Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wish we could make the reunion! Prost from the Loomis Clan.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:24 am 
Perlurker

I'm Rick from class of '81 and currently am living in northern California 45min west of Lake Tahoe with my wife, Donna, and our 2 kids, Sara 14 and Devon 11. Erica Swenson and my brother Dave '87 referred me to this site not long ago and its been fun seeing the photos and reading updates. I'm sad that our family's trip back east this year is planned for June and so I'll have to miss out on the reunion. My daughter's 8th grade class is making the DC class trip and we are extending the stay to visit my relatives there in the DC area. Anyway, I wanted to wish everyone there at the reunion a great time!
Here is a "brief" update on myself and my siblings:
Rick '81, : As some of you know my family returned to the States halfway thru my senior year but thanks to the Felker family(Shout out to Jenny and Tim) I was able to stay on with them to graduate at MAHS. I attended Univ of Michigan graduating Med School there in 1987. That year I spent several weeks working at the NIH and met up with several MAHS alums one weekend including Derek and Curtis Marsh, Andy Wolter and I think Derek Hyatt amongst others. Later that spring, I met up with Andy in New York with Joli Beisel. I have a picture of Andy and I at the top of the world trade center towers looking out over the skyline. How quickly things change! Following Med School I did a residency in Pediatrics at Childrens Hospital in Los Angeles. I worked in Long Beach for 2 years and married a fellow Pediatrician, Donna Lopiano. We moved to Santa Cruz county and were in private practice there for 10 years. In 2004 we left the beach for the mountains. We have the privilege of getting to know many kids and their families in the work we do during the week and then follow our own kids from one sporting tournament to another on the weekend.
Lori '82: Lori left during her junior year and finished High School in Sierra Vista AZ. She went to Northern AZ Univ on a ROTC scholarship and believe it or not just retired in Dec '06 as a Lt Col in the USArmy. She has 4 sons and is now living in Rhode Island with her husband TJ
Robert 84' Robert (he went by "Bob" as a youth in Munich) hanging out as part of the "Beaner Wolves" with Sean McDade and Mark Dix Garrett Craw. He finished HS in AZ and went to the Univ of AZ. He now lives in Chicago and makes movies. Check out his latest childrens DVD "Monkey Presents: Romeo and Juliet" on sale at Amazon.com. He is married to Colleen and has 2 young sons, Declan and Jet.
Anne 86' Anne lived in Germany the longest of any of us. She married Tom Ledoux, a soldier turned computer geek that worked with our father in Munich. They finally returned to the states in the late 90's and are living in Atlanta. They have one son and Anne is now a certified Montessori Teacher.
Dave 87' went to Univ of Florida after graduating from MAHS. (our family had moved back from AZ to Munich in the mid 80's) He also went to school on a Army scholarship and after graduating and doing his time in uniform, married and got into computer programming. He lives with his wife, Annette, and their 2 daughters in Denver.
Veronica'89 attended the University of AZ and stayed active in sports. She is now an avid horseback rider. She lives in Tucson with her husband, Mark, and her daughter, Haley.
John '92 finished HS in AZ attended Univ of AZ on a Navy scholarship. He did a tour in Iraq several years ago. He married Sofi 2 years ago and they are expecting their first child this year. They live in Tucson/San Diego.
Renee '92 married/divorced soon after HS and became the mother of twins Kelsey and Kaylee now age 12 and then had a third daughter Kiley now 9. Renee has recently been living in Virginia but is now spending more time in Arizona after having remarried.
William '98 left Munich with the family at age 11 and graduated HS in AZ, he is working on a chemistry PHD in Chicago
Mary '98 has lived in many places since graduating HS, including Ireland, Virginia, Arizona, and most recently New Zealand
Karen '00 is working as a civil servant in AZ, going to school part time and raising her daugher, Mikayla, now age 4.

Our parents are celebrating an anniversary this weekend (April 20)at a special party organized by our brother John and his wife at the Hofbrauhaus in Las Vegas. We'll raise a brew in toast to MAHS!!
Prost!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:57 am 
WienerWalder

HOLY COW!!! I knew Anne and Dave..... never realized they had such a HUGE family! I thought the Rowlands or Tracys took the cake when it came to large families!

Thanks for the update.... I always wondered what happened to Anne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:16 am 
Dayton Deserter

Rick, so great to hear an update from you and hear all about your family! I remember we lived on the same street the first year we got to Munich, and I got to be friends with Lori. Would love to get back in touch with her - can you lure her to the board too?

Patty Reinman Dawson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:19 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hey rick! just wanted to say hello. i hear about you off and on through the felkers so i know much of your history. glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. just saw a recent pic of dave that yone akagi took when she was in colorado.
danke fuer das anmeldung.
keep well.
jojo
ps-i'll put jen and tim onto your thread. sometimes they need a reminder to look...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

jojo wrote:
hey rick! just wanted to say hello. i hear about you off and on through the felkers so i know much of your history. glad to hear that everyone is doing so well. just saw a recent pic of dave that yone akagi took when she was in colorado.
keep well.
jojo
ps-i'll put jen and tim onto your thread. sometimes they need a reminder to look...

Are Kai and Yone coming to the reunion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:33 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

jojo wrote:
keep well.
jojo

What about your former neighbor Sarah Akimoto? Is she coming to the reunion too? Noticed all the other Akimotos are attending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:35 pm 
Dayton Deserter

Mike,

I can answer that one for you. Sara can't make it. I think she is a teacher and can't get time off right now.

Patty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:37 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

pattydawson wrote:
Mike,

I can answer that one for you. Sara can't make it. I think she is a teacher and can't get time off right now.

Patty

Cool, thanks. I spent a lot of time in Arizona and Sara was always excited to see my ASU Sun Devils shirts. I think she ended up attending there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:33 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

unfortunately kai and yone can't make it either. maybe next year. i hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:38 am 
Perlurker

pattydawson wrote:
Rick, so great to hear an update from you and hear all about your family! I remember we lived on the same street the first year we got to Munich, and I got to be friends with Lori. Would love to get back in touch with her - can you lure her to the board too?

Patty Reinman Dawson

Hi Patty,
I'll send her a note.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:33 am 
Perlurker

Hey Rick:

Can you forward me Lori's email address? Glad to know you all are doing so well.

Jill (Tosti) McDonough

Post subject: Re: Wish we could make the reunion! Prost from the Loomis Cl
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:27 pm 
Mustang!

Quote:
Robert 84' Robert (he went by "Bob" as a youth in Munich) hanging out as part of the "Beaner Wolves" with Sean McDade and Mark Dix Garrett Craw. He finished HS in AZ and went to the Univ of AZ. He now lives in Chicago and makes movies. Check out his latest childrens DVD "Monkey Presents: Romeo and Juliet" on sale at Amazon.com. He is married to Colleen and has 2 young sons, Declan and Jet.

I just thought I'd pass on to you the Marc Dix passed away Aug 06. I have Sean McDade's email and Garrett Craw's younger brother Bret's email. Garrett is now a Presbyterian minister. I keep in close touch with the Dix family.

Kim Hauge Weimer 85

Post subject: Glad to hear from you
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:41 pm 
Mustang!

Rick,
Glad the Loomis's have made contact! Lori and I were pretty good friends on cross country and track at MAHS and again in school at Buena HS. Also, my brother was a friend of Anne's.
Sounds like the Loomis clan is prospering!
Please say 'hi' to Lori for me.
Guy French

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:14 am 
Mustang!

Hey Guy,

I gather the brother you mention is Tommy. He and I were good friends in grade school and junior high. I can still rememeber the two of us running through Perlacher looking for steps to run up after seeing Rocky for the first time. I also have a medal I earned on a VolksMarch with Tommy and your parents. You guys had a cat named Alpha back then. We were both crazy Dallas Cowboy fans , so I thought of him often in the early 90's!

Would love to hear any news about Tommy!

I'm writing this about 60 miles away. I am also in the Buckeye State. I live in the first capitol! Chillicothe.

Ryan Poole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:43 pm 
Mustang!

I thought your name sounded familiar. However, it saddens me to have to tell you, but Tommy passed away in '96. I'm so sorry to have to tell you this in a post.
Guy