Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Erin Williams (Ballentine)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:24 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

Erin Williams...Class of 84!

Post subject: One is a Lonely Number - so what is Zero?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:35 pm 
Okay - every time I log on NO ONE has responded so I'm responding to myself (and no, I've never sent flowers to myself - and yes, this is February 13, and no - still not doing it - too busy watching the Grammy's!).
Now at least I should have ONE FREAKING response in my little column. From me. That's all I want. God I'm easy. I mean - yeah, okay, easy.
Anyway - I wish I actually knew Mr. Bill or Tony S. because - although I was on yearbook with Mr. B and he swears he remembers me - they are simply the two coolest guys on this website and - like everyone has said - thank you guys so much for putting this together. I actually have heard from some old friends from '84 - just waiting for them to become as cool as we are (and actually register on this site) . . . or have too much time to spend . . . or . . . yes, become this cool. xoxo - Erin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:46 pm 
Mustang!

Erin, I saw your picture now and I looked you up in the yearbook...and I don't recognize you at all. You probably remember my sister, Katrin, cause she graduated the same year as you. I keep trying to get her to visit this site, but she is so busy with her life, I guess.

Anyway, I do want to let you know that you look amazing! The years have been very good to you. If we have a reunion that spans several years, then maybe you and I will meet!

So, there...now there are two replies posted! (And, I actually did want to post something here before, I just didn't know what to say, since I don't remember you! sorry!)

Post subject: Erin gets another post!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:09 pm 
Poobah

Erin, you deserve another post for your debut! Nicely said...you know though...I worked with you on that '82 yearbook...although Mr. Bill took all the credit as "Editor", I helped, really...I did...he might even admit it! :lol:

Don't worry about your '84 cronies...Mary Gatt has thrown down the gauntlet and promises me the class of '84 will soon outpace the class of '82 on the board. I told her to bring it on! I hope all the classes take the challenge.

How 'bout that Janis Joplin tribute on the Grammy's? I'll never forget during my Sophomore (or was it Freshman year...maybe I will forget) we went on a School in the Snow/Project Bold type thing in Bertchesgaden and her sister was the 'special guest'. She brought out her guitar and sang some songs for us. You could tell they were related and it was painful for her to remember her sister, but she did. Hooper will remember that week! Does anyone else??

Keep on posting...Mr. Bill's giving out special tributes to posters, you've got graduate from a Perlurker to a Mustang or F-Winger!

Tony

Post subject: Re: Erin gets another post!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:01 am 
Wind Up Merchant

TonyS82 wrote:
Erin, you deserve another post for your debut! Nicely said...you know though...I worked with you on that '82 yearbook...although Mr. Bill took all the credit as "Editor", I helped, really...I did...he might even admit it! :lol:

WILL YOU GET OVER THAT! I didn't do it intentionally! As I recall, whoever did the senior section put me down as editor and you as co-editor, ALSO probably unintentionally! In the yearbook section, we are given our rightful credit and I have been SURE, in the quarter century since, to give you all the credit you deserve every time I'm interviewed in the media!

However, I do agree...Erin's post is top notch and says exactly what a 40-year-old periodically living in the past likes to hear! But I really don't know why she would doubt I'd remember her...we actually crossed paths long before yearbook and she had every reason NOT to think so highly of me!!!

And I agree with JoAnn as well...the years have been most kind to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:00 am 
WienerWalder

Erin,

It took a quick glance in the old yearbooks, but I remember you. I've noticed a few folks from your class on the board, including my sister Mary. Mary still keeps in contact with alot of them. Sean McDade recently joined the board.

You look fantastic and certainly have aged better then most.

Do you keep up with other classmates?

Post subject: Join the Class of '84 thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:59 pm 
WienerWalder

Ok Erin, you need to check in at the Class of '84 thread. I do agree with my brother.......you have aged much better than most. Is "aged" a good word? I'm thinking NOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:37 am 
F-Winger

Wow. Thanks for such cool compliments! If I've done okay in the aging category it's probably because it took me so freaking long to grow up ( mean, it's TAKING me so long). Also, it's amazing what a bottle of hair color can do :) (now I make sure to get the "cover your gray" option).

Tony - missed the Janis tribute on the Grammy's but love your Janis story! Too cool! And of course I know who you are! Okay, not from yearbook, but definitely from roaming the halls . . .

John - you don't REMEMBER ME? I had the hugest crush on you and you were always such a pain in the ass! God.

JoAnn - yes, I remember both you and Katrin! You were two years older, I think? - but adorable as was your sister. Honesly - I was pretty quiet - didn't drink (made up for that), didn't do sports except one un-memorable track season - so it's not surprising you don't remember me.
I'm not nearly as offended as JOHN FREAKING GATT not remembering me! : )

Mary - we must get in touch and chat - e-mail me here or at erinballentine@earthlink.net - so we can catch up. Last time I saw you was at your wedding, I think? And I'm definitely checking out the '84 thread now. Thanks for starting it! Hope all is well!! xoxo - Erin.

It's Erin (Williams) Ballentine trying to get in touch with the class of freaking 1984!! Where are you? Mary Gatt? Mimi Strong? Debbie Pierce? Jackie, Tiffany? Meg and Cathy Conrad? Mike Miller? Mimi, Mark or Rob Strong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:41 am 
F-Winger

Wow. Thanks for such cool compliments! If I've done okay in the aging category it's probably because it took me so freaking long to grow up ( mean, it's TAKING me so long). Also, it's amazing what a bottle of hair color can do :) (now I make sure to get the "cover your gray" option).

Tony - missed the Janis tribute on the Grammy's but love your Janis story! Too cool! And of course I know who you are! Okay, not from yearbook, but definitely from roaming the halls . . .

John - you don't REMEMBER ME? I had the hugest crush on you and you were always such a pain in the ass! God.

JoAnn - yes, I remember both you and Katrin! You were two years older, I think? - but adorable as was your sister. Honesly - I was pretty quiet - didn't drink (made up for that), didn't do sports except one un-memorable track season - so it's not surprising you don't remember me.
I'm not nearly as offended as JOHN FREAKING GATT not remembering me! : )

Mary - we must get in touch and chat - e-mail me here or at erinballentine@earthlink.net - so we can catch up. Last time I saw you was at your wedding, I think? And I'm definitely checking out the '84 thread now. Thanks for starting it! Hope all is well!! xoxo - Erin.

It's Erin (Williams) Ballentine trying to get in touch with the class of freaking 1984!! Where are you? Mary Gatt? Mimi Strong? Debbie Pierce? Jackie, Tiffany? Meg and Cathy Conrad? Mike Miller? Mimi, Mark or Rob Strong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:04 am 
WienerWalder

Do you have any idea of how many beers I've consumed between my senior year in high school and now?

I apologize for the confusion. I have always had a hard time aging people in my mind. In my mind, every is fixed at an age in time and they never grow old (wishful thinking).

Seriously Erin, you look fantastic.

Post subject: Original!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:24 am 
F-Winger

Isn't that the theme of some song? Yes, yes, yes - the name is escaping me - as names often do - but it's Lynard Skynard (sp?) or someone . . . you die, but everyone remembers you young . . . dammit. Eric Clapton? What is that song????? Anyway - clearly you aren't the only one with memory / beer consuming issues. Not that I was a highlight in your life by any means. I was a mere lowly friend of Mary's, one of many! So - of course I'm kidding - but you wouldn't remember my sarcastic sense of humor - obviously! : ) Anyway - you too look fantastic, by the way and also look very happy. If you and your wife are ever in the ATL, look me up! That way, 25 years from now, you can NOT remember me again! It's a fun cycle, I'm sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:20 pm 
Perlurker

Erin,

I'm writing this for my sister, Debbie Pierce (Kissel). Her computer crashed so I read her your note from way back in February 2005. She is doing great... we live in Minnesota, she has been married for almost 20 years and has 4 kids (ages 9, 8, 5 and 3). She is currently staying home but is at times anxious to get back to "work"... as if staying home with 4 kids isn't hard enough. She will write you when her computer is up and running.

Carrie (Pierce) Hermann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:09 pm 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hey erin,
sorry i'm a year late, but i just signed on. and i remember you perfectly well. you were good friends with deb and she introduced us. you look adorable. but you did then too. and as for the crush on john gatt, i thought it was lenny vitulo. or was it that he had the crush on you?
jojo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 pm 
Mustang!

Erin, where the hell are you? I sent you a pm, no response. In response to jo's message..erin, had a long list of beaus, as did jojo..I've been remembering alot of things lately. Although you two scored quite a few, unlike myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:56 am 
Thinking About Getting a Life

hmmm... i don't remember a long list of beaus in reference to myself. i do sort of remember erin with a few boyfriends though. and i remember very well deb's list of significant/insignificant others. mostly though, i remember us as being in a group of girls, going out a lot to o'fests and such, and you and i tended to be the ones who went home not draped upon the arm of some obliging lad. i too am remember more and more as i put my mind to it. its really fun!