Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mr Bill.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:47 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Jamie79 wrote:
Yes Dan does have a brother Tim. He lives in Pueblo Colorado. If you want I will get his specifics. Let me know.

Yes! Please do. Many thanks. I've been looking for him for quite a while.

Post subject: Re: Greetings from Oregon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:55 am 
Wind Up Merchant

mark82 wrote:
Hey Hey! Mr Bill! Amazing, and then the high number of 82 people here too. Hello Everyone! So who is Mark? That guy with long blonde hair and a camera around his neck! I s Nadia on here??? :wink:

Hey Mark...good to see you. Glad you finally found the place.

Nadja is a member, I don't know the last time she posted though.

And your hair may have been longISH...

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:53 pm 
Your right! My hair wasn't grown long until I left for my Senior year. But I like to keep the memory of a full head of hair... Wow, all these people I remember so well. I see Wynn is here, Gavin, and so many others. I miss ya all!

Post subject: Re: Mr Bill.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:13 pm 
Mustang!

MrBill82 wrote:
Jamie79 wrote:
Yes Dan does have a brother Tim. He lives in Pueblo Colorado. If you want I will get his specifics. Let me know.

Yes! Please do. Many thanks. I've been looking for him for quite a while.

Mr. Bill,
Well did you find Tim-o? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:39 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Nope...Jamie79 hasn't written back yet...but I'm sure he will. Surely once Timo hears he's being sought, he'll come here looking don't you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 am 
Mustang!

Replied to your email, too. I would hope that he would come looking for the board, even if it was just to get the lay of the land.
:)

Post subject: regarding jamie79
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:19 pm 
F-Winger

He has obviously come up with some sort of mental ailment,
cause there was no way in hell he was better in football than I.
Good to see yer still kicking Jamie.
Bert

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:14 am 
Perlurker

Hello all:

I found this site in a sad way today when another MAHS friend directed me to it to see a mutual friend's (Suzy Greene) "In Memoriam." I've enjoyed kind of looking around today. Some of you I just recognized your names, some I had classes with, and some of you I knew a little better.

I lived in BT, attended MAHS all four years of high school, and graduated in '84. I was active in "school stuff" during my freshman and sophomore years, but then my interests changed and I wasn't involved much after that.

I left Germany in 1985, moved here and there, got married, spent alot of time in California, finally settled in Las Vegas where my parents and brother live, then got divorced. I have a great little boy, Christian, who is almost 10 and way smarter than is good for him or me!

I am a middle school reading and language arts teacher (or, as I sometimes call it, "custodian of the hormonally challenged"). And, to prove just what a small world it is, I have a colleague two doors down from me who also graduated from MAHS, exactly 20 years before me! In reading some of the posts to the Faculty forum, I can see that some of my teachers are there with me in my own classroom, especially Ms. Hanson and Mr. Sanders. (And oh! how I long to be able to speak my mind the way ol' Norma did! Don't think I could get away with it, though!)

Cheers,
Robin Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:47 pm 
Perlurker

I found this website about a month ago. Unfortunately, I learned that one of my best friends from MAHS, Suzy Greene, died a few years ago. It was a very sad thing to find out. I have some really good memories of her.

I’ve been meaning to come back here and post about myself. I see that one of my other best friends from MAHS, Robin Carpenter, has also been here recently. 8-) (We’re still friends.) I do remember a lot of the people that are on this site, although I’m not so sure how many of you will remember me. I graduated in 1983, though I left Munich in 1982 right after my junior year. I lived in Bad Tölz and went to MAHS for three years. I played clarinet in Concert Band as a freshman and then was on the Drill Team during my junior year, but that’s about it for school activities. (Unless you want to count all the trouble I got into for cutting class so much – but we don’t want to go there!)

Let’s see, after leaving Germany my father was stationed in Washington State and that’s where I still live today. I wound up going to beauty school during my senior year of high school and then did an apprenticeship at a “posh” Seattle based salon. I moved to Seattle and worked as a hairdresser for awhile. During that time I went back to school at the University of Washington and got my BA in History. (Ms. Hanson would be proud! Although, astonished is probably more like it considering the complete lack of interest I displayed in her class.)

I met my husband John during my twenties. He’s an army brat too, though he mostly lived in the states when he was growing up. He’s a software engineer. After getting married we had a great time and didn’t even think about having kids until our mid thirties when it suddenly occurred to us that – hey, it might be kind of fun to have a new hobby. During my early thirties I also considered going to graduate school for library science, so I decided to get a job working with the public library to check it out. I still haven’t gotten around to graduate school, but I enjoyed working for the library and stayed there for four years until my son Max (the new hobby!) was a couple of years old. He just turned five. In 2004 I had another little boy named Isaac and these days I’m a stay at home mom with two very active little monkeys.

And there you have it---presto!---20 years boiled down to 20 seconds!

Post subject: Re: A few more people of whom I know
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

jnichols wrote:
I still see/hear of Sandi Davidsen occasionally. Sandi is a senior executive with Lili Pulitzer, the clothing designer. She's successful, driven, and looks great. You'd know her immediately if you saw her.

Some of you may know my sister, Suzanne. Suzanne lives with her husband just north of New York City near Bedford. She has two little boys, and is expecting a third child soon. She has two horses, and a pony for her kids, fulfilling a lifelong dream for her (Suzanne has been horse crazy since we were kids).

I did try to get in touch with Malie/Andrea Flanagan when I was in LA a while ago on business. I called her, and we had a nice catch up talk on the phone, but somehow we didn't get to meet up--too bad. My son watches the kids show she voices, Jakers. When I hear her voice on the show, it always makes me smile :).

Happy holidays all!

Jeff Nichols

I remember Suzanne. Beautiful gal. She was our football manager in the '82 season. I checked my yearbooks after that. How long were y'all in Munich? I don't see her in the '84 yearbook.

Post subject: Tim Shumac
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:12 am 
Perlurker

Ok OK first of all Bert....ur obviously delusional.

Mr.Bill
Tim Shumac
29570 Iris Rd.
Pueblo, CO 81006
719-948-4370

Sorry it took me while to respond....

Post subject: Re: Hey Kiley
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 pm 
F-Winger

Jamie79 wrote:
How's it going.

I used to hang with your brother a lot. Wow....

Do you remember Ivan Bartos...he is a prison warden in i think arizona...how about Dave H plays in a band in Pennsylvania somewhere....

My sister Jackie 78 and Dan Shumac married and live in Colorado.....this site is a trip.

Rabbit Eggs

Miss you dude. DYA and all those trips to the Wienerwald. John Wagner is is Texas and my little brother Tom is in Wyoming. Your sister was a hottie

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:39 pm 
Perlurker

Wow, amazing how the memories start coming back! I'm Steve Gooding from the class of 81 and lived in the forest from 76 to 78 directly across from the movie theater (on the snack shack side...anyone remember Milli?). Some people I remember are Mike Miller, Peter Everett, Phillip Fraser, Mike and Mark Schulz, Charlie Spiering, Mike Dragon, Troy McDaniel, Petra Pechtigam...just to name a few. I had a brother, Mike from class of 79 who also attended MAHS who has since passed away. My family returned to Colorado Springs in 79 where I graduated and I now reside in Kentucky. It's been a blast reading thru the forums!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:49 am 
Dayton Deserter

Hey Steve, nice to meet you. I was class of 82, but didn't move to Munich until 1980. I'm also in Kentucky - near Lexington. Where are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:29 am 
Perlurker

pattydawson wrote:
Hey Steve, nice to meet you. I was class of 82, but didn't move to Munich until 1980. I'm also in Kentucky - near Lexington. Where are you?

Hello Patty, I'm actually just down the road from you in Frankfort. I have a daughter that will be attending Georgetown College in August. Are you in touch with anyone from this roster?
http://munichamericanhs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next