Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lee Phillips
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:03 am 
Perlurker

Wow, I just found this website and have read all the great things about Lee. He was very special and I think of him often as well. We dated on/off our senior year and he took me to the prom. I have some wonderful memories of him in Munich and do have to agree that he was so full of life, energy, and adventure. He LOVED cars and would often just drive me around in his parents mercedes or bmw. I know he was excited about the MG his dad got him and he couldn't wait to drive it. One of the hardest days was saying goodbye to him in June84...we were both very close by then and it was incredibly painful. I didn't hear much from him that summer and was a little bummed but I kept calling and writing. Our last phone call was a couple of days before his birthday and it was so great...he was very excited about the road rally with Kevin and seemed happy with everything. He vowed to come back to Germany the next summer and travel with me.
Well, the news of his accident was awful..right before his birthday. I talked and wrote to his mom a few times after that and it was painful. Over the years I often regret not having kept in touch with them or hope that Trevor is doing ok...I tutored him a little by the way!
Well, last year we moved to Virginia and I was able to track down where he was buried. I've vistited a few times b/c it's only about 20min. away. It's very peaceful there in Manassas; nice chapel, beautiful headstone. So, I think it's great that so many people have posted their memories of him and shared. He was truly a funny, charming, handsome guy!
From, Christine Hollingworth