Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Kickin' It Off
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:24 pm 
Poobah

WEC III, thanks for setting this up! My name is Tony Savageau, MAHS class of 1982 and if you look hard enough, you can find me in Massachusetts these days. Anybody else out there yet???

Post subject: Mr. Bill
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:56 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Hey...thanks for showing up...a quick vision thing:

Figured it would be nice to have a board for the Class of 75 through the closing of MAHS. The earlier years are pretty well represented out there, but our years aren't so much. So have at it!

Anyway, I'm Mr. Bill or Walter Chalkley, class of 82, currently residing in Maryland with a wife, two kids (one of them just out of the package a mere five weeks ago), and a mortgage.

NEXT!

Post subject: Class of 1986
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:01 pm 
Perlurker

Well just wanted to see who was out there.....Well I grad from MAHS in 86 and currently live in Houston Texas. Well hope to hear from other's
Clark

Post subject: Glad for the MAHS forum
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:16 pm 
Maybe we can now find some old friends. I moved to Las Vegas in 78 and now live in SC, I'm Married 24+ years to a lovely Wife and three wonderful Children. 2 Boys and 1 Girl who is married. Looking especially for William "Bill" Crum who I believe is still in Germany.

Post subject: Welcome Clark & JAShiles!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:21 pm 
Poobah

Welcome to the board....and thanks for posting!

Clark, What year did you get to MAHS? My brother would have been a year behind you, in 7th grade in 1982 (our last year in Munich). Were you in Sara A., Carla W.'s class?

JA, I entered MAHS in the Fall of '78...may have just missed you.

I've got three kids now myself...2 Boys and a girl.

Let's keep it going!

Post subject: Just Me....David Heddleson 1982
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:40 am 
Perlurker

I am David Heddleson.....graduated in 1982. I had a little rough time in Perlacher Forst and wasn't the best kid.....I'm sorry. Things changed after I went stateside. I was involved in an accident, was in a coma, and woke up with a new attitude. God made it perfectly clear to me how easily my life could be taken. I went ahead and graduated from college with a AAS in Electronics Technology. Can you believe it?!? I took trigonometry and calculus and passed AMAZING!!!! I moved from Chicago to St. Petersburg FL in '85. My first job out of college was with Honeywell as a test tech on the Trident II Missile navigational systems. Cold war ended, I got laid off. Went into biz for myself and opened a quick lube since cars was one of my passions......especially fast ones. I owned that for 12 years, sold it, and am now again self employed as a Bail Bond Agent. My favorite part of that is the fugitive recovery aspects :D . Oh....and did I mention the money :D :D . I like to ride my motorcyles, discover new people on the road, and just go to bike nights and rallies. My hair is long again, but not in the front........that has receded :? . I have a wife and a 12yr old daughter in private school. I would really like to hear from some old MAHs peeps. Most of the guys I hung out with really don't keep in touch or are dead......sad :( . If anyone comes down for vacation, get in touch......727-522-6966.

Post subject: Welcome Dave!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:52 pm 
Poobah

Dave, Welcome to the board! I believe we were in the same Coulter Electronics class our Jr. or Sr. year at MAHS. Enjoy the board and we're hoping it helps a lot of us reconnect. Spread the word!

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:20 am 
Perlurker

Greetings all - I'm Miki Akimoto, graduated MAHS in 1983. And yes, Mr. Akimoto - the Art and Photography teacher - is my dad. I've recently moved to Boston, where I'm working for a group that supports nonprofits and funders in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. My folks are also living nearby.

I've been pretty busy these last 21 years - lived in California, DC, Virginia, Maryland and now Mass. Most of my work has centered around figuring out ways to get systems and organizations to do better by poor and disadvantaged kids and families. I've done quite a bit of traveling and am really happy to taking up this new job.

Great idea to set up this board, T and W! Nice to see some familiar names already.

Cheers, Miki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:19 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Miki! Very nice to see you! Check your message box!

David, I remember you, great you made it to the board!

And all you folks who have registered (DonP81, Eric - THE POET I believe, Mike) but haven't posted: What are you waiting for?!?! Your classmates want to hear from you...everyone is interested in what happened to everyone else.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:04 am 
Perlurker

I'm Nika, MAHS class of '81. Spent my childhood years in Munich until I turned 10, moved to NY for 5 years and returned to Munich in '79 for my last 2 years of HS.

I graduated from UMASS, Amherst in '85, moved to the DC area and began working for the DoD as an analyst/linguist. PCSed back to Munich in '89, sadly watched the community close down. My offices moved to BA where I worked until '94. Met my husband in Munich and we've been married since '91. Returned stateside in '94 and now live in MD with 2 sons - Spencer is 9 and Kurt is 7. I quit DoD after 10 years to raise my kids and now have a successful home business, impacting the lives of children everywhere. Both our boys have a myriad of neurological disabilities so that takes up a lot of my time.

Would love to hear from fellow classmates!
Nika

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:49 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Nika! Hey, how's it going? You're in Boyds eh? About 30 miles from me here in Frederick. Weren't you in Westminster before? If you ever come to Frederick, shoot me an email, we can meet for coffee or something.

Post subject: Re: Just Me....David Heddleson 1982
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:21 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

The same star basketball player at MAHS? You looked like the guy in Starsky and Hutch?

DaveH82 wrote:
I am David Heddleson.....graduated in 1982. I had a little rough time in Perlacher Forst and wasn't the best kid.....I'm sorry. Things changed after I went stateside. I was involved in an accident, was in a coma, and woke up with a new attitude. God made it perfectly clear to me how easily my life could be taken. I went ahead and graduated from college with a AAS in Electronics Technology. Can you believe it?!? I took trigonometry and calculus and passed AMAZING!!!! I moved from Chicago to St. Petersburg FL in '85. My first job out of college was with Honeywell as a test tech on the Trident II Missile navigational systems. Cold war ended, I got laid off. Went into biz for myself and opened a quick lube since cars was one of my passions......especially fast ones. I owned that for 12 years, sold it, and am now again self employed as a Bail Bond Agent. My favorite part of that is the fugitive recovery aspects :D . Oh....and did I mention the money :D :D . I like to ride my motorcyles, discover new people on the road, and just go to bike nights and rallies. My hair is long again, but not in the front........that has receded :? . I have a wife and a 12yr old daughter in private school. I would really like to hear from some old MAHs peeps. Most of the guys I hung out with really don't keep in touch or are dead......sad :( . If anyone comes down for vacation, get in touch......727-522-6966.

Post subject: Gavin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:40 pm 
Playin' the Ponies

Gavin here. Class of '82, MAHS 1979-1981. You know: skinny, long hair badly (self) cut, brown cords, red shirt ... I lived in Neubiberg while attending MAHS. From there, back to California (Frisco Bay Area), Alaska ('83-'86), Peru, Arizona (14 years total), Hawaii ('91-'92), back to Arizona, back to Peru, back to Arizona, then Orange County '01 to present but often in Tucson (AZ) too; plus lots of side trips mixed in. Been doing archaeology since Munich pretty much. Three kids who keep me on my toes: daughters (ages 16 and 12), and 8 year old son. When I don't have anything better to do, I go to the horse races.

So, anybody remember me (besides you, Mr. Bill)?

Post subject: Hi all
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:14 pm 
Hi there, this is Beth Ziegler (now Soltis), graduated from MAHS in 86. Hi Clark, I remember you, what exactly are you up to in TX? How's your sister Beth? I am in Madison, WI. Do market research for the Credit Union National Association. Married, just had my second baby -- he's five weeks old, similar to someone else who posted. It's fun to hear what folks are up to, thanks to Marika for posting the link to this site on the yahoo club page.

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:52 pm 
WienerWalder

I'm Susan Fieberling (now Anderson), class of '82 (woohoo!). I live in Denver with my husband, John, and 3 cats. After leaving Germany I lived in Denver, Detroit, Minneapolis (where I met John) and then back in Denver. I have a BA in Math (Mr. Coulter would be proud) and an MS in Statistics, but I work as a Java coder at IBM. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up!

I think this forum will be fun -- it's great to see some names that I know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next