Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Class Rosters ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:07 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
8)

Any Class of 70 , 71 , 72 , 73 , 74 out there :?:

Or are we too old for this site :oops:

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:11 am 
Offline
Wind Up Merchant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 1641
You are most definitely NOT too old for this site! This site is for everyone related to MAHS!

Some folks check less often than others though, so while the 70s crowd is building, responses to your posts might be a little erratic...HANG ON THOUGH...we noticed with all the eras that have set up shop on this board...it's slow at first, then it builds to posts at feverish pace, then it plateaus out to a nice consistent flow.

Don't give up!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 am 
Offline
Blue Mud
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 830
Location: Denmark
Carol,

Have you gone through the member list? It is possible to send e-mails and/or private messages.
There are lots that I could see who are from 70-74. I have connected with friends who do not chat on line, I think some are a bit shy, but we are in touch now by private e-mails.
I joined in june 2007 and just a few days ago another old friend found me.
So Mr. Bill tells it true, it may take time.

Carolyn82

_________________
Clamo,
Clamatis,
Omnes Clamamus pro glace lactis!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Carol,

Have you gone through the member list? It is possible to send e-mails and/or private messages.
There are lots that I could see who are from 70-74. I have connected with friends who do not chat on line, I think some are a bit shy, but we are in touch now by private e-mails.
I joined in june 2007 and just a few days ago another old friend found me.
So Mr. Bill tells it true, it may take time.

Carolyn82


First of all : :D Thanks for answering !
Yes, I've gone through the member list. I'm new at computer, internet and sites - maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems most members don't post their real names ? How do you go about finding former classmates ? :oops:
Can you help me ( and maybe others ) ????
I believe Mr.Bill and I'm willing to take my time :P
Am really looking forward to reconnecting with former classmates !

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 am 
Offline
Blue Mud
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 830
Location: Denmark
Carol,
I went through the memberlist one by one and contacted anybody who I thought I might know by clicking on private message or e-mail. I was lucky a few times and found for example a big brother and I found a few of my sisters friends,some were so kind to answer a negative. Every once in a whlie I have been contacted so that I now have been in contact with 4 of my ole gang.But I mostly have fun chatting with people here who I did not know, talking about the place and what we remember etc.
A lady I used to babysit for, who was friends with my parents just found me.Now I have a place where I am welcomed to stay if I make a trip to Munich. Cool. So you see it takes time.

You can try to google names. I googled "Diane Moynihan" and there are alot of results, maybe one of them is your old pal. Do you have your year book? If yes you can use it to find out what the siblings of your friends names were. They may be on the site.There are quite a few from the late 60`s.
May I also recommend that you add 73 to your name so people joining can find you right away? Wonder73.

Good luck! Catch you later.

_________________
Clamo,
Clamatis,
Omnes Clamamus pro glace lactis!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 am 
Offline
Thinking About Getting a Life

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 842
Location: new york
hi carol,
i got on this board a year ago, and it took me a while to find the people i was looking for as well. in fact, many of them still don't post much or at all...(ahem, deb, mary, tiff, meg, steph, chris, etc.)
but i found them through this site and several others whom i hadn't heard from in 20-25 years. and it's so good to be in touch with those friends again. so keep after it. one person will lead you to another and then another and so on. and when the 73'ers who cruise the board see that you're up they'll respond. it seems we all want to come home eventually.
welcome to the board!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Carol,
I went through the memberlist one by one and contacted anybody who I thought I might know by clicking on private message or e-mail. I was lucky a few times and found for example a big brother and I found a few of my sisters friends,some were so kind to answer a negative. Every once in a whlie I have been contacted so that I now have been in contact with 4 of my ole gang.But I mostly have fun chatting with people here who I did not know, talking about the place and what we remember etc.
A lady I used to babysit for, who was friends with my parents just found me.Now I have a place where I am welcomed to stay if I make a trip to Munich. Cool. So you see it takes time.

You can try to google names. I googled "Diane Moynihan" and there are alot of results, maybe one of them is your old pal. Do you have your year book? If yes you can use it to find out what the siblings of your friends names were. They may be on the site.There are quite a few from the late 60`s.
May I also recommend that you add 73 to your name so people joining can find you right away? Wonder73.

Good luck! Catch you later.


Thank you for you time !
I am learning and am grateful :D
How do I go about adding 73 to my name ?
Thanks again
Carol

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:41 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
jojo wrote:
hi carol,
i got on this board a year ago, and it took me a while to find the people i was looking for as well. in fact, many of them still don't post much or at all...(ahem, deb, mary, tiff, meg, steph, chris, etc.)
but i found them through this site and several others whom i hadn't heard from in 20-25 years. and it's so good to be in touch with those friends again. so keep after it. one person will lead you to another and then another and so on. and when the 73'ers who cruise the board see that you're up they'll respond. it seems we all want to come home eventually.
welcome to the board!


:lol:
Yes ! I am on my way home, finally.
And thank you
Carol
Class of 73 ( I'm learning :shock: )

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:44 am 
Offline
Blue Mud
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 830
Location: Denmark
Carol,
To add 73 I believe you click on profile(above) and somewhere it says reset or something like that and you can change or add stuff.

Hey! MB, Tony if you are out there, am I telling Carol the right way to add 73 to her name?

_________________
Clamo,
Clamatis,
Omnes Clamamus pro glace lactis!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 am 
Offline
Wind Up Merchant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 1641
A good try, but actually that's the one of the few things you cannot change at the profile link. I need to do that as admin. Carol, if you do want to add 73 to your name, post it here and I'll change it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
MrBill82 wrote:
A good try, but actually that's the one of the few things you cannot change at the profile link. I need to do that as admin. Carol, if you do want to add 73 to your name, post it here and I'll change it.


Dear Mr. Admin. :lol:

Yes, please do, - add the 73 to my name.
Thought it was a good idea and it really might help in enjoying this site even more by being able to get in touch with those " old " classmates.
Thank you

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:15 pm 
Offline
Wind Up Merchant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:50 am
Posts: 1641
Carol

Done and done. I've noticed an increase over the last couple of days of posts and registrations from 70s folks. See...if you build it...they will come.

Remember to add the 73 when you're logging in from now on. Your password remains the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 pm 
Offline
Mustang!

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Oettingen, Germany
Thank you,
for the quick action :wink:
keeping my eyes open with my glasses on - family is complaining because I am spending hours on the computer :P
Thanks for the great site and all the encouragement and help from all users.

_________________
Carol Roethig ( Kohn )
MAHS class of 73


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Another 70's graduate
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm 
Offline
Perlurker

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 1
Location: El Paso, Texas
Hi Carol, and hello to all...I joined recently, and have communicated with Carol on this site and a couple of others. As you can see from my name, I'm a 1972 graduate--lived in Munich from 1966 to 1972, 7th thru 12th grade. My two younger brothers, Steve and Mike, left in 1971 with my folks to Copenhagen, and I stayed for my senior year. We lived in what we called "the compound" in Harlaching, between Harthauserstrasse and GabrielMaxstrasse, and rode the bus to and from school every day (something my kids have never done--they've missed a lot!). Maybe some of you knew my brothers--Steve was two years behind me, and Mike yet one more behind. Mike and I live in El Paso, Texas, and Steve is in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It's been fun reading all the posts--brings back a lot of memories. I'll try to participate as often as I can!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:30 am 
Offline
Blue Mud
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:37 am
Posts: 830
Location: Denmark
Hi Eric,
I am glad to hear Carol found some of her mates!
Welcome! Looking forward to some good discussions with you! :D
Do join in!!!!

_________________
Clamo,
Clamatis,
Omnes Clamamus pro glace lactis!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group