Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ms. Norma Hanson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:10 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Norma Hanson, History/Social Studies teacher

We've all got our own Ms. Hanson stories certainly, some of them have already been recounted in the Faculty and Staff section. She was a character in the very best meaning of the word and, more importantly, she knew her history. Same song, second verse....

Again, I have no dates or any other particulars, if anyone else does, please post them.

Post subject: Norma Jean Hanson
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:29 pm 
Perlurker

Good gods almighty! I honestly thought that woman was invincible! My history class with her was - ah - memorable to say the least. I remember one awful time when her and I were at it (as usual :? ) when I don't kwow what came over me - she ALWAYS had a cup of coffee on her desk as she perched her butt on the corner and lectured (on and on and on). For some reason, she left the class and being me being perverse and god knows what else, got up and spit in her coffee. She came back and drank the whole cup. I have never, ever done anything like that before or after. It obviously made an imprint on me as I've never forgotten how idiotic a thing it was to do. :cry:

Kiley

Post subject: Good-bye Norma Jean....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:38 pm 
F-Winger

I adored Ms. Hanson. She had to be one of my favorite teachers at MAHS. She would bum cigs from us and have a smoke with us in the smoking area from time to time - I've even had a beer w/ good old Norma. I hated History, but all of her quirks and whatnots made it truly memorable. She's one of my heroes (I mean look what she had to endure, aside from not being able to find harris tweed by the yard in London). She will be missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 pm 
Perlurker

I LOVED THIS WOMAN, I ACTUALLY TOOK HER CLASSES FOR ELECTIVES. SHE WAS ANODD DUCK, BUT SHE TAUGHT ME SKILLS THAT GOT ME THROUGH COLLEGE. SHE WAS AWSOME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:42 pm 
Perlurker

Man Ms Hanson..I'll never forget her.She really had a sense of humor and everybody loved her.She along with Mr Butler made history class some of the most fun classes.

Post subject: Ms. Hanson
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:47 pm 
Perlurker

I also remember that always present cup of coffee. After taking roll she would always take it down to the office herself. One day a guy put frog legs in her coffee. While teaching & drinking you could see her eyes open wide when she finally saw them. She displayed no other reaction - she simply threw the cup away, told the only student in the class that let out a peep that she would see him after class & then continued on.

She had a soft side. I had a serious leg injury & she always made sure I was comfortable and asked questions about my recovery.

One of those teachers you learned to appreciate later down the road.