 Roster. If you moved prior to graduation, contact Barbara and she will add you to the list. If we are going to attempt a Munich reunion, we need to get started in planning NOW.....and it'd be great if we had a large turnout! Hope to see you there.

Cindi Tumbleson Coyle '86

Post subject: 86 (and others) reunion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm 
Perlurker

Thanks Cindi & Barbara for getting me motivated! I am excited! I am registered on classmates.com as the reunion contact, but hadn't bit the bullet yet! I just sent a rough 'invite' to everyone registered there to use this sight as the main info place. I also sent a poll on time/place. I think it would be awesome if we can all work together to have an amazing time!

Freddie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:42 pm 
Mustang!

Hi all,

I can't believe how quickly the database is growing! Thank you Cindi for forwarding my message onto the people you keep in contact with and to the Classmates.com members. I am trying to update the Class of 86 roster as quickly as people make contact. I am currently working on a mini-survey to find out what dates work for people. I hope to have it e-mailed (or snail mailed to those without e-mail) to everyone on the list by Sunday. We will go with the majority, however, I think June 9th thru July 5th are going to be out due to the World Cup games in Munich. Hotel accomodations could be difficult! Since June is out and the kids are rounding out the school year in May, my personal preference would be July 15th - 22nd 2006.

I have heard people talking about wanting to have a reunion and saw Andy Steitz ('87) had one posted on another site, but it said details to come. I contacted him, but haven't gotten a response. If someone has already started planning one, please let me know! I don't want to step on any toes, but would be willing to offer my assistance in any way needed! It just seemed like everyone was talking about having one and that was as far as it went. So, since some of us need to have time to make plans for this kind of trip, I decided to get things rolling.

I realize some will be celebrating 14, 30, 40 and 50 years (was the school open in 56?). So the invitation is open to all of you.....and everyone in between. Please e-mail me your information if you would like to receive the survey or any updates.

Any ideas, suggestions and assistance will gladly be accepted. Shoot, you can even take it over if you want! LOL I've never planned anything on this scale or so far from home. This could be an interesting experience, but well worth it to see everyone again!

Barbara Pedersen '86

Post subject: Munich Reunion July 14-23, 2006
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:49 pm 
Mustang!

The dates for the MAHS Reunion in Munich will be July 14-23, 2006. The reunion is open to all classes! I will post more information soon. If you are planning on attending, please e-mail me at bapedersen@yahoo.com

Current Attendees (updated 1/12/06)

Stefan Cobey (www.cobeymusic.com - entertainment) - year ?
Ron Grandl (entertainment) - year ?
Eddie Waiters - 82
Kim "Hauge" Weimer - 85
Lara Hartzenbusch - 86
Kanat Kale - 86
Denis & Bobbi "Royer" Kelley - 86
Julie Medcalf - 86
John Neary - 86
Freddie "Offut" Charlton - 86
Barbara Pedersen - 86
Doug Pilkington - 86
Rick Rowland - 86
Phil Santos - 86
Phil Skipper - 86
Sandy Slizewski - 86
Cheryn "Swanson" Fasano - 86
Cindi Tumbleson - 86
Beth "Ziegler" Soltis - 86
Mike Kuhla - 87
Deirdre "Schutz" Smee - 87
Terri Tumbleson - 88

Possible Attendees

Gina Rowland - 84
George Sieretzki - 84
Bill Fischer - 86
Lauren Gill - 86
Kate Lee - 86
Fred Eden - 87

Not Attending

Marika Waiters - 84
Pam "Burley" Rogers - 86
CP Watkins - 86

"I have not failed 1000 times, I have successfully found 1000 ways that don't work" ~ Thomas Edison

Last edited by barbara86 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Tom Mohr and John Brock
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:54 am 
Perlurker

Hey this is Tom Mohr '86 I am intouch with John Brock '86 who is in Dallas TX and Jimmy Sheely'87 who is in Fairfax VA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:15 am 
Mustang!

I am updating the Munich 2006 attendee list as I receive e-mails from people. (See post above this one). If you don't see someone's name and you have their e-mail, please forward the dates of July 14 - 22, 2006 to them. Freddie and I are working on group hotel rates and will post the information as soon as available.

"I have not failed 1000 times, I have successfully found 1000 ways that don't work" ~ Thomas Edison

Post subject: Munich Mustangs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:17 am 
Perlurker

I was playing Football (Munich Cowboys) at this time! I remember the time our team was watching the highscool games of the mustangs at the sport field Säbener Strasse! :)
It was a nice American community in Munich! I had friends there and it was a nice time! There is still a litte Oktoberfest but it´s not the same... :cry:

GREETINGS FROM MUNICH!!!!!

Post subject: Munich Reunion Info
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:46 pm 
Mustang!

It may be small..........but it's still happening......
Here is the list of attendees for the reunion in Munich July 14th - 23rd.

Stephan Cobey - 80 (lives in Munich)
Eddie Waiters - 82 (lives in Munich)
Rick Rowland - 86 (arriving July 15th)
Phil Santos - 86 (arriving July 15th)
Juli Sherwood - 86 (?)
Sandy Slizewski - 86 (arriving July 9th)
Julie Medcalf - 86 (arriving July 14th)
Cindi Tumbleson - 86 (arriving July 9th)
Teri Tumbleson - 88 (arriving July 9th)

If you are going to be in town during those dates, let me know and I will provide you with some contact information so you can hook up with the group.

Barbara Pedersen
Class of 86