Munich American High School

Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: well now, I don't know about any sports, but I do know...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:51 am 
Dayton Deserter

we had a DRILL TEAM! DT! DT!

Bahahahahahaha

Every time I hear "Another One Bites the Dust" (which is annoyingly frequently at sporting events, LOL) my limbs start to flail to the beat.
Not attractively, I might add.

Patty

Post subject: bus trips to sporting events
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:41 am 
WienerWalder

I can remember all the fun times we had on the bus trips to all our games. Best time for me was when we won the championship in basketball, twice!
Like you, I remember the song, "Another One Bites The Dust!" Boy does that bring back memories! Kristin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:55 pm 
WienerWalder

I remember being on the drill team. I, too, have to keep my arms close during "Another One Bites the Dust!" Fortunately I don't remember the entire sequence -- just the opening and the ending -- so I don't embarrass myself by dancing the whole thing!

Post subject: the drill team!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:45 am 
Senior Hall Monitor

Not only did we have an amazing drill team (the very best drill team I've ever been on), but how many of us were part of the Explorer Scouts, especially that wonderful weekend trip we took in the rain. Susan-- your parents took us there in a wonderful luxury benz ride and just left us there, (we didn't have cell phones back then to say, "come back and get us!") We were stuck in the rain for the entire weekend. Nothing was dry, we were cold--- remember we couldn't get our jeans off because they had fused to our bodies. The tents were wet, the sleeping bags were wet, and oh my gosh--- the toilet paper was wet. We had to pitch a tarp to get a fire going and got smoked. It's a wonder I ever went camping again.

My very favorite was the awesome skiing we had!!!!! Best skiing in the world, I think.

btw-- does anyone remember the whole routine-- because, you know,---when we do have a reunion we will HAVE to do an encore performance of "another one bites the dust"

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:58 am 
Dayton Deserter

OMG Susi, I totally forgot about Explorer Scouts till you mentioned it! My recollection of that rainy weekend was that we had NOTHING to do so we had to sit around the fire (smoke) and listen to Rick Loomis read his English assignment (Madame Bovary, I believe).

And I only remember the first part of the routine, sad to say.... You'll have to lead us at the reunion!

Patty

Post subject: Lyrics and Sound
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:32 am 
Poobah

I know...I wasn't exactly part of the DT (the sweater didn't look that good on me) , but I did enjoy watching the practices in the space between the cafeteria and auditorium. This little site has lyrics and sound...go ahead...start it up!

http://www.queenwords.com/lyrics/songs/sng11_02.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:46 pm 
Mustang!

Thank you, Tony, that was very envigorating. I think my children only know the Wierd Al version of that song....we're big fans!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:19 am 
WienerWalder

I do remember that camping trip with all the rain -- didn't we give up and go eat in the cafeteria? I don't think we could get the fire started for breakfast. My favorite trip with the Explorers was the overnight with the hike up to Austria to the hut, and then kayaking back to Germany the next day (I can't remember specific location names). All the trips were great. I don't do much camping any more, though -- I'm a Bed and Breakfast gal now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:54 pm 
Dayton Deserter

I have to tell you guys that I actually found PICTURES of that infamous campout the other night while looking for school pictures. I have no recollection of who took them or how I got them, though. I'll try to scan them as soon as we get the scanner set up here at school.

Patty

Post subject: photos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:22 pm 
Senior Hall Monitor

I had no idea anyone ever took pictures of that trip. It was one of those things I didn't think anyone would ever want to remember.

804.248.0070 please call!

Post subject: Explorer campout
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:55 am 
Mustang!

I was also in Explorers (for a very short time). We camped out on the golf course at Dachau. I remember prior to the trip we stole a bunch of bottles from the chemistry class. We had a great time setting them on fire in the middle of the number 9 green. It's a miracle we didn't blow one of our fingers off. I also recall lots of smuggled beer and some serious hanky panky in the tents (it was co ed if you recall). I have no idea who our adult leader was...they were no where to be found while we destroying Army property. I think the Scouting movement would attract a lot more kids if the campouts were all like ours LOL!