Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David Parmele
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:33 pm 
My friend David tragically lost his life in an automobile accident Saturday morning, 1 Oct while on his way to the airport in Atlanta.

Although he didn't attend MAHS, many of us knew him from the U of M where he left a lasting impression on most of us that knew him. David's outgoing character, humor and energy was hard to miss or forget.

For those in the DFW area, services for Dave will be held at the Restland Funeral Home at 13005 Greenville Avenue, Dallas TX on Thursday, Oct 6 at 1130. A visit at the funeral home is also availabe between 6 and 8PM on Wednesday evening. A service is also planned for the VA/MD area where spent much of his life growing up. I'll post those details when I get them.

-George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:28 pm 
George,

I am so sorry, I personally did not know him, but I understand the loss. Love and prayers to the family and friends.

Danielle class of 86.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:37 pm 
F-Winger

I remember meeting Dave the summer of 84 at the little O'fest. I also remember him attending U of M and hanging out at the Boot Room.

He was outgoing and had a great sense of humor. He was always up for a good prank. I am sorry that he lost his life so young. What a tragedy.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:02 pm 
For anyone in the DC area that would like to attend, there will be a memorial sersvice held for Dave on Sat 5 Nov at 1 PM at the Own Brown Interfaith Center off Cradlerock Way in Columbia MD.

-George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:52 pm 
Perlurker

As his gal-pal and first wife, I can say that he really didn't have any enemies. Those who decided not to like him were forced into being friendly by his gregarious nature, his smile, his feigned foreign-accented quotes (i.e. "You silly american pig-dog - you!") (that one done in a French accent), and his childlike antics. A lover cars, and especially atique/classics he was known stateside many places by his beloved "Betsy" - a metallic blue 1939 Chevy pickup he kept in storage in Baltimore while he was in Germany. If you knew Daivd, you most certainly saw a picture of of this relic. By all accounts, it should not have even started after all that time in storage - but it did. In fact, at last count, he had over 300,000 miles on it.

He was survived by his parents, brother, two children and nameless love interests, but his mother has gone on to meet him now, succumbing to ovarian cancer just this week.

All that knew him usually remembered him. Tall David with his tall tales and smiles.

Racheal

Post subject: To George
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:38 am 
Perlurker

Hi there, I couldn't find your name on the list but will just email you here. I remember being in German class with you at UofM with Schmalzbauer?sp!! And going on that field trip to the Kloster Andechs...well if you can call it a field trip with all that beer! Anway, on a more somber note..and not knowing this for sure but it just dawned on me. I didn't really know Dave Parmele, almost actually forgot but now I"m thinking he lived in Bogenhausen. Now this is the weird part...didn't he live in the same unit where the Phillips lived? I vaguely recall this and now reading about his car wreck reminds me also about Lee.....hmmm. But, maybe my memory isn't correct. Anway, I'm sorry to hear about this loss of your friend and send my condolences.
christine hollingsworth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:30 pm 
Mustang!

I'm deeply saddened to hear of Dave's passing. He was a great guy with a great sense of humor, and I'll never forget the fun time we had in Lloret de Mar, Spain.

"Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast."
- Bob Dylan