It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Robin Tosti
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:46 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:10 pm 
Perlurker

I remember Robin as my coaches oldest daughter, my classmates sister and my teammates' sister. She was always serious on the court and a barrel of laughs at school and on the bus rides.

The first day back, they tried to counsel students on how to deal with it and I found myself spending the lunch hour in Mr. Butlers' classroom, listening to him play that sax.

Post subject: Robin wrote this in my yearbook in the summer of 79
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:54 am 
Mustang!

Just to remind our friends out there what a good sense of humor she had..."Well Russy Baby, It's been um different having you in Mr. Mills' (our honey) typing class. As you know I just love when you bring up the subject of the good ole USA. You know, your teasing me about your upcoming trips to Taco Bell and Pizza Hut and a real American Mc Donalds and the Malls...or this one is real hard, when was the last time I had a "Slurpy" ? I would love to kick your little ---- but I know some very distinguished + respected people will be reading this message as it goes down in history. But, what can I say? It's been fun (believe it or not) + I hope you have a "gut" time Stateside, as I am positively sure you will! I hope you drown yourself in your little pool or your plane will go down, or maybe... Take care, Luv ya, Robin (V Ball star) P. S. Mills + Russy=Luv 4 Ever ha ha ha!" She wrote that about three months before the accident. I was already back in Texas when I got the news. It was the first time in my life that I lost a friend. For those of you who knew her, I'm sure you'll agree that Robin was destined for greatness. She was smart, a gifted athlete and as you can tell from my yearbook...she had a great wit. Life is truly unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 am 
Perlurker

Thanks for the nice words written about my sister, Robin. So many years have passed, but seems like last year we lost her. Amazing that our lives have continued without her. Her smile will never be forgotten and I only wish she could see all her nieces and nephews.

Jill Tosti McDonough

Post subject: Robin
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:23 pm 
Perlurker

I remember when I heard about the accident - I couldn't believe someone who had SOOO much life in her and was SOOO fun to be around could be gone. I was at the movies with my sister when she passed and I left her there to run over to the Tosti's house. I remember knocking on the door and Mrs. Tosti answered it; she held out her arms and I can remember crying like I've never cried before in my life. What a beautiful person she was and I too still miss her.

Kiley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:07 pm 
Mustang!

I remember this sad day like it was yesterday. I was on the bus going to basketball practice on McGraw Kaserne, and arrived shortly after the accident. I'll never forget the sadness and sense of loss that was felt by the school and the entire Munich community.

"Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast."
- Bob Dylan