Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Class of 1980
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:51 pm 
F-Winger

Anybody from the class of 80 out there! O.K. I'll take at a stab at this and get the class of '80 roster going.

I've added the Class of '80 names from the '78 and '79 Mnemonic. What a trip. This is the first time I've ever looked at all the names from my class from sophmore, junior, and senior year. It is amazing how mobile army brats can be. And it definately brought back some memories that I thought were long gone...a bit too much Honduran rum in my past!

Anyway, I tried to indicate which Mnemonic the person last showed up with * or #, +. An * indicates that the person was still with us our junior year, in the 79 yearbook. The # indicates they were with us our sophmore year, in the 78 yearbook. The + indicates they were with us in a yearbook prior to 78. Names without a symbol were in the '80 Mnemonic.

Black = Among the missing
Red = Registered on this site
Green = Location known by someone
Purple = Deceased

Beth Arlinsky#
Tammy Baldwin#
Robert Barkley
Terezie Bartos*
Eden Biesel
Paul Bradley
Dorothy Brown*
Margaret Breen
Douglas Buriff
Greg Burke
Karen Butenko
Mike Cantrell*
James Cantyne+
Michael Carey
Warren Carlsrud*
Rita Castle#
Carla Chiles#
Steve Clayton
Diane Clemens*
Stefan Cobey
John Cocke
Susan Conway*
Pat Cramer*
Ginger Cullison#
Bo Dawson
Peter de Vries
Leslie Del Toro*
Debbie Dickerson
Carol Doty
Pamela Doty
Mike Duncan#
Lisa Dye#
Laura Ebener#
Lorraine Eide
Michael Fallon
Matt Fenlon#
Richard Fisher
Doug Ford#
Danny Fritts#
Greg Gabel*
Helen Garcia
Trisha Garner
Ricky Garner
Theresa Gatt
Lauren Gaun
Alex Ghanbar
Matt Gillett*
Creg Gilmore#
Kristi Graham
Michelle Grayson*
Rowena Griem
laura Griswold#
Sybil Hambay*
Mary Hampton
Jerry Harness*
Cheri Harris#
George Hart
Karen Hausner*
Michael Henning
Craig Henry
Anne Hillgren*
Glenn Hodge
Oskar Hoessl
Thomas Holmes*
Tyler Holmes*
Angela Horvath
Tom Howard#
Gigi Hyatt #Note. Listed in '78 Mnemonic as Class of '80 but graduated '79
Michael Hunt
Bobby Huss
Anne Ichihara
Laurie Jacobs#
Al Jenkel
John Jensen
Nita Juarez
Michael Kalxdorff
John Karp
John Katrenick
Mike Kirwin*
Thomas Kugler
Diane Kupau#
Vickie Lacer#
Robert Lacewell*
Michelle Lajoie*
Alicia Lawson
Raythatis Lee
Laura Livingstone
Sharon Lockamy*
Sean Logan#
Susan Losonsky
Charles Lucero*
Debbie Manganaro
John Marshall
Aida Martinez*
Andreas Mathews
Brigitte Mays#
Doug McCredy#
Kathy McGovern*
Peggy McGuire
Mike Medai
Mona Meuwissen
Arthur Migala
Caroline Miles
Elizabeth Miller
Eric Miller#
Shan Miller
Betty Mills#
Ann Morgan#
Lorra Moyer
Darlene Murphy#
Michelle Mustico
Daniel Nation
John Olson#
Sheila Palza*
Michael Pastora
Eddie Pate*
Willie Pate*
Chris Pechtigam
Bret Picka
Will Pickering*
Ronald Pierce
Scotty Pike*
Lahn Pitchford#
Helena Pitts*
Michael Purnell
Irene Raikas*
Robert Re*
Diana Reneau*
Mike Ricketts*
Alice Roberson#
Greg Robinson*
Trudee Robinson
Denise Rose
Kevin Ryan
Anke Sagwitz#
Mona Sanders
Gerardo Santos
Caroline Schooler
Gabby Schubert
Mark Schultz#
John Scott
Veronica Sherman#
Becky Shiles*
Tim Shumac
Lori Snyder*
Roland Smith
Angela Spence#
Stacey Sprague*
Eva Steinwald
Steve Stephenson
Jeanine Stock
Cynthia Sweet
Harriet Tapp#
Dede Taylor*
Thomas Thaw
Maureen Theberge #Note. Listed in '78 Mnemonic as Class of '80 but graduated '79
James Tice*
Mary Beth Tomczyk#
Biljana Tomic*
Robin Tosti
Steve Tracy
Teri Travelletti*
Stephanie Turns
Michael Van Wormer
Sara Vickery*
Edward Wagner
John Wagner
Anita West#
Bruce White
Jerry White*
Julianna White
Lynnie White*
Lonnie Wilcox#
Dee Dee Wiles*
Becky Williamson*
Christine Wright
Judy Zima
Christine Zoubra

Last edited by Robert80 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:49 pm 
I didn't see my sister Alice Roberson .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:52 am 
F-Winger

I found Alice in the 1978 Mnemonic but not in the 1979 or 1980. I will be adding the class of 80 folks from the 1978 and 1979 Mnemonic soon.

Post subject: 80 recall roster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:13 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Robert -
I think you;ve done a terrific job with our class list! Very well organized!
That had to have taken some time, and we appreciate your job!
Hey, have you any info about Mona Sanders? Last I heard she went to Barnard College in NY, but that was when we were college freshmen!
I ran into a former classmate of ours here in San Antonio.... He didn't graduate with us, but spent our high school freshman year at Munich. Do you remember Bobby Giles? He and I crossed paths at the WHMC, Lackland. He recognized me for some reason, but if he had not have said, "Excuse me, do you mind if I ask you your name?" and we didn't discover that we'd gone to MAHS at one time together, I would have just walked past his desk! I was in a hurry to get a child checked in (we were running late) and I was oblivious to the folks at the other check-in stations.... BUT, he did stop me and ask me, and I told him my name, Christine Sauer, and he looked down and then back up at me and said,
"Yeah.... May I ask.... is it "Chris?"
I looked at him, and questioningly replied, "Well, I've gone by "Christine" for years...." and I'm wondering, "Who IS this guy?"
At the same time, he asks, " Zoubra?" "I think we went to school together in Munich!!!" And then I realized who he was - good ole Bobby Giles, the lean, tall, braces wearing basketball player who sat next to me in Ms. Ibele's English class!!!! I let out a squeal (most inappropriately, of course)
but it was great to make that connection!!!!!! We talked for a bit, but there was a line forming behind me, and we had to stop.... I haven't been back to the health clinic with my kids, so I haven't seen him again since then..... when I do, I'll tell him to check out this website!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:47 pm 
F-Winger

Chris:
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the kudos on the list, but it wasn't too bad putting it together. I did it in a couple of spurts. Its good to know you are still around and it sounds like you are doing well. Kids? How many? How old?

I've been married since 1986. Yvonne and I have a daughter, now 13. She's a great kid doing great in school and does about 16 hours of Gymnastics a week. Definately more coordination than I've got.

I'm a forester for the Idaho Department of Lands and my wife works with University of Idaho Forestry Extension.

Sorry about the long delay in noting your post. I was a bit busy this summer. I'll drop in on this site a bit more and update the list.
Robert

Post subject: Stomp on In!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:30 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Ok, so where are all of you from the Class of '80, the class with class?

John Karp, John Scott, Michael Hunt, Mike Purnell, Lauren Gaun, Stefan Cobey, Eva Steinwald, Helen Garcia, Michelle Mustico, Mona Sanders, Caroline Schooler, Pamela Doty, Carol Doty, Susan Conway, Julianna White, Cindy Sweet, Leslie DelToro, Linda Vega, Patsy Cramer, and the rest of you who need to know about this forum? Get on here, and if you can do so, please sign up for the April 07 Reunion!!!! :D

Post subject: Roster update Nov. 26, 2006
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:17 pm 
F-Winger

I just got done running through the member list and found some additional people that have joined the board. Stefan Cobey is listed under the name "Steve on the Rocks". His info sheet had a web site for his business. Check it out!

I also found John Karp but he didn't include an e-mail address. I have an old one but I don't think its any good anymore.

Chris Pechtigam is on the board now also. Peggy McGuire also showed up on the board. I had left Munich halfway through the 7th grade and returned at the beginning of the 10th. By then she had moved away. Peggy, what have you been up to since then?

Post subject: Please add me!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:11 am 
F-Winger

I left MAHS after the 9th grade. This brings back so many good memories!

Came back in 1982 for about a year. I am now married to John Jensen (yea!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:10 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Hi Terry!
Good to hear from you again! I think it's been about 5 or so years since our last "contact" via e-mail, on Classmates.com, eh?
Well, how are things out in the midwest? Weren't you going to school around the time we last "spoke"?
Hope you'll be able to make it to the reunion in April! It would be so good to see you!
Chris
P.S. I had no idea you were in Munich from '81-82!!! Wonder why we never crossed paths; how bizarre!
:o

Post subject: Nice to see you on board
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am 
Mustang!

Hi Terry,

You probably don't remember me, but I remember you and your beautiful always perfect hair!!!!! That was a good thing. I think we actually spoke by phone when you lived in Lawton, OK and I was visiting my grandparents in Altus. Anyway, we all kinda hung out together at times, around the theater, around the Cantynes, and who can forget Robert Pocowitz, Cami Hayden etc...anyway if you remeber me I'd love to hear from you.

I moved to Monterey, CA. in 1978 and ended up staying here. I've been married for almost 25 years and have a wonderful 4 year old named Kurt.

Dawn Miller Rinehart
class of 81

Post subject: Hey Dawn!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:21 pm 
F-Winger

I do remember you :-) you sweet thing! Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I always hated it! Too straight, too fine!

I wonder what ever happened to Monica Cantyne? Talk about beautiful hair! LOL

25 years! CONGRATULATIONS! I have a 4 year old too! His name is Anthony. He looks just like me! I also have a 14 year daughter Caitlyn. She is brillant but a rebel ;-)! They are a blessing!

Are you going to get to be at the reunion? My brother, Tony is going to be there. He graduated in 1982. Would love to see you!

Came back in 1982 for about a year. I am now married to John Jensen (yea!)

Post subject: WTF???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

'Scuse my #$@%&&*?! language, but I've tried to post several messages in the last hour in reply to 1)Dawn 2)Terry and 3)2 attempts to reply to Terry, Steve and Richard in one message! Only one made it through to the message board. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.... Anyone? Helloooo! Please advise! Thanks. :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:57 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

that's odd...you're sure you're signed in and everything...I haven't had any messages about server issues, but anything is possible. Let me look into this.
And let me know if you have any other problems.

Post subject: Class of '80
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:37 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Mr. Bill,
Hmmm... I thought that i was logged on when I tried posting. Apparently I was, since one of the messages did post!
Anyway, here goes a third try for the same message.

Hi there, Terry, Steve and Richard:
It's good to see you all here at the '80's board! Terry, I'm so glad you'll be at the reunion!
Steve, it's hard to believe you're a grandpa x5!!! Wow! I'm still trying to raise two teenagers! Say, do you keep up with Aibling people or Tolz people? I have heard that there are quite a few in CO? Have you attended any reunions that may have taken place over the years in CO?
Richard, since you brought it up, do tell, when will our KS/TX/CO reunion be? !!!!
"Class of '80 Rocks!", to quote John Marshall!
See you all soon, in 2 months, that is, in Rosslyn, at the Holiday Inn!
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:02 pm 
F-Winger

I'm glad to see some posts from 80's folks. I tend to snoop around the various forums without logging in.

As people start getting into this Class Roster Forum I could use some advice. As I read many of the postings I have a tendency to be clueless as to who the people are especially with some of the names being used. Maybe I'm just dense. I know, I know Robert80 isn't much help either.

What I would like to start doing is updating the roster with each person's name followed with the log-in name. For example Robert Barkley - Robert80. I want to make sure that this isn't some breach of forum etiquette or secrecy. My hope is that 80's folks logging on will be more quickly able to identify their friends. I have noticed messages asking are you so-and-so or so-and-so. Let me know if your are interested in seeing the roster in this format. It would require that people drop a line in this forum letting me know what name they belong to.

MrBill - is there some way to convert the 80's roster into a table? For example a field with the name and a field with the log-in name. It might make the roster a little cleaner.

Comments? Pro! Con!