Please Make Your Grad Year Part of Your Log-In Name! Example: "Fred81"
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: JV Soccer Picture - 1979
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:55 pm 
Wind Up Merchant

From Russ Wilson:

Quote:
I've attached a picture of the JV soccer team from Spring 1979. I had written the roster on the back. Back Row L to R: Coach Willet, Bill Keith, Brian Clapp, Brian Hughes, Lauren Gaun, Rick Loomis, Andy Wolter, Louis Towley, Zoran Trotovsek, Jean Corbeil. Front Row L to R: Mike Gardner, Derek Hyaat, Mark Dominic, Dominic Schiavoni, Russ Wilson (great hair!), David Cook, Eddie Waiters, and Joan Metzler (manager).

Post subject: Great Pic!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:04 am 
Poobah

Hey Russ,

Great pic. Dave Cook was one of the first guys to show me around MAHS when we moved there in '78. He lived in the same building as Ray and Armand Houle.

In the Fall, all the leaves around Perlacher were collected and dumped off to the side of his building, behind the AAFES gas station. Now...my kids enjoy jumping the in leaves now, but when I tell them there was a 20 foot high pile of leaves we'd jump into behind Dave's place...swan dives, full out belly flops, you name it...they don't quite believe it. We'd also take darts and see who could throw them the farthest out in front of his building.

Dave moved back stateside after our Freshman year, I believe. I lost touch with him soon after.

Thanks for sharing this pic.

Post subject: Dave Cook
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:34 pm 
Mustang!

I remember Dave being a hoot...always fun to be around. Glad you enjoyed the picture. It didn't make it in the yearbook that year because it was taken late in the school year. I told my boys that our uniform was long sleeve. They didn't believe me until I showed them the picture. I think we played every single game in snow or rain!