Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anyone else from'79?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 pm 
Perlurker

:)
I see Mike Kelley and I. Mike, I'm going to have to look you up in the yearbook to jog my memory. I know the name, can't put a face to it. I have lived in Portland Maine since sophomore year of college. I went to Univ. of Md. Munich campus freshman year (anyone else???). My folks retired in Maine, and my sister Kathy '81 have been here ever since. I ahave been married for almost 22 years, have two boys, 17 and 9 and work in healthcare. I'm really looking forward to connecting with everyone even though I've never met many of you. I always feel a little left out or like I'm missing something great when we get together for my husband's reunions. He and his buds always have so much fun reminiscing. Anyway, looking forward to the reunion.

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 pm 
Poobah

Patti,

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you found your way to our little corner of MAHS cyber space. If you browse the member list, you might see some names you recognize. Bert Law (an early joiner) is someone you may have roamed the halls with, too.

I'm down the road in Mass, don't get to Maine too often, but used to get to a town called Hiram (south of Sebago) every year and hang out on the lake for a weekend or two.

Looking forward to seeing you in D.C. Take care!

Tony

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm 
Perlurker

TonyS82 wrote:
Patti,

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you found your way to our little corner of MAHS cyber space. If you browse the member list, you might see some names you recognize. Bert Law (an early joiner) is someone you may have roamed the halls with, too.

I'm down the road in Mass, don't get to Maine too often, but used to get to a town called Hiram (south of Sebago) every year and hang out on the lake for a weekend or two.

Looking forward to seeing you in D.C. Take care!

Tony

Thanks, Tony! I do remember Bert Law, and I know my sister Kathy does as well. Each day that goes by, we get a little more excited about the reunion. Class of '79 had a 20 year reunion in Denver (I think), and a 25th in Munich but I wasn't able to make either one. I think they both had fairly small turnouts.

Any more word on the DC tour? We are definitely interested.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Patti

Post subject: Tour
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:11 pm 
Poobah

I don't have the latest on a tour option, I'll follow up. The last I heard...and this is going back a couple of weeks...was an organization that operated tours in the area and had a stop at the Holiday Inn to allow folks on and off. And there was some buzz about an Arlington National Cemetary tour.

But let me see what I can nail down!

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:20 pm 
F-Winger

Hi all. Found this list and couldn't believe the number of names that I recognized. Living (stuck?) in south Mississippi now, with a great wife and two beautiful daughters. If anyone remembers me I' d love to hear from you.

I've been in touch with Elke Haussman, Anne Kieth, Cyndi Hylan, Jean-Paul Corbiel, Eric Eways, Dan Wolters, and Karen Haussner over the last few years. Some of us have gotten together a few times for minireunion/ski trips out in Utah; always a hoot.

Looking forward to hearing from any/everyone.

R/
Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm 
Perlurker

Hello Robin,
I wasn't in the class of '79 but I remember you. Your
family lived in the same stairwell as mine in Perlacher. Yours on the
third floor, mine, the second. Our mothers visited each other, and I
knew your sister Petra. I remember I had a huge crush on one of
your friends who I would see when he would visit you. He was a
senior and I was a lowly freshman. Oh well.

Dawn(Phetteplace)Fleitz
Class of '82

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:56 am 
F-Winger

Hello dawn, I believe that I do remember you. Great to hear from you and pass on my regards to your folks.

So... to which buddy of mine were you referring? I'm still in touch with most of them. Perhaps I could pass along the compliment. LOL

Robin

Post subject: HI ROBIN
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:19 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

RobinMcCall79 wrote:
Hi all. Found this list and couldn't believe the number of names that I recognized. Living (stuck?) in south Mississippi now, with a great wife and two beautiful daughters. If anyone remembers me I' d love to hear from you.

I've been in touch with Elke Haussman, Anne Kieth, Cyndi Hylan, Jean-Paul Corbiel, Eric Eways, Dan Wolters, and Karen Haussner over the last few years. Some of us have gotten together a few times for minireunion/ski trips out in Utah; always a hoot.

Looking forward to hearing from any/everyone.

R/
Robin

Robin! It's been a long time since we last had contact via Classmates.com! It's so nice to see you here on our home away from home! Ohhh, Robin, I wish you could've been at our recent reunion! Too bad you found out about this too late! By the way, how did you find the MAHS Forum? If you would, please invite your Munich contacts to come join us! The more the merrier! I think '79 and '80 are underrepresented and we need to get the word out! Wouldya, couldya? Especially Elke, Anne and

Post subject: continued...messed up message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:22 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Cindy, Karen, Dan, Erik.... and the others you mentioned in your post!
I called Cindy's father prior to our D.C. reunion to get her number, but due to too many things going on i didn't get around to calling her. Please let her know that I'd love to hear from her. Elke, too!

Sooooo.... how long have you been in Mississippi?

Later,
Chris :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:44 am 
F-Winger

Chris,

Hello my dear. Great to hear from you. I'll give Elke a call this week and tell her you said to join up. I'll get in touch with the others and have them do the same.

Yes, I hated to miss the reunion. The pictures and input that you all have submitted were/are wonderful. Looking forward to seeing and reading more of them. I'll be making it a point to try and make a reunion each year from now on.

As for being here in MS.... long story. To keep it short, I'm an oceanographer with the Navy. I left the university a few years back once I'd had my fill of their red tape. However, I still retain a position as an adjunct professor with Tulane University. That way I stll keep my feet in academia.

Robin

W: 228.688.5191
rmccall1@tulane.edu
robin.k.mccall@navy.mil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:12 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Greetings, Robin!
How nice to hear back from you! :D
I'm so glad that you are going to get in touch with Elke and Cindy to let them know about this place! I know they are busy women, but from time to time, I do hope they come by and check out the news and post messages!! Where is Erik Eways these days?

Wow! You are serious! " A reunion every year?" Wow! That's ambitious!
I'm bummed you didn't make this past one! :(
Right now the Committee is trying to get nominations for the next one's location, so if you have a preference give a holler out on the Reunion Planning Board! Now's your chance! Also, there is a poll going on right now as to when to have it. After about 10 or more cities have been nominated, yet another poll will help narrow it down, so be on the lookout!

Are you a GS civilian or active duty? If the latter, then you must've been a reservist, for I didn't realize that the military will take old folks like us!!!
Oh, Robin, I jest, we will always remain young! Giggle!

Looking forward to more posts from you and to seeing you at the next reunion!

Thanks for your contact info. below!

Chris :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:23 pm 
F-Winger

Hi Chris,

Yes, I'm serious about hitting more reunions. I love to see folks from the past; regardless of their grad. year.

As for work... I'm a full-time fed., but also a LT in the Naval Reserve. Got off active duty a long time ago and stayed on the reserve side. It's been interesting to say the least.

Erik Eways ended up settling about 1.5 hours from me. He's in Mobile, AL. We've gotten together a couple of times but I haven't seen him in about a year.

Keep in touch. Bis spater.

Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:09 pm 
F-Winger

:P WOW..I am so amazed to see how many people I know on here. Ive been in touch with Kathy Brown,Patti Brown, Robin McCall,John Karp,Terri Stark,Chris Z,Dan Wolter,Aida Martinez, I cant think of the others at this point ....I had spoken to Robin and he gave me the link for this site. I am in Las Vegas,Nv. I have been here for the last 28-29 yrs. I have 2 wonderful daughters 13 and 16....divorced now for 7 yrs. I wish I could make the reunions....deffinately would have had a BLAST!! If anyone gets out to Vegas..let me know when..and maybe we can meet up. Patti and her husband were out here years ago..my husband (x husband) and I met up with them and had a great time..Kathy was in town not to long ago..but unfortunely..I wasnt able to meet up with them...looking forward to hearing from you all..

Take Care, Karen 8)

Post subject: anybody here from 79
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:07 pm 
Perlurker

All these names from the past brings up some awesome memories... :D
This is Kiley Arena and I've been living just outside of Portland, Oregon for the last 12 years. I had to get my yearbook to look up everyone's pictures to see what you guys looked like!!! Does anyone have current photos?

Post subject: Next big reunion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:28 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Hey everyone here is the Next All Year reunion Web Site.
http://www.mahsreunion.myevent.com
Check it out and sign up as a classmate and to recieve more info on the reunion.

Hope to see you all in Dallas, Tx