PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:07 pm 
Mustang!

8)

Any Class of 70 , 71 , 72 , 73 , 74 out there :?:

Or are we too old for this site :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:11 am 
Wind Up Merchant

You are most definitely NOT too old for this site! This site is for everyone related to MAHS!

Some folks check less often than others though, so while the 70s crowd is building, responses to your posts might be a little erratic...HANG ON THOUGH...we noticed with all the eras that have set up shop on this board...it's slow at first, then it builds to posts at feverish pace, then it plateaus out to a nice consistent flow.

Don't give up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 am 
Blue Mud

Carol,

Have you gone through the member list? It is possible to send e-mails and/or private messages.
There are lots that I could see who are from 70-74. I have connected with friends who do not chat on line, I think some are a bit shy, but we are in touch now by private e-mails.
I joined in june 2007 and just a few days ago another old friend found me.
So Mr. Bill tells it true, it may take time.

Carolyn82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 pm 
Mustang!

Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Carol,

Have you gone through the member list? It is possible to send e-mails and/or private messages.
There are lots that I could see who are from 70-74. I have connected with friends who do not chat on line, I think some are a bit shy, but we are in touch now by private e-mails.
I joined in june 2007 and just a few days ago another old friend found me.
So Mr. Bill tells it true, it may take time.

Carolyn82

First of all : :D Thanks for answering !
Yes, I've gone through the member list. I'm new at computer, internet and sites - maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems most members don't post their real names ? How do you go about finding former classmates ? :oops:
Can you help me ( and maybe others ) ????
I believe Mr.Bill and I'm willing to take my time :P
Am really looking forward to reconnecting with former classmates !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 am 
Blue Mud

Carol,
I went through the memberlist one by one and contacted anybody who I thought I might know by clicking on private message or e-mail. I was lucky a few times and found for example a big brother and I found a few of my sisters friends,some were so kind to answer a negative. Every once in a whlie I have been contacted so that I now have been in contact with 4 of my ole gang.But I mostly have fun chatting with people here who I did not know, talking about the place and what we remember etc.
A lady I used to babysit for, who was friends with my parents just found me.Now I have a place where I am welcomed to stay if I make a trip to Munich. Cool. So you see it takes time.

You can try to google names. I googled "Diane Moynihan" and there are alot of results, maybe one of them is your old pal. Do you have your year book? If yes you can use it to find out what the siblings of your friends names were. They may be on the site.There are quite a few from the late 60`s.
May I also recommend that you add 73 to your name so people joining can find you right away? Wonder73.

Good luck! Catch you later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 am 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hi carol,
i got on this board a year ago, and it took me a while to find the people i was looking for as well. in fact, many of them still don't post much or at all...(ahem, deb, mary, tiff, meg, steph, chris, etc.)
but i found them through this site and several others whom i hadn't heard from in 20-25 years. and it's so good to be in touch with those friends again. so keep after it. one person will lead you to another and then another and so on. and when the 73'ers who cruise the board see that you're up they'll respond. it seems we all want to come home eventually.
welcome to the board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm 
Mustang!

Carolyn Frusciante82 wrote:
Carol,
I went through the memberlist one by one and contacted anybody who I thought I might know by clicking on private message or e-mail. I was lucky a few times and found for example a big brother and I found a few of my sisters friends,some were so kind to answer a negative. Every once in a whlie I have been contacted so that I now have been in contact with 4 of my ole gang.But I mostly have fun chatting with people here who I did not know, talking about the place and what we remember etc.
A lady I used to babysit for, who was friends with my parents just found me.Now I have a place where I am welcomed to stay if I make a trip to Munich. Cool. So you see it takes time.

You can try to google names. I googled "Diane Moynihan" and there are alot of results, maybe one of them is your old pal. Do you have your year book? If yes you can use it to find out what the siblings of your friends names were. They may be on the site.There are quite a few from the late 60`s.
May I also recommend that you add 73 to your name so people joining can find you right away? Wonder73.

Good luck! Catch you later.

Thank you for you time !
I am learning and am grateful :D
How do I go about adding 73 to my name ?
Thanks again
Carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:41 pm 
Mustang!

jojo wrote:
hi carol,
i got on this board a year ago, and it took me a while to find the people i was looking for as well. in fact, many of them still don't post much or at all...(ahem, deb, mary, tiff, meg, steph, chris, etc.)
but i found them through this site and several others whom i hadn't heard from in 20-25 years. and it's so good to be in touch with those friends again. so keep after it. one person will lead you to another and then another and so on. and when the 73'ers who cruise the board see that you're up they'll respond. it seems we all want to come home eventually.
welcome to the board!

:lol:
Yes ! I am on my way home, finally.
And thank you
Carol
Class of 73 ( I'm learning :shock: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:44 am 
Blue Mud

Carol,
To add 73 I believe you click on profile(above) and somewhere it says reset or something like that and you can change or add stuff.

Hey! MB, Tony if you are out there, am I telling Carol the right way to add 73 to her name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 am 
Wind Up Merchant

A good try, but actually that's the one of the few things you cannot change at the profile link. I need to do that as admin. Carol, if you do want to add 73 to your name, post it here and I'll change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:10 pm 
Mustang!

MrBill82 wrote:
A good try, but actually that's the one of the few things you cannot change at the profile link. I need to do that as admin. Carol, if you do want to add 73 to your name, post it here and I'll change it.

Dear Mr. Admin. :lol:

Yes, please do, - add the 73 to my name.
Thought it was a good idea and it really might help in enjoying this site even more by being able to get in touch with those " old " classmates.
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:15 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Carol

Done and done. I've noticed an increase over the last couple of days of posts and registrations from 70s folks. See...if you build it...they will come.

Remember to add the 73 when you're logging in from now on. Your password remains the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 pm 
Mustang!

Thank you,
for the quick action :wink:
keeping my eyes open with my glasses on - family is complaining because I am spending hours on the computer :P
Thanks for the great site and all the encouragement and help from all users.

Post subject: Another 70's graduate
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Carol, and hello to all...I joined recently, and have communicated with Carol on this site and a couple of others. As you can see from my name, I'm a 1972 graduate--lived in Munich from 1966 to 1972, 7th thru 12th grade. My two younger brothers, Steve and Mike, left in 1971 with my folks to Copenhagen, and I stayed for my senior year. We lived in what we called "the compound" in Harlaching, between Harthauserstrasse and GabrielMaxstrasse, and rode the bus to and from school every day (something my kids have never done--they've missed a lot!). Maybe some of you knew my brothers--Steve was two years behind me, and Mike yet one more behind. Mike and I live in El Paso, Texas, and Steve is in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It's been fun reading all the posts--brings back a lot of memories. I'll try to participate as often as I can!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:30 am 
Blue Mud

Hi Eric,
I am glad to hear Carol found some of her mates!
Welcome! Looking forward to some good discussions with you! :D
Do join in!!!!