Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:23 pm 
Mustang!

By the way, Mr. Bill, I think you should make it so that people have to log in...I am always so curious as to who those guests are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:46 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

JoAnn82 wrote:
By the way, Mr. Bill, I think you should make it so that people have to log in...I am always so curious as to who those guests are!

I'm reasonably sure they're all John. In fact, I was going to change John's log-in name to "Guest" just to make things easier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:53 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

JoAnn82 wrote:
Tony, I still don't hear too many of us woman chiming in about our horror stories and driving! Hmmm, might there be a connection.........(And I am not talking about whether or not we turn on our headlights when we go into a tunnel...I am talking "lucky to be alive" stories!)

I'm thinking guys might actually notice when they do something in a car that almost gets them (and others) killed...

I'm thinking we're sort of analytical that way...

I'm also thinking I'm about to catch a load of scheiße....

Post subject: Uh oh...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 pm 
Poobah

MrBill82 wrote:
I'm thinking guys might actually notice when they do something in a car that almost gets them (and others) killed...

I'm thinking we're sort of analytical that way...

Whoa...JoAnn, you're gonna let Butch throw down like that??!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:41 pm 
Mustang!

With our senses engaged 24/7 (a proven scientific fact), I am CERTAIN that there is not a thing that happens on the road that we are not aware of!

Just face it, you are all lucky to be alive, and us women are here because we are smart!

Post subject: Walter...your volley?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:17 pm 
Poobah

OK Walt...game's on...your turn...

I don't know about ALL women, but JoAnn certainly knows of what she speaks here. While she was taking U of M calculus classes (when did you start those, by the way, in 4th grade??) it was all I could do to learn the Dewey decimal system from Ms. Coffey up in the Library!! :lol:

This driving stuff is causing quite a stir, maybe you guys should start on something less controversial, you know, like politics or religion!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:32 am 
Mustang!

Or how about global warming???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:29 pm 
F-Winger

It pains me to think how old I am...I have taken Daniel out for his driving time on 495 (all weather conditions) and as a result have lost most of my hair and the remaining hair is all grey. Kids do drive to early and the system is not nearly challenging enough to prepare the kids to drive. I became a convert when a driving instructor pointed out my greatest opportunity to influence driving habits was 16-18 years of age (after that off they go to school...); however, time will tell if we made the right decision to let Daniel start driving at 16 1/2.

Hoops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:55 am 
Wind Up Merchant

Hoops'82 wrote:
It pains me to think how old I am...I have taken Daniel out for his driving time on 495 (all weather conditions) and as a result have lost most of my hair and the remaining hair is all grey.

You're a better man than I am...there are times when I can't stand to be on 495 and fear for my life. But, that said, if they can handle that and a little city driving, they've probably got it made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:56 am 
Wind Up Merchant

JoAnn82 wrote:
Or how about global warming???

Now now...

Post subject: Girl story . . .
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:11 am 
F-Winger

Not from your class (nor do I have, uh, class), but I do have a deer story. And your class thread is definitely the most entertaining. And I'm a girl. So . . . it was late one night in Virginia almost two decades ago and I did have a few cocktails earlier in the night. But - honestly - I wasn't drunk. Or too drunk. Or - at least - not as drunk as I have been since.
I was, however, I thought, too inebriated to drive the 50+ miles home so I was headed to a friend's house.
Bottom line - I woke up driving into a ditch. Other bottom line - I told my Dad I was swerving to miss a DEER. God, they come in handy.

Also, I too disagree with letting kids drive at 16. My daughter is only eight, but I've always thought that putting a 16-year old in control of several tons of metal or steel was not a good idea. No matter how good the judgment. They can't even see R-rated movies, for God's sake! Or vote! What's wrong with this system??? I do understand the need for the sons of the farmers HAVING to drive the freaking tractors so the family can do the harvest thing and ultimately survive, but it doesn't require the rest of the nation to jeopardize their kids!! Ugh. I've always felt strongly about this issue!

And yes, because John Gatt doesn't remember me, please change his name forever to "guest"! : )

It's Erin (Williams) Ballentine trying to get in touch with the class of freaking 1984!! Where are you? Mary Gatt? Mimi Strong? Debbie Pierce? Jackie, Tiffany? Meg and Cathy Conrad? Mike Miller? Mimi, Mark or Rob Strong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:35 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

I definitely agree with everyone else-- very strong family resemblance, there. Elias does look a lot like your sister, I think it's that sideways look and that smile that cinches it.

I know what you mean about the kids, I keep mine on such a tight leash, they don't have a dad to be the heavy so it's always my job. Julian is learning how to drive and I've worn down the brakes on the passenger side of the car. Everytime I hit them nothing happens!! My 13 year old Isabella I know must be the spawn of the devil. (overexaggeration). She is so beautiful, everyone says so, then when we are alone the horns and tail grows. I keep telling people but they can't believe she could ever be anything but perfect.

anyway-- the boys are very handsome!! You look awesome!!! as usual!

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:34 pm 
Mustang!

Susi, you are too kind about how I look! I am feeling the effects of forty years and several children! Thank goodness for that color in a bottle to hide the real hair color!

You know, I noticed the same thing about the brakes on my passenger side...I think we need to write a letter to someone...not sure who that would be though. I do believe that your child can be an angle among the masses and then turn on you when you are home. My boys don't do quite the 180, but my friend from college has a daughter who does that exact same thing! Scary! Good luck with surviving that!

Well, I am off to Florida tomorrow to spend spring break with my in-laws...should be good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:19 pm 
F-Winger

It is very weird in a site dedicated to paying homage to JoAnn, to find such a deep discussion about me. JoAnn, I don't see it either. Maybe a light resemblance, I don't know. I need to send you guys a photo of my kids. My son looks like he is Half Jakup (JoAnn's oldest) and half Elias (JoAnn's youngest.

I must be missing a link somewhere. I did not see an homage to JoAnn in the Then section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:25 pm 
F-Winger

On the subject of boys and cars...My nephew (on my husband's side) totalled his car (roll over accident) on his very FIRST unsupervised drive. His younger brother was in the car with him. No one was hurt, but he now needs a new car. Oh yeah, He is no longer allowed to watch movies when he drives....lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next