Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Basketball Days!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:00 pm 
WienerWalder

Anyone remember the good old days when we took buses to all of our basketball games? The train to Berlin to play in the tournament? I can remember to listening to alot of REO Speedwagon. What do you remember about the time you played basketball for MAHS?

Post subject: b-ball
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:04 pm 
Mustang!

I remember a lot of bench sitting! Basketball was not my best sport but I tried hard! The trips were a lot of fun also.

Post subject: Kristin Wilson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:57 pm 
WienerWalder

Many probably remember Kristin dominating the inside during play.

I have attached an article found by my sister Mary indicating how she apparantly continued the excellence after leaving Munich.

http://charlotte49ers.collegesports.com ... 03aaa.html

Having your number retired is awesome especially considering some the company from the same school.

John Gatt

Post subject: Very Cool!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:28 pm 
Poobah

John, thanks for the link. Kristin, that's very cool, you're too modest!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:38 pm 
F-Winger

John thanks for posting that article on Kristin!

Kristin how awesome! I always knew you would go on to great things! I am honored that I got to play with you at Munich.

I remember Mr. Butler's banquets, he always compared us to some NBA basketball star based on who he thought we resembled during our time playing. He was such an awesome coach; we won the championship ever year I was there.

Post subject: Basketball days on the bench
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:48 am 
Mustang!

Let's get all those bench riders to report in. Shelly Williamson number one rider of the pine! It was fun though. I really wasn't too good at b-ball anyway. But I tried hard..

Post subject: Talk about the good ole days!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:37 pm 
F-Winger

I remember my first year on the team was during Erika's senior year at the 85" Championships at SHAPE - talk about the good ole days. Hope to see ya'll at the DC Reunion in April! Prost! Lauri O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 pm 
WienerWalder

Yeah, I remember MAHS girl's Basketball games.

The game that stands out above all others occurred the night Tracy Scott got punched in the face by the point guard from the opposing team. I think we were playing Nuremburg.

Tracy had an interesting style of guarding her opponent. Let’s just say what she lacked in defensive skill she more than made up for with an unabated intensity. In short, Tracy played like a wild woman: Arms flaying in the air and feet bouncing from left to right.

Tracy may have looked crazy and uncoordinated at times, but she was quite effective. She played with a lot heart and to her credit, she had excellent laterally movement. Everywhere the point guard attempted go Tracy would get there first, cutting her off and often causing a slight collision or at the very least a lot of incidental contact.

I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did. The point guard from Nuremburg was clearly getting roughed up every time she got the ball. You could see the rising level of frustration on her face with each foul. And given that it was a home crowd, she wasn’t getting any sympathy from the refs.

It was still early in the game, Nuremburg’s fourth time up the court, when the point guard had simply had enough. After passing the ball to a teammate, she turned to Tracy, shouted an obscenity and threw a punch which sent Tracy straight to floor, and stunned the home crowd.

She was promptly ejected, and poor Tracy went to bench for medical assistance.

I can still hear Sean Williamson voice as he was seated above me in the stands: “Dang! Did you see that? She hit her! Dang! I really need to start coming to these games more often.”

After the game, I was talking to one of the refs, a tall blonde guy who‘s name escapes me at the moment… I was teasing him, explaining how it was all his fault that Tracy got punched. I argued that he could have prevented the incident had he called any one of a number of those fouls. He laughed and then said: “We don’t call women’s games as closely as we do the men’s.”

“You should,” I said, “Cause someone could really get hurt.”

Anonymous85

Post subject: i remember that game
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:51 pm 
Mustang!

Since I was sitting on the bench that game as usual, I remember that as well. As for Sean's comment he should have been to all the basketball games because I was on the team and he needed to support me! I think he came to most of them anway. Basketball was fun!