Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Football, Mustang style!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:06 pm 
Mustang!

It's funny, I only played my senior year.....and we had our first winning season in 7 years. Besides track, and wrestling, football at Mahs was a great time. Old equipment, worn out uniforms and no field of our own, we had a blast. I miss the pure violence that was high school football, I miss the friends that I made (and we never went to jail....hehe). :twisted:
I played for my Base in the Air Force (Hahn Air Base Germany), but it wasn't the same. I also continued track and wrestling, in the Air Force. Still not the same, one of my teachers said that high school would be remembered as a magical time, he was right. To all my sports comrades, Go Mustangs!
Eric L. 82'

Post subject: football equipment
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:00 pm 
F-Winger

sounds like you wore the same buckle-up hip pads i had.
I had to cinch that damn belt after every play..heh
Bert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:33 pm 
Mustang!

Some of the guys on our team had to share equipment, lucky enough I have a big head and nobody had worn my helmut in years.....hehe.
Eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:52 pm 
F-Winger

Hi Eric, I was the manager/statistician for the team. Remember me? The football trips were great. Were you on the bus trip to Ansbach when the bus was in a wreck? What about playing in Augsburg in the mud? Compared to the Munich team, pee-wee football is more "big time" here in Texas than we ever were. But it sure made for a lot of great memories. Wish you well, Sherri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:49 pm 
Mustang!

Hi Sherri, I do remember the Augsburg game, we crushed them if I remember right (mud games were too much fun). It's good to hear from you again........you should send Butch a current picture, it's fun to see how everyone turned out.
Eric

Post subject: Hey Eric and Sherri
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:47 pm 
Perlurker

Hi Eric and Sherri,

Hope you all are doing well. I played a bit of college football, but Munich was a blast. Hope you all are doing well.

Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:59 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

That was one of the best things about going to a tiny DoDDS school... my senior year, Fall of '83, I was 5'10" and 165 lbs... and was starting DT... What a great time. Couldn't have done _that_ anywhere else in the states. I wanted to intentionally flunk American Gov't so I would have to repeat and play again the next fall!

Thanks to Roger Thyen, Steve Berry, Dave Penrod, and all of my brothers-in-arms that fall... and especially Coach Goodwin and Coach "Holy-Crap-He-Really-Does-Speak-English" Manuel!

GO MUSTANGS, BEAT AUGSBURG (which we did that year)!

Rob Foore, MAHS '84

Lobstah4@gmail.com

AIM: Lobstah4
Y!IM: rnfoore@yahoo.com
MSNIM: Lobstah4@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:50 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

rnfoore wrote:
That was one of the best things about going to a tiny DoDDS school... my senior year, Fall of '83, I was 5'10" and 165 lbs... and was starting DT... What a great time. Couldn't have done _that_ anywhere else in the states. I wanted to intentionally flunk American Gov't so I would have to repeat and play again the next fall!

Thanks to Roger Thyen, Steve Berry, Dave Penrod, and all of my brothers-in-arms that fall... and especially Coach Goodwin and Coach "Holy-Crap-He-Really-Does-Speak-English" Manuel!

GO MUSTANGS, BEAT AUGSBURG (which we did that year)!

You were only 165? For some reason, I thought you were bigger. Did you really like Goodwin that much? I thought the Coaches were duds, but I did go to a big football school prior to Munich so there was no comparison. Our coaches at that school in AZ were so hardcore, they'd shave their heads along with the players and regularly hit football camps to become better coaches!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:33 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

Quote:
You were only 165? For some reason, I thought you were bigger.

Well, I just played a lot bigger. LOL Hey, seriously, thanks, Moose, that is a supreme compliment coming from a real football player like you. You made my evening.

I had no basis for comparison for the coaches-- I walked on and started my senior year (the only year I played)-- they were good guys, and I had a blast... except for that #@&%)#%ing Irish Mile...

Rob Foore, MAHS '84

Lobstah4@gmail.com

AIM: Lobstah4
Y!IM: rnfoore@yahoo.com
MSNIM: Lobstah4@hotmail.com