It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Alex Rudic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:31 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Alex Rudic - Class of 1971

Post subject: ALEX we miss you
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:44 pm 
What a man. Alex played on the 1971 European American High Schools soccer championship team.

Post subject: Alex Rudic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:22 pm 
Mustang!

Loveable guy !

Miss him deeply.

" du wirst immer ein Teil von mir sein " :!:

Post subject: Alex Rudich--How did he pass away???
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:54 pm 
Perlurker

I ran across your website recently and decided to check out your in memoriam section. I was shocked to see the name of Alex Rudich (yes, that is correct spelling unless he changed it). Alex was a good friend of mine during our junior year at MAHS ('69-'70). He was smart, sensitive, and struggling to find himself as a Yugoslav living in Germany and going to an American school. We spent many hours together just talking, and I have often thought of him over the years. Your notice of his death does not indicate how or where he died, or any details about where he lived. Does anyone have this information? How did you hear of his passing?
I'd be grateful to know more. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Poobah

Hi Liz,

I don't have a lot of details...but I think we may have heard about his passing from one of our sister MAHS sites. There is a thread with links to other sites, one of which is frequented by an early to mid-70's crowd.

If you can't find the link, let me know and I'll track it down and put a plug in for it here.

Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Didn't realize anyone had responded to my request. Yes, I'd appreciate any help you can offer in tracking info about Alex's death. He is mentioned a couple of times on this site, but no one seems to know what happened to him. We all go back before your time (70-71). Alex would have graduated in '71. I'm not the best at Internet chat or searches, so will appreciate your advice on this one. Thanks. Will check in sooner next time...

Liz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:36 pm 
Perlurker

According to a post at another MHS web site, he died of a stroke in Serbia in 2003.
Here is URL for the web site: http://www.myclasswebsite.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

Then, click on the "Mustang Messenger" link on the left. Scroll to the bottom of the page, at the right side, click on the carrot next to the Mustang Messenger text, and click on the Class of 71 Roster. Scroll down to find his name. The URL should be: http://www.myclasswebsite.net/forums/in ... SF&s=&f=62

There's very little additional information. Dejan Cokic is one of the site's administrators ad may have more information. His site name is Merkur101. You might have to register at the site to send him a message or email, or to post anything.

Here is a link to a picture of the championship JV soccer team, posted at Jan Celt's site: http://home.teleport.com/~flyheart/soccer.htm

Post subject: Alex's Passing
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 pm 
Perlurker

Don't know who you are Cito, but thanks for the info about Alex. I
am grateful.

Liz

Post subject: Re: Alex Rudic
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:30 pm 
Perlurker

The other web site for MAHS school shut down about two or so years ago. Dejan Cokic was the last administrator of the sight. I was able to get contact with Alex Rudich via his home town web sight in Novi Sad. I wrote the mayor and he knew Alex and was able to hook us up. We shared two or three emails and then nothing. I received an email from a friend of his indicated he had died of a brain hemorage. Alex, from what I understand, was a cancer researcher from the stand point of nuclear physics. He published several works. He graduated from Belgrade University and had three sons. Dejan did an extensive internet search for any information but to no avail. Miss the fella.